Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 week stall! Any advice?

Ugh! I am so frustrated. The scale hasn’t moved in two weeks! I don’t know what to do. I’m 5 months post op. I’m eating about 700 calories a day. Doc wants me up to 1000, but it’s been tough to get there. I haven’t had a whole lot of energy the past month, but I upped my Protein Shakes to twice a day and that has helped with my energy considerably.
I admit I haven’t been too strict with my diet relying mostly on the tiny portions that I eat keeping me in check, which they have in the sense that I’m not getting very many calories. I do try and make sure I’ve gotten my Protein in each day, and my Water. I just don’t see how 700 calories a day can keep me at 185lbs for 2 weeks without so much as one pound lost.

I have been loosing slow from the get go and now its trickling to a hault. I’m 50lbs down since surgery but my weight loss can’t already be stopping. Can it?
Please advise. Or share you similar story.

HW 238, SW 230, CW 185

Surgery date September 19, 2019

Edited by Dee2938

Anyone?

To me it sounds like an Old fashioned stall. Your calories sound right to me. I just hit 7 months and ive been stalled for over 2 weeks now. Its part of the process. Just hang on and it will break. Keep tracking your food, eating your Protein, and drinking your Water. Hopefully the stall breaks. Keep me updated and ill try to do the same. You got this. Keep going.

Thanks so much. I’m just sticking to it. Wish me luck. I appreciate the support. Let me know once your stall breaks too. It’s so frustrating.

Sometimes, you've got to change things up a bit. Stalls will happen, and you need to hang in there and not let them bring you down.

My dietitian suggested that if I'm stalling, it's because my body is used to what I'm doing. Change up the type of exercise, eat a bit more one day and then go back to what you were eating before... just keep it a constantly changing routine. Yea, it's annoying, but if you hang in there, it'll move again. :)

I'm going on a two week stall as well and it suckssss :(

Im going to try what @Sammi_Katt suggested and play with my daily cal intake. I've done that before and it usually breaks my stall. We'll see!

That doesn't seem like enough calories to me. I bet if you increase your calories you will lose. Maybe your body thinks it's starving and needs more. It's helped me in the past to increase it some.