Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay. I’ve promised myself I won’t panic.
Was sleeved on 2/6 and recovering “normally”
Lost 23.4 pounds in 12 days and now I’ve been at the exact same weight for 3 days running.
Lol, I even had my husband get on the scale to verify it wasn’t “stuck” and it registered a different weight with him.
I’ve heard of the 3 week stall and was ready for that, but this has kinda hit me by surprise.
Has anyone else had the 2 week stall?
I’m keeping my fingers crossed that maybe because I lost almost 10% of my body weight in 2 days, I just hit the stall early?
The thought that my body is betraying me again this early in the process is unimaginable

I was sleeved the day before you - and hit a stall at day 10 that is in its 6th day now. I know everyone says it's normal and to be expected, but it's still very worrying and frustrating after going through so much to get here. Hugs.

Gosh Boldilocks that stinks.
I’m hoping someone sees this that has been there and come out the other side with a positive story.

In the meantime we take one day at a time

I'm 5 months out and hit more stalls than I can count. I have to learn to be patient with myself. I didn't put all this weight on in one month. I have to keep thinking of where I want to be in a year. Learned to change up my eating, get more calories for fuel, and exercise more.

I did. From 2-3 weeks basically. Just seems to have broken but I’m not going to obsess right now. Or try not. Lol

Thanks so far for the responses.
One reason it’s kinda bothering me is because where I am “stuck” right now has been a sticking place with me in the past.
However in the past I would get stuck here, flounder around for a few weeks, then slowly start to regain.
Logically I know that cannot happen this time around but I feel as if I almost have PTSD over it.
Lol, I’ll be MUCH happier once I can breakthrough

On 02/21/2019 at 15:46, Liz The New Me said:

Also watch your sugar intake

First day of the stall hit while still on liquid diet phase. I consumed 184 calories that day.
Second day was 1st day purées. I had 1/2 egg and 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese for 2 meals and all I had was the 2 meals. Yeah that’s all I had that day but I was so sick and tired of “sweet” tasting Protein Drinks I didn’t care.
Yesterday I branched out and added a third meal of the Bariatric oatmeal.
I double checked all my macros and I’ve only had about 20gm carbs for the 3 days combined.

I did skip walking on the treadmill one of those days bc I had dr appts all day.
Man I hope skipping one day on the treadmill doesn’t put me into a stall...

Okay so I had a session with my therapist tonite (great timing with this stall) and I’m going to use a non-scale victory over the next few weeks.
I have a pair of pants that I really want to wear and currently I can pull them over my hips but cannot zip or button them.
When I can put them on and sit comfortably in them, I’m allowing myself to get back on the scale.
Until then, I will refuse to weigh

how long does this last for?

I’m day sixteen post op & have stalled for almost a week. There’s no way that’s I’m taking in anywhere near enough calories to stall so I’m keeping the faith that it’s all down to internal post op chemistry going on...

I stall all the time!!! But I just keep drinking Water and getting my Protein in and then out of nowhere I drop lbs again. Just keep doing the program and it will eventually come off. If there is anything I have learned is that the human body is very unpredictable!!!

Yeah. I just keep telling myself that I lost almost 2 pounds/day for 12 days and now my body needs to rest before it can start losing again

I’m going to avoid the scale until that pair of pants that doesn’t fit me, fits me.

5 hours ago, NH1 said:

I’m day sixteen post op & have stalled for almost a week. There’s no way that’s I’m taking in anywhere near enough calories to stall so I’m keeping the faith that it’s all down to internal post op chemistry going on...

I'm 18 days post op and have been stalling for 8 days now. I have only pooped once in the last 5 days though, so I'm taking additional stool softerners and hoping...

What was your starting weight? I have heard so many people say that because I started at a (relatively) low BMI, I will lose much more slowly and stall more.

The stall is real, 10 days and I am working through it, kinda bummed though