Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, all! Thanks for being so kind and encouraging on my first post about beginning the process.

Out of all the many things that I hate about being overweight is excessive sweating is the worst. I work in PR and event planning. One of my favorite things to do is to get my hair blown out. The more weight I've gained the more pointless blowouts are. I sweat it all out. I sweat all the time in really awful places. Under my boobs, my paunch and between my thighs. My face gets so red people ask if I am sunburned.

Did anyone have this problem before surgery? Has anyone had any relief?

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

omg. being cold is a common side effect of rapid weight loss. soon you will be cold all the time and your blowout will stay intact...unless you need to start wearing beanies to keep warm. :)

My thermostat says its 24.5 degrees C (thats 76 F for you non-metric folks) in my house right now...pre-surgery, this temp would require that I be in a tank tops and shorts. Right now, I'm wearing woollen socks, quilted slippers, fleece pants, a long sleeve t-shirt and a hoodie...under a blankie. And I'm still kinda chilly.

omg. being cold is a common side effect of rapid weight loss. soon you will be cold all the time and your blowout will stay intact...unless you need to start wearing beanies to keep warm. [emoji4]
My thermostat says its 24.5 degrees C (thats 76 F for you non-metric folks) in my house right now...pre-surgery, this temp would require that I be in a tank tops and shorts. Right now, I'm wearing woollen socks, quilted slippers, fleece pants, a long sleeve t-shirt and a hoodie...under a blankie. And I'm still kinda chilly.

Thanks! That sounds heavenly. I think it's easier to put stuff on than take it off. Especially in public!

I have severe heat intolerance. Ms.sass is right. I was so terribly cold after surgery. Abnormal for me as I sweat all the time and causes oily skin and scalp. I have thick hair and really should Shampoo everyday, but use a dry shampoo for the second day.

I've noticed I still sweat, like today I was at the Dr and I was stressed about not being able to hook onto their wifi, they changed the username and password. I was sweating so bad. sometimes I feel like it is stress. But, I'm definitely cooler overall.

I wish you much success and feeling cooler.

Edited by gabybab

Yes and yes!! I used to sweat really easily and now I have a hard time working up a sweat even when working out. Yesterday I was freezing AT THE GYM! I’m cold all the time now. This changed immediately after surgery for me, before I’d really lost any weight. I find this so incredible.

9 hours ago, Randi3434 said:

Hi, all! Thanks for being so kind and encouraging on my first post about beginning the process.

Out of all the many things that I hate about being overweight is excessive sweating is the worst. I work in PR and event planning. One of my favorite things to do is to get my hair blown out. The more weight I've gained the more pointless blowouts are. I sweat it all out. I sweat all the time in really awful places. Under my boobs, my paunch and between my thighs. My face gets so red people ask if I am sunburned.

Did anyone have this problem before surgery? Has anyone had any relief?

After surgery, I’m cold most of the time. I now look forward to shedding all my layers of clothing and showing skin in the summer. Air conditioning and grocery store refrigerated/frozen food isles are an issue. Once I get cold it takes me quite a while to warm back up.

Oh yeah, I know the boob sweat and crease sweat issues! I'm 5 months post-op and have lost 49 pounds and in hot weather I still get sweaty in those places, but not inside in the a/c or just on a regular basis.

May Day #8:

• 8 pushups: Done!
  • Work up sweat: I have not gone to Hot Yoga or Zumba for 2 weeks :( ...I've been on client site these past couple weeks and couldn't get to my normal weekday morning classes. I kept saying I would squeeze them in on the weekends, but I always end up sleeping in or having something else to do. I still go for my daily walks, which i've upped to 1.5 hours a day (approx 8km) to make up a little for it, but walking does not make me sweat. Maybe, maybe, I will try running for part of my walk tonite. Maybe.

So, I'm about 2 years out. I've lost about 150 pounds. I work out almost every day, including fencing (as in en garde). I am in my mid 50s and menopausal. So let's combine someone who used to be hot all the time and sweating, lost a ton of weight and is now cold (as in I wear jackets everywhere and hoodies are my best friends) in multiple layers of fencing gear and working out vigorously for 2 hours. I soak through all my clothes.

So you will still have times when you sweat but it will be because you are exerting yourself. These days, I sweat at the gym. Otherwise, I'm under layers and blankets even if its 80 degrees out.

I am sooo looking forward to being a bit more heat tolerant :) I've been waiting for the warmer weather to decide if has made a difference, but so far I've been surprised at how NOT hot I am! I haven't used my fan at work, and that's usually on every day.

I wish I was cold all the time! I’m still a sweaty beast and not even that large because I had sleeve to bypass for GERD so I’m like 20-30 lbs from my goal. It’s going to be hot as hell in SoCal soon and I wish I was cold!! I’m not prepared for shorts this summer. Last summer I looked fantastic before steroids made me gain 30 lbs.

I hadn't thought about it until I saw this post, but I no longer sweat excessively. It's amazing. I used to be so embarrassed by the sweat pouring down my head and neck at work for no apparent reason (other than obesity I guess).

And now I have become a Chilly Willy, sit in the sun like a Dog,or Kitty, I just NEED the sunbeams heat!

oh nooooo! Im already always cold, I'm definitely not looking forward to being colder. I do realize that I was sweating in my face more than usual but not enough to complain. I'll take the sweat over the cold anyday!!! Why is it that you are colder after surgery?