Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Passed the Chic-fil-A test...it was tough

So my husband, who is as slim as they come, asked me nicely if I would mind if he did Chic-Fil-A for lunch while we were running errands. I didn’t want to be a drag so I told him sure. Now that is one of my favs. Their waffle fries and chic-fil-a sauce are AMAZING! So I sat and smiled and fought through all the feels while he and our toddlers ate fries and chicken nuggets and a grilled chicken sandwich while I sipped on my Water. It was probably the toughest moment so far Since the surgery. I have to say that I wasn’t that hungry so the hunger pains were minimal but I really wanted to just lick the salt off those fries. When the torture was over I felt like a new woman. I had conquered one of my previously fav fat girl places and I wasn’t angry. I was more like determined that I would never let food define me again. I thought “hey if I eat here in the future the grilled nuggets are an option”. I actually feel pretty darn good. Just thought I share.

That's something to celebrate! Great job!

That is truly something to Celebrate. I'm not sure I could have been so strong because I love their fries also. You should be very proud of yourself!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Tomkitten wants to go to Wendy's or Arby's. Told him Maybe soon. Would like to be cleared for Foods first.🍝

1 hour ago, Frustr8 said:

Tomkitten wants to go to Wendy's or Arby's. Told him Maybe soon. Would like to be cleared for Foods first.🍝

Once you are cleared... download the Wendy's app for your smart phone. Right now they are offering free 1/2 salad with any purchase.

Last week they offered free Dave's single with any purchase... add .50 cent frosty and you have a 0.53 cent meal. I gave my frosty to my mom and ate 1/4 of the meat. from sandwich. can't beat that deal.

Edited by MargoCL

If I go to chikfila I get the 4 pc grilled nuggets. 3 fill me up

First, good for you. But seriously....you aren't even 1 week post surgery and your husband "had" to take the kids and himself for fast food with you? Perhaps you could learn to say "no" next time he asks and start to show your family that their support is critical in this journey. Go home and fix a healthy snack or carry healthy snack options with you for the family. Sorry but I just found the post more shocking with you being 6 days out of surgery.

Oh I didn't realize only 6 days out. I stayed home when mine did that lol

1 hour ago, Cynisca said:

First, good for you. But seriously....you aren't even 1 week post surgery and your husband "had" to take the kids and himself for fast food with you? Perhaps you could learn to say "no" next time he asks and start to show your family that their support is critical in this journey. Go home and fix a healthy snack or carry healthy snack options with you for the family. Sorry but I just found the post more shocking with you being 6 days out of surgery.

That's perfect make the kids and dad starve because you all went out together and you can't eat what they can. Yeah the bring along healthy Snacks is a great idea but being 6 days out I'm sure no one was thinking of it. It's a new experience for everyone and they have to learn as things come up. If she didn't have an issue with it than it's a win for everyone. Sorry you got bitter at her experience and probably would have been angry if your significant other made the same suggestion.

@tmrtyty2018 Good for you for being strong willed in that situation and respecting the fact that your family does not have to abide by the same rules you do. It's going to be tough at times but that's what makes us strong when it comes to re-learning how to eat healthy and not making poor decisions about our food choices. I applaud you!!!!

A lot of people may disagree but I seem to be in the same boat as you, it amazes me at how many people's SOs on here are totally unsupportive of their partner's wls/decision to lead a healthier life. Makes me relieved that I live alone and reminds me what I do and do not want to look for in a future partner. I remember reading a bit ago that we share over 80 percent of our meals with our future partner so you better make sure you choose the right one who is on the same page as you. I've been in that boat before, having a partner that eats **** food/makes poor food choices while you're trying to be healthy is major strain on the relationship and probably a lot of people's downfall when it comes to weight loss.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

That's perfect make the kids and dad starve because you all went out together and you can't eat what they can. Yeah the bring along healthy Snacks is a great idea but being 6 days out I'm sure no one was thinking of it. It's a new experience for everyone and they have to learn as things come up. If she didn't have an issue with it than it's a win for everyone. Sorry you got bitter at her experience and probably would have been angry if your significant other made the same suggestion.
"Make the kids and dad starve" lol super dramatic
No one is going to starve waiting an hour to go home to eat healthy food

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

9 minutes ago, J San said:

It was a suggestion to carry healthy snacks....and unless she lives in the Sahara there is a grocery store on every corner and since everyone was STARVING they could run in and have some fun finding healthy snack options ..hopefully before they all passed out from serious starvation. Spousal support is huge and it's huge to find alternatives to break bad patterns and habits. And yes, I would be upset with my spouse if he did that, however, he's 100% supportive because WE get the journey and how hard this is and the lifestyle changes and decisions we need to make TOGETHER. And...personally.....you don't need to attack me and my post....if you don't like someone's opinion then kindly Piss Off.

2 hours ago, Cynisca said:

I agree with you. It wasn't the most supportive move.