Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello I'm 6 years out 30 lbs gained .I don't know where to start to fix my self is there a certain amount of calories to eat to lose weight..?

It really varies based on a lot of things like metabolism, age, heredity, level of activity, muscle mass, etc. The quality of the calories matters too.

I would start by counting calories to see what you are eating now, then experiment by slowly dropping them until you find the right level. I am still slowly losing at 1,000-1,200 a day, but your number might be totally different.

Good luck!

On 10/4/2019 at 10:56 PM, Bellanthin said:

Hello I'm 6 years out 30 lbs gained .I don't know where to start to fix my self is there a certain amount of calories to eat to lose weight..?

Always watch your sugar intake and how many carbs you eat throughout the day.

I would say go back to the basics. Get an app like Baritastic and start logging in what you eat. Start out with trying to get your 80 grams of Protein first. I try get my Proteins from fish or fowl. Eat slow, drink liquids 1/2 hour before and after your meals. Get in at least 64 ounces of water/liquids. Stop the Snacks, processed foods and anything without nutritional value.

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• ms.sss

I think i just spent the entire morning plus a couple more hours on here.
      My name is ms.sss and I am a BP forums-aholic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SabrinaGoddess

My life is WONDERFUL
      JUST PLAIN WONDERFUL
      I am 10 weeks post op today. I have lost 43 pounds!
      I walk 3-5 miles daily and I have picked up Hoola Hooping! I am on a dang roll and I love it.
      SO HAPPY I GOT THE SLEEVE!
      Sorry I have been absent on here but I really have made it a point to take care of ME. My exercise time is precious so I have to get it in before working or anything else.
      I wish there was MORE than WORDS to express to you just how wonderful I feel!
      I even created a new blog post today! https://sabrinagoddess.com/create-a-life-that-you-love

· 2 replies
      1. Michaeljex

http://herbalgeek.com/products/weight_loss/hoodia

2. Michaeljex

http://herbalgeek.com/products/weight_loss/hoodia

• BayougirlMrsS

WOW..... 50,005 people have viewed my profile..... Hope i was able to inspire at least one....
      · 0 replies
    • Vicki Lindsey

Ok I had surgery on Jan 27 2020 so I am 3 weeks out and have lost 32 lbs  I wish I had this done sooner. Now just trying to figure out different things to eat so I am not eating the same thing over and over. I did order some stuff today from the Bariatric Store and that stuff should be here in time for my next phase. I have a goal of 50 lbs by the first of June hope that is attainable. Good luck to every one on this journey 
      · 1 reply
      1. MAUREEN2U

That wonderful. That's a lot of weight for such a short time.Hooray.

• GinaFigz

· 0 replies
  • Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs