Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't do goals - they bring out the rebel in me! ;-)

Actually, I'd quite like to get my conservatory roof insulated, but that's probably not what you meant! ;-)🙂

23 hours ago, mahelpme said:

goals for 2019

i get mad/argue with my daughter at times - i will try and work on that issue. "Do or Do Not, There is No Try!"

kathy

Just got sleeved 18 days ago. Have several goals for 2019.

Kick butt at this new life and get adjusted to it.

Weights and cardio several times a week.

Redo my backyard (which is all rocks and will involve a great workout of removing them all and putting in grass and a firepit) and create a nice garden and grilling area that I will utilize.

Go on a vacation with my wife and kids where I can actually either ride roller coasters,etc., zipline, or ride the rapids (all of which I haven't been able to do in many years, or at all in the case of ziplining).

Not to have any joint injuries. Not 100% in my control, but in the last two years, I've broken both feet (one twice), torn my knee, torn my shoulder badly, and sprained my hand. None of that is weight related, but I'd like to be able to get back to a steady exercise routine, rather than having to skip for 6 weeks-2 months at a time because of injuries.

Separately, the Post had a great article on New Year's goals. It is a good read. It tracks a lot of what we talk about in one of my weight loss therapy groups.

"A more helpful approach to creating more healthful habits is to consider those behaviors new skills, and to accept that there is a process to becoming competent in those skills. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/dont-think-of-it-as-a-new-years-resolution-think-of-it-as-a-new-skill/2018/12/18/db10fbac-020b-11e9-9122-82e98f91ee6f_story.html?utm_term=.c39c25ba6e8d

Aim yourself in Life a little more gently, you're not a pork Tenderloin that needs to be beaten and flattened out. Take good and kind care of yourself, you are only issued One Body & it is supposed to last you a Lifetime!

Cheers to another New Year; another chance to get things right! Oprah Winfrey

Take more time for myself, and work on health goals.

For everybody in the world
Whatever the color of their skin
Whatever their religion may be
Whatever their situation may be
Good Health, Abundant Love, Renewal of Possibilities and....
Peace.
And may 2019 bring success and much joy in your Weight Loss Journey.

This is the year I will be stronger
I will be kinder
I will be unstoppable
This is the year I will face all my problems
This is the year I will be fierce.

And I wonder this far into 2019 if anyone is still following their resolutions? I do well for a while, really plan to keep up keeping up, but I guess I'm more human than I like to admit. Things seem to fall by the wayside!