Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weigt loss stall 2 weeks post op

Hi all! So I had the sleeve done recently. The first week I lost 20 lbs and was very happy. I just finished my second week and the scale has not moved at all. I am following the doctors orders, getting all my fluids and Protein. Granted I did very well the first week, it is a little discouraging. Anyone else experience this during their second week post op?

No worries mate, it happens to almost everyone and at various points in their journey.

If you hit the magnifying glass (search icon) on this site and type in "stalls" you'll see A LOT of posts about the same thing you are experiencing.

Welcome to the Club. *members only*

5 hours ago, Elizabeth C said:

Hi all! So I had the sleeve done recently. The first week I lost 20 lbs and was very happy. I just finished my second week and the scale has not moved at all. I am following the doctors orders, getting all my fluids and Protein. Granted I did very well the first week, it is a little discouraging. Anyone else experience this during their second week post op?

Normal. Expected. Going to happen over and over and over. Don't focus on the short term... focus on the long term. I posted a write about this showing my week, month, year and overall weight loss charts. It's easy to get upset and frustrated when we look too closely at this process. It's a long drawn out procedure. Just keep doing the right thing and everything will work out.

Edited by Matt Z

I am in the same situation & currently in a stall. It’s frustrating but I know it will pass. Even though the scale isn’t moving I can see a difference in the mirror & in how clothes fit. I am 1 month out, my surgery was 8/30. This upcoming week I plan to increase my exercising (but still taking it easy) in hopes it helps. I haven’t gotten clearance yet for unrestricted exercise yet so I have only been walking.

Why oh why am I losing in my wrists and forarms. One of my,plans was to look younger, not to develop "old lady arms" much more thinner and they are going to snap like twigs.💦👵

On 9/27/2018 at 6:56 AM, Elizabeth C said:

I am exactly the same! Sleeved 9/13 and haven't lost a pound in a week! First week and a half 16 pounds.. I can feel my clothes fit different thought.. but still.. its is hard to get on that scale and see no movement. But I know its impossible to not lose more weight as only taking in such small amounts of calories per day. I think our bodies are just going through a change of metabolism and it takes a while to get to the normal place we will be living in.