Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5k Run! 6 months post op!

I'm happy today! After about 14-15 weeks of training I finally clocked a 5k in 36 min 13 sec. My training interval was to be 35 minutes, but I stepped it up today, just making what seemed to be incrementally longer strides than last time, and I was real close to a 5k, so I just went extra minute.

I hate running too! But doing it to get fit for another activity/obstacle course (GoRuck.com). But now I might even do a Halloween Zombie run where people are to run/walk. 5k course with touch football flags and try to stay away from "zombies" on the course.

Sent from my XT1609 using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, wjgo said:

I'm happy today! After about 14-15 weeks of training I finally clocked a 5k in 36 min 13 sec. My training interval was to be 35 minutes, but I stepped it up today, just making what seemed to be incrementally longer strides than last time, and I was real close to a 5k, so I just went extra minute.

I hate running too! But doing it to get fit for another activity/obstacle course (GoRuck.com). But now I might even do a Halloween Zombie run where people are to run/walk. 5k course with touch football flags and try to stay away from "zombies" on the course.

Sent from my XT1609 using BariatricPal mobile app

Amazing

The Halloween Zombie run sounds like a lot of fun! Congrats on all your accomplishments! I'm hoping I can get back into running 5ks once I lose more weight.

Congrats that's super duper!!!!

Congrats - this will definitely be a post surgery goal for me too!

Congrats!!! Sounds like a lot of fun. This is something I hope to be able to participate in at some point. Just have to work out some other issues first, along with the weight loss. Good luck on the with the Zombie run.

On 9/21/2018 at 9:13 AM, shazz73 said:

Congrats - this will definitely be a post surgery goal for me too!

Keep walking. You need to be able to at least walk a 5K, then you work up from there. I found the 9 week plans aggressive. Whatever plan you use, feel free to adjust it.