Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does it hurt once you have had the surgery.....not hurt when you eat the wrong food but does your insides hurt? Does it feel like you just had most of your stomach removed?

Does it hurt once you have had the surgery.....not hurt when you eat the wrong food but does your insides hurt? Does it feel like you just had most of your stomach removed?

I had the RNY and it doesn't hurt inside. The incisions are tender and the gas sucks and if you drink too much it hurts but I honestly felt little pain. Best advice: walk as soon as you can and as often as you can. It helps a lot.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I experienced some pain for the first few days. I was given pain meds to help control it though. The pain doesn’t last long and the surgery is well worth it!

Pain from the holes in your belly where they put big metal things inside to do the surgery of course it will be sore and I had a drain bottle for 3 days with a tube going inside my belly to help with Fluid that was most sore trying to sleep or get comfortable but once they removed the drain and I had the first shower it was BLISS!

You only feel pain in your actual new stomach if you eat spicy food or try to eat too much too soon; you'll learn over time how your be stomach responds to different things..

I didn't have any pain - just sore abs the first few days (felt like I'd done a bunch of crunches whenever I tried to get out of bed). But just lying there - no - no pain. And no pain at all inside. If I didn't know, I wouldn't have been able to tell anyone had been messing with my insides. I'm guessing you don't have a lot of nerves in there..

I got the sleeve. Pain (and pain meds) for a few days. I didn't get gas pain. After the operation healed (maybe three weeks?) no pain or weird stomach feelings except the restriction; I could only have 2 oz. at once at first.

Same as everyone else - No pain just tightness during the healing - This is not a painful surgery so do not freak yourself out - Just do it and get healthy

I had RNY and had very little pain. It was mostly the incision soreness which is to be expected. If I ate or drank to quickly that would hurt. I think the biggest thing I noticed was it seemed like initially I could feel the liquid moving from my stomach to my intestines. I'm guessing this was more so from all the inflammation. I'm 3.5mos out and don't notice it now.

I had the immediate post-op pain, but I can't say as I felt like I had my stomach removed.

The weirdest thing though: I'm a side sleeper and for the first month or so I couldn't lay on my side. It felt like my guts were shifting and it was very uncomfortable. Not painful, just weird and uncomfortable.

Today, almost 2 years post-op, the only pain I get is if I eat a little too much. I see it as a friendly reminder from my sleeve that I've overdone it and I try to avoid it in the future.