Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m in the preop phase.. on nutritionist visit 3/6, scheduled to see food addiction counselor, cardiologists, pcp, and pulmonologist...I’m down to 50 carbs intake.. Only down 13lbs from end of August..I was feeling great.. food around me didn’t bother me.. but now I’m getting frustrated because It’s starting to bother me again... I’m even starting to second guess having the surgery..how much does lifestyle change? Should I just keep up with the Keto and lifestyle change and just try to do it on my own? Maybe I’m just having a bad day and needed to vent...

Keep up with fluids, you get rid of the endproducts from weight loss by washing them away. And maybe this is your own body#s way of doing things. Keep on keeping on, the victory is yours just out of sight!

So sorry you are struggling! I had similar feelings while I was doing all the pre-op “hoops”. I just kept plugging in and figured if I changed my mind any time up until my surgery I could always back out - but if I stopped the process then I wouldn’t even have a choice. My surgery was 8 days ago and so far so good! I’m glad I kept at it! Good luck!!

Sounds like a bad day. Every one of us has had a bad day. Or even a bad week. It sounds like you're focused on the "what" of weight loss. Try focusing on your "why" instead. Why are you considering weight loss? Consider writing a list & look at it at least daily. It'll do wonders to keep you on track! Good luck! You are not alone.

15 hours ago, ShannaH said:

I’m in the preop phase.. on nutritionist visit 3/6, scheduled to see food addiction counselor, cardiologists, pcp, and pulmonologist...I’m down to 50 carbs intake.. Only down 13lbs from end of August..I was feeling great.. food around me didn’t bother me.. but now I’m getting frustrated because It’s starting to bother me again... I’m even starting to second guess having the surgery..how much does lifestyle change? Should I just keep up with the Keto and lifestyle change and just try to do it on my own? Maybe I’m just having a bad day and needed to vent...

The changes can be pretty drastic... or at least they can seem that way. Work on getting upwards of 128oz of Water, it helps, it really does. Not just with hunger and cravings, but with fat loss, since fat is water soluble you want to give you body more water than it needs to do it's normal daily business and the extra is for the fat processing, it sounds hard, but it's really not once you start working up to it.

Second guessing is normal. Just keep reminding yourself of why you want the surgery. For me, I knew if I didn't do something, I'd end up dead sooner than later. And I'd kinda like to see my son's graduate college, get wives (or husbands of that's what they want) and maybe have kids (or adopt), I just knew I wasn't going to last going the way I was... dieting or not, it just wasn't going to be good in the long run.

Focus on your future, not your past.
Worry about the way forward, not the steps you tripped on already.
And just remember, the ONLY person you EVER need to answer to, is yourself, if at the end of the day, looking in the mirror, you are happy with the day... then no one else can tell you you were wrong.

I had the doubts as well when I realized the weight was coming off and the diet was not that bad. I knew I wouldn't have the will power to stick with it though. So many attempts in the pass and all failures with more weight gain in the end. My lifestyle hasn't changed one bit other than being more active and feeling so much better and I'm only 2 months out. I can't wait to see what the future will bring. Good luck to you.

We’ve all second guessed ourselves at some point; it’s normal. Keep pushing through, once you keep seeing the results, you will become more confident in your decision.

for me, I didn’t want to be one of those people whom regretted not going through with the surgery. Good luck!