Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!
Introducing the newest flavors of BariatricPal's Protein One! Read more... ×

Frustrated with stall

Had sleeve almost 2 months ago. Started at 300lbs down to 242lbs and cant get below how long do the stalls last? Getting frustrated

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Just for perspective, you're frustrated at ONLY losing 58lbs in two months? Perhaps setting realistic expectations is in order?

@Hungryman I know it can be frustrating but you are really doing good so congratulations...one of the posters posted his weight loss journey for 10-12 months and he lost slow but the big picture was he lost about 90 or so lbs in that time frame...his point was “Look at the big picture” when I think about it, really makes a lot of sense...I try and keep that thought in the back of my mind.

You’re doing awesome. Keep up the good work.

Just for perspective, you're frustrated at ONLY losing 58lbs in two months? Perhaps setting realistic expectations is in order?
Understandable just get frustrated eating right with a little exercise and stuck. Patience was never my strong point...lol

@Hungryman I know it can be frustrating but you are really doing good so congratulations...one of the posters posted his weight loss journey for 10-12 months and he lost slow but the big picture was he lost about 90 or so lbs in that time frame...his point was “Look at the big picture” when I think about it, really makes a lot of sense...I try and keep that thought in the back of my mind.

You’re doing awesome. Keep up the good work.
Thanks much appreciated

2 hours ago, Hungryman said:

Had sleeve almost 2 months ago. Started at 300lbs down to 242lbs and cant get below how long do the stalls last? Getting frustrated

Are you tracking your fat loss?
Are you following your diet plan?
Are you drinking upwards of 128oz of Water?
Do you know your BMR?
Are you eating less calories than your BMR?
Are you exercising?
Are you tracking your food at all?

Congrats on the weight loss, DO NOT lose sight of that!

I've had so many days where I've gained weight or didn't move at all, but lost fat %.

Are you tracking your fat loss?
Are you following your diet plan?
Are you drinking upwards of 128oz of Water?
Do you know your BMR?
Are you eating less calories than your BMR?
Are you exercising?
Are you tracking your food at all?

Congrats on the weight loss, DO NOT lose sight of that!

I've had so many days where I've gained weight or didn't move at all, but lost fat %.

I am drinking a lot of Water don't know if its 128oz
Shake in morning light Protein snack small lunch some grazing on peanuts
Golf and walking is my exercise not much other than that. No weights

How do you track fat loss

58 pounds is awesome! I agree the stalls are frustrating. Mine last 7-10 days and then pass. It is your body adjusting to the new weight

8 hours ago, Hungryman said:

I am drinking a lot of Water don't know if its 128oz
shake in morning light Protein snack small lunch some grazing on peanuts
Golf and walking is my exercise not much other than that. No weights

How do you track fat loss

It's important to track EVERYTHING if you are having questions about your progress, the only way to identify problem areas, is to have the data to locate those problem areas.
Peanuts are very high in fat and calories.

Tracking fat loss can be accomplished with any number of fat measuring devices, from the old school pinch calipers to an impedance measuring device.

While stalls are frustrating, they are out body's "time out" to adjust to the dramatic weight loss.

58 lbs in 2 months is a lot of weight in a rather short period of time. Give yourself and your body some credit!

Start tracking your measurements. It's likely that your body is what I call "redistributing".

My weight loss has been slow, but steady and on the weeks where I don't lose anything, I'm shrinking in size in other places. So, while you aren't seeing the scale change, look for other measurements of progress.

While stalls are frustrating, they are out body's "time out" to adjust to the dramatic weight loss.
58 lbs in 2 months is a lot of weight in a rather short period of time. Give yourself and your body some credit!
Start tracking your measurements. It's likely that your body is what I call "redistributing".
My weight loss has been slow, but steady and on the weeks where I don't lose anything, I'm shrinking in size in other places. So, while you aren't seeing the scale change, look for other measurements of progress.
Thanks will do

Hi Hungryman! So I am just going to answer your question. I just come out of my longest stall today. It was three weeks and I am five months out. All people are different, all stalls different (yadda, yadda)--but from personal experience stalls last a few weeks.

I’ve been stalled for quite some time. Up and down the same pound for what seems like forever BUT I’ve dropped a full size during that time! I’m also 11 pounds under my goal weight. Not sure I’m happy about it and I am trying to add calories, but at less than 5 months out, I can only eat so much. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lord, I lost 9lbs the 1st week(I spent 5 days in the hospital d/t hemorrhage/emergency surgery/blood transfusion), 6lbs the 2nd week. Started at 222lbs on the day of surgery, now still stuck at a 15lbs loss for the past 4 weeks. I keep hoping that my body is just holding onto everything until my blood gets built back up but it is frustrating! I thought I would be much further along now so 58lbs in 2 months sounds phenomenal to me! Keep up the good work and it will come!