Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Asking older sleevers, did I make a mistake?



Recommended Posts

Is it too early to be concerned about not having enough weight loss? My restriction has lessened and I'm losing at a snail's pace. I'm so concerned. I lost about 5 pounds in June.

Should I have had gastric bypass? How early is it to consider a revision? Help!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is it too early to be concerned about not having enough weight loss? My restriction has lessened and I'm losing at a snail's pace. I'm so concerned. I lost about 5 pounds in June.
Should I have had gastric bypass? How early is it to consider a revision? Help!!
How long ago did you do a sleeve

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, gabybab said:

Is it too early to be concerned about not having enough weight loss? My restriction has lessened and I'm losing at a snail's pace. I'm so concerned. I lost about 5 pounds in June.

Should I have had gastric bypass? How early is it to consider a revision? Help!!

Chillax! I had a 6 month plateau & was feeling freaked but have since lost 23 pounds in a little over a month. Stay on track & focus on exercise & what you eat. Calories in vs calories out still matters. You got this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, big_ange said:

How long ago did you do a sleeve

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using BariatricPal mobile app

In 10 days it will be 5 months. I'm concerned because I only lost 5 pounds in June and only 1 pound so far this month. It seems bad habits are creeping back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Seahawks Fan said:

Chillax! I had a 6 month plateau & was feeling freaked but have since lost 23 pounds in a little over a month. Stay on track & focus on exercise & what you eat. Calories in vs calories out still matters. You got this!

I wear a Fitbit and try to get 7500 steps by walking and daily activities. I'm eating more calories now and am really trying, it just seems to be so slow. I'm scared. I really would like to get to 200. My Dr says 180, but I will need some plastics at either weight. Thank you for the encouragement! And, Go Hawks!

Edited by gabybab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m 227 now hoping to be 200 by September. It’s a stretch but doable! Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Seahawks Fan said:

I’m 227 now hoping to be 200 by September. It’s a stretch but doable! Good luck!

You will do it! You are in the home stretch now! Best wishes!

Edited by gabybab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gabybab said:

I wear a Fitbit and try to get 7500 steps by walking and daily activities. I'm eating more calories now and am really trying, it just seems to be so slow. I'm scared. I really would like to get to 200. My Dr says 180, but I will need some plastics at either weight. Thank you for the encouragement! And, Go Hawks!

You should probably be shooting for more steps and making sure that you get your heart rate up when you are walking. Go back to basics with your diet. I'm sure everything will get back to normal :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A lot of thongs determine WL, Age gender prior health issues bowel movem, macro levels hydration. Some people just lose slowly, I did. I know it seems scary because hear abput maximizing the honeymoon phase. Constantly. But yoir body will do mostly what it wants

But

You can still make it to you goals by sheer determination. Do Not five up or feel defeated. That's usually when the bad habits will reinforcetheir positions in your mind. Do not give doubt real estate in your WLS journey.

sleep /hydrate more, stress less amd join groups activities, challenges that keep you accountable and multifaceted

Good Luck 💜

Edited by GreenTealael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gabybab said:

In 10 days it will be 5 months. I'm concerned because I only lost 5 pounds in June and only 1 pound so far this month. It seems bad habits are creeping back.

Look, if you KNOW what's going on = bad habits are creeping back, then you KNOW what to do. Hon, this happens at ANY age, not cuz you're an older VSG girl. Quit cheatin. Work your honeymoon and you will get back to bidness. Stay the course!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gabybab said:

In 10 days it will be 5 months. I'm concerned because I only lost 5 pounds in June and only 1 pound so far this month. It seems bad habits are creeping back.

I am exactly the same. I was sleeved on 2/20. Lost 55lbs pretty quickly and then the brakes went on! I've been stuck and teetering with a 1-2lb loss (and gain) for over a month now. I still follow the rules and mostly do keto foods so it's very frustrating. I feel like this is it - and once I can up my intake to the full 8oz per meal that I'll stop losing altogether and actually start to gain. I too have felt like I should've gone with bypass. Glad to know I'm not alone!

Starting weight on surgery date (2/20/2019): 275

4.5 months post-op: 215

Height - 5'7 (female) 42 years young

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You've lost a fair amount already, so no worries. Just keep on track with eating the right food. I was in a stall for 3 months and it's finally broken loose. I only lost 10 pounds in 3 months. It's okay. The weight will come off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, gradycat. It really does help to know we're not alone. I will dispute the calories in/calories out theory ALL DAY LONG : ) I know I don't eat near as many calories as I naturally burn, not even including the exercising I do. So it really just comes down to what our own bodies are capable of doing and when they choose to burn or store. Everyone is different that's for sure!

Congrats on your success by the way - this is not easy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ARMoma45 said:

You should probably be shooting for more steps and making sure that you get your heart rate up when you are walking. Go back to basics with your diet. I'm sure everything will get back to normal :)

Getting 7500 at this point is good place for me to be. From being very sedentary to getting 7500 steps, is a miracle. I will probably up this to 10,000 in time. I'm trying to eliminate some things that I have incorporated and are not helping. Saving the coffee for a treat once in awhile is a MUST! Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

A lot of thongs determine WL, Age gender prior health issues bowel movem, macro levels hydration. Some people just lose slowly, I did. I know it seems scary because hear abput maximizing the honeymoon phase. Constantly. But yoir body will do mostly what it wants

But

You can still make it to you goals by sheer determination. Do Not five up or feel defeated. That's usually when the bad habits will reinforcetheir positions in your mind. Do not give doubt real estate in your WLS journey.

sleep /hydrate more, stress less amd join groups activities, challenges that keep you accountable and multifaceted

Good Luck 💜

Thank you so much for your positivity and I hope you get to feeling better soon. You are one of my inspirations! Thank you!💕

Edited by gabybab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • CrowLuv

      My Quote of the Day 

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • GreenTealael  »  RNY 2ND RODEO

      ⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
      🕒🕒🕒Happy Surgery Day & Good Luck🕒🕒🕒
      ⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ms.sss

      Looks like I need people around to complete a 10K.  I tried to do one by myself this afternoon and I gave up at around the 7km mark.  Gonna try again on Friday, but I may have to look into joining a running club...
      · 1 reply
      1. FluffyChix

        Join a running club!!! Woot!!!

    • d711

      post op 2 months
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • allwet

      My Surgeon asked me a question the other day and i didn't give it a lot of thought at the time.
      He asked "do you tell"
      we were talking about peoples reaction to seeing me since i lost such a large amount of me.
      I answered that i do tell if they ask but that it seems most everyone is afraid to mention it if they haven't seen me in a while or they decided they already know the answer so they don't need the truth from me (we all know those types)
      I have had exactly one family friend come right out and ask me how i lost so much weight this year and i told her i had Gastric Sleeve.
      I am sure family has passed it around to other family (you have that type family don't you? or is it just me)  
      So that left me wondering "do you tell" and i dont mean right at surgery time. more like a year or so down the road do you say how or do you just say cut out the sugar and carbs and WAALAA
      Its a real personal choice to open yourself up to that kind of criticism and we know all about how we took the "Easy" way and yada yada yada.
      hope everyone is having a great week
      · 3 replies
      1. Orchids&Dragons

        If people ask, I am open about it

      2. ms.sss

        I'm about 10 months post op, and my standard answer is I eat way less and exercise way more (oh, and I cut the carbs by a lot). The only people I told were Mr., the Kid, BFF and my Mom.

      3. FluffyChix

        People know cuz my sissies have big mouths. And when skinny peeps ask out of morbid curiousity and they are "related" somehow to me, I look at em and arch my eyebrow and smile like, WTF? Then I just shrug and say, "I can neither confirm nor deny." (I've practiced this in the mirror many times. LOL!)

        But today, I was talking to a lady in my oncologist's office and she said "Oh don't you love you Surgeon X - bariatric surgeon? I'm in her weigh loss program!" And so I really opened up to her and talked frankly about the program and the surgery and details and how I'm so much happier and healthier, etc. So there has to be a real genuine need and desire for comraderie--otherwise, "Bye Felicia..."

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×