Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'M NEW HERE~MY INTRODUCTION

Hello, I'm Tracy age 45 mom of 7, ages 30 to 1½. I'm originally from southern California and now reside in Alabama. I had the Roux en Y procedure 12/26/2001 almost 18 years ago in Whittier California at age 28, my weight skyrocketed to 407lbs at 5'2"..! Luckily with no other conditions i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure etc so I was a great candidate. My lowest weight was 148. I maintained for many years until 2006 after my 5th child and a nasty divorce and with that came my depression & over eating. In 2007, I moved to Alabama and weighed 189, got remarried in 08' and had 2 more children. After having my 6th child in 2011 my weight got up to 203 & there it stayed until January 2018, after giving birth to (my 7th baby) our precious full term daughter who sadly was stillborn at 41 weeks, and 10 months later in October, I lost my best friend/my momma to liver cancer at age 66. After the devastation, I no longer cared about anything, I didn't even care if I lived or died. I turned to eating and was on a lot of medication for anxiety, depression and a mood stabilizer which added another 57 lbs. After going to therapy, getting off all my meds, returning to my faith/church I decided 2019 would be my year!! I made that promise to my momma on her death bed! I went ahead and had my oral surgeries, another back surgery, another mammo/biopsy (I also lost ¾ of my left breast last Aug) saw my cardiologist, changed my diet to all Keto. But the 19 lbs I lost in 5 months came right back. So on June 7th I met with a local Bariatric Dr, June 27th did my pre-op tests and just 6 days ago July 2, I had my revision done to a gastric sleeve. I was 251 day of surgery and I'm at 142 lbs as of yesterday. I had zero pain except for the horrific gas pain in my upper chest, shoulders & back because once they got in there, they discovered a huge hernia behind my liver & fixed that. My first gastric bypass I was cut open 16" so having it done by laparoscope was amazing just 9 little incisions. I feel great and I'm excited for my new life & 2nd chance! Thank you for reading and God bless!IMG_20190707_040852_601.jpeg.dbe65e65e85df207b3760a7f3c9d6613.jpeg IMG_20190707_041046_229.thumb.jpeg.ce8990d83cf5bac412b02af81424585e.jpeg IMG_20190707_041133_463.thumb.jpeg.6528cc4325295213cd90a0b20e229706.jpeg IMG_20190707_041236_990.thumb.jpeg.cf9a0ce2ad0a8a80fca86363a99444ac.jpeg IMG_20190707_041300_983.thumb.jpeg.74f56c42b27863d8bd50ceb80a34ab3d.jpeg IMG_20190707_040928_517.jpeg.83aa1a30bd31d9d132e5a1c472021da7.jpeg
Sent from my DL7006 using BariatricPal mobile app

Welcome. Thank you for having the courage to share. Good luck to you.

Welcome, Tracy! This is a very supportive community and I'm sure you'll fit right in.

I'm so sorry to hear about the devastating losses you've suffered recently. Does your surgical team have a therapist to help you work with your emotions? It really does help a lot.

I'm fascinated that they converted your RnY to a sleeve. I didn't know that could be done.

6 hours ago, My Year 2019 said:

ust 6 days ago July 2, I had my revision done to a gastric sleeve. I was 251 day of surgery and I'm at 142 lbs as of yesterday.

Hello. I'm confused. You had your last surgery on July 2, weighed 251, and in 4 days you're 142...?

You've been through a lot. God bless.

sure they probably meant 242, if you can drop 109 pounds in under a week, I definitely had the WRONG SURGERY! Taken me 10 months to lose down to where I am now, and at least One doctor, my PCP, thinks I dropped too much too quickly. Yeah the self-said man who used dance around the exam room singing " Obesity gonna Kill You" at every time I showed up in his office. Now he tells me I was only supposed to 70% excess body weight, gosh I NEVER KNEW he had set me a quota, anyhow I have lost 68.3% and he is panicking. Some days you please everyone so you gotta please yourself. With a salute to Eric Hillard(known as Ricky) Nelson, gone too soon and oh the Musical Gap since his passing! I wasn't as much an Elvis freak as I was for Ricky Nelson.

you can't please everyone so you got to please yourself---curses be upon this Chinese- engineered Smartphone, it is not Smart just an electronic bully, said things never keyed in.