Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Asking older sleevers, did I make a mistake?

Is it too early to be concerned about not having enough weight loss? My restriction has lessened and I'm losing at a snail's pace. I'm so concerned. I lost about 5 pounds in June.

Should I have had gastric bypass? How early is it to consider a revision? Help!!

Is it too early to be concerned about not having enough weight loss? My restriction has lessened and I'm losing at a snail's pace. I'm so concerned. I lost about 5 pounds in June.
Should I have had gastric bypass? How early is it to consider a revision? Help!!
How long ago did you do a sleeve

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using BariatricPal mobile app

17 minutes ago, gabybab said:

Chillax! I had a 6 month plateau & was feeling freaked but have since lost 23 pounds in a little over a month. Stay on track & focus on exercise & what you eat. Calories in vs calories out still matters. You got this!

34 minutes ago, big_ange said:

How long ago did you do a sleeve

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using BariatricPal mobile app

In 10 days it will be 5 months. I'm concerned because I only lost 5 pounds in June and only 1 pound so far this month. It seems bad habits are creeping back.

29 minutes ago, Seahawks Fan said:

Chillax! I had a 6 month plateau & was feeling freaked but have since lost 23 pounds in a little over a month. Stay on track & focus on exercise & what you eat. Calories in vs calories out still matters. You got this!

I wear a Fitbit and try to get 7500 steps by walking and daily activities. I'm eating more calories now and am really trying, it just seems to be so slow. I'm scared. I really would like to get to 200. My Dr says 180, but I will need some plastics at either weight. Thank you for the encouragement! And, Go Hawks!

Edited by gabybab

I’m 227 now hoping to be 200 by September. It’s a stretch but doable! Good luck!

3 minutes ago, Seahawks Fan said:

I’m 227 now hoping to be 200 by September. It’s a stretch but doable! Good luck!

You will do it! You are in the home stretch now! Best wishes!

Edited by gabybab

1 hour ago, gabybab said:

I wear a Fitbit and try to get 7500 steps by walking and daily activities. I'm eating more calories now and am really trying, it just seems to be so slow. I'm scared. I really would like to get to 200. My Dr says 180, but I will need some plastics at either weight. Thank you for the encouragement! And, Go Hawks!

You should probably be shooting for more steps and making sure that you get your heart rate up when you are walking. Go back to basics with your diet. I'm sure everything will get back to normal :)

A lot of thongs determine WL, Age gender prior health issues bowel movem, macro levels hydration. Some people just lose slowly, I did. I know it seems scary because hear abput maximizing the honeymoon phase. Constantly. But yoir body will do mostly what it wants

But

You can still make it to you goals by sheer determination. Do Not five up or feel defeated. That's usually when the bad habits will reinforcetheir positions in your mind. Do not give doubt real estate in your WLS journey.

sleep /hydrate more, stress less amd join groups activities, challenges that keep you accountable and multifaceted

Good Luck 💜

Edited by GreenTealael

5 hours ago, gabybab said:

In 10 days it will be 5 months. I'm concerned because I only lost 5 pounds in June and only 1 pound so far this month. It seems bad habits are creeping back.

Look, if you KNOW what's going on = bad habits are creeping back, then you KNOW what to do. Hon, this happens at ANY age, not cuz you're an older VSG girl. Quit cheatin. Work your honeymoon and you will get back to bidness. Stay the course!

6 hours ago, gabybab said:

I am exactly the same. I was sleeved on 2/20. Lost 55lbs pretty quickly and then the brakes went on! I've been stuck and teetering with a 1-2lb loss (and gain) for over a month now. I still follow the rules and mostly do Keto foods so it's very frustrating. I feel like this is it - and once I can up my intake to the full 8oz per meal that I'll stop losing altogether and actually start to gain. I too have felt like I should've gone with bypass. Glad to know I'm not alone!

Starting weight on surgery date (2/20/2019): 275

4.5 months post-op: 215

Height - 5'7 (female) 42 years young

You've lost a fair amount already, so no worries. Just keep on track with eating the right food. I was in a stall for 3 months and it's finally broken loose. I only lost 10 pounds in 3 months. It's okay. The weight will come off.

Thank you, gradycat. It really does help to know we're not alone. I will dispute the calories in/calories out theory ALL DAY LONG : ) I know I don't eat near as many calories as I naturally burn, not even including the exercising I do. So it really just comes down to what our own bodies are capable of doing and when they choose to burn or store. Everyone is different that's for sure!

Congrats on your success by the way - this is not easy!

13 hours ago, ARMoma45 said:

You should probably be shooting for more steps and making sure that you get your heart rate up when you are walking. Go back to basics with your diet. I'm sure everything will get back to normal :)

Getting 7500 at this point is good place for me to be. From being very sedentary to getting 7500 steps, is a miracle. I will probably up this to 10,000 in time. I'm trying to eliminate some things that I have incorporated and are not helping. Saving the coffee for a treat once in awhile is a MUST! Thank you!

11 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

A lot of thongs determine WL, Age gender prior health issues bowel movem, macro levels hydration. Some people just lose slowly, I did. I know it seems scary because hear abput maximizing the honeymoon phase. Constantly. But yoir body will do mostly what it wants

But

You can still make it to you goals by sheer determination. Do Not five up or feel defeated. That's usually when the bad habits will reinforcetheir positions in your mind. Do not give doubt real estate in your WLS journey.

sleep /hydrate more, stress less amd join groups activities, challenges that keep you accountable and multifaceted

Good Luck 💜

Thank you so much for your positivity and I hope you get to feeling better soon. You are one of my inspirations! Thank you!💕

Edited by gabybab