Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So it is taking longer for the nurse to call me to schedule the surgery then it was for the insurance company to approve the surgery. It took 3 days for insurance. I found out last Wednesday ( 1/29) that I was approved and the nurse still hasn't called me to give me a surgery date. I'm just annoyed!!!!! Anyone else have this issue?

My surgeon was scheduled three weeks out, so it took a while for me to get on the schedule once approved and I didn't like the delay but eventually had the surgery 12/11 and am happy that I did it. Better later than never!

Yes I’m having the same problem waiting on the nurse I called today to see if I was ready I was told yes going into the second week 🤯 maybe I’m blowing this out of proportion I don’t know my conscience is telling me to be abit more patient so I’ll listen to my conscience 😜

Edited by Levetha

I was self pay, but i would be calling to schedule myself LOL..

I get your frustration! I have completed all my appointments (last one was today) and I was really hoping to get a surgery date. Now they said the NP has to review everything and they have 2 weeks. I know it’s not the end of the world and two weeks one way or the other isn’t going to make a difference. But I’m disappointed today. I hope you hear from the nurse soon!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• WeGettingThere

I'm trying to give these people all my labs and it's so hard! I had to do number 2 in a bag and send it in for the lab to test it. CHILE! Why did I poop in the container and when I went to drop it off, that part of the hospital was closed?!  Sigh. AWKWARD. I'll drop it off today after work tho. Feeling great!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • NeedsTheBeach

Getting a little nervous about post surgery life adaptation. I really want to succeed, but habits are so hard to break.
      · 0 replies
    • AshMarie794

Think I am hitting a stall-ish period. Weight loss is def slowing and I need a kickstart to get it going again....any suggestions?
      · 0 replies
    • ms.sss

Good news and Meh news...
      Meh: so I think I experienced/am experiencing my first stall-ish since surgery and now I get how frustrating it can be!  So annoying to wake up every morning to watch the scale report a gain or loss of the same 1.5 pounds for over 2 weeks.  *sigh*.  Some say put the scale away, but I log my weight every morning to get a daily moving average of my weight.  So long as this moving average is not heading upwards (which it isn’t and hasn’t since post-op) then I am good with my curent “minimalist” weekly weight loss rate, however small I think it is 🙄.
      However.
      The Good news:
      To allow for some self back patting, and to remind myself of the bigger picture, I set a bunch of interim goals/milestones... a few of which are 10lbs increment weight loss goals:
      So this morning, after hovering within 1.5 pounds of an interim goal for over 2 weeks, I weighed in at 164.8, and officially lost 70 lbs!  In 4 months.  That is 30% of my starting body weight.  Or the equivalent of my 10 year old neice. How crazy is that.
      Next Goal: weigh in at 162lbs to be merely overweight (and not obese!)
      · 0 replies
    • MonnieB

I am in the Pre-Op stage.  I have 4 more nutrition classes to go to.  I've had my endoscopy with favorable results although I was told I had an abnormal z-line.  Everything looks good so far.  Had my team appointment with the psychologist and have my pulmonologist  this week.  I chose the sleeve
      · 0 replies
  • Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

1. Carbs After Bariatric Surgery?

Posted in: Food & Nutrition
      Lisa Kaouk, RD & Monica Bashaw, RD
    2. New Year’s Resolutions

Posted in: Support
      Alex Brecher
    3. Go With Your Gut!

Posted in: Mental Health