Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 months post op before & after

Congrats on your weight loss. Congrats on hitting goal so quickly. Congrats on working the hell out of that waist trainer. Can dudes use them or is it a lady thing? I've never heard of them but after I post this I will be referring to Google. You look great and should be very proud. Love the ink as well. Post a closer pic if you can.

I heard waist trainers arent that healthy because they squeeze you so much your organs, after a long amount of time wearing them, start to shift.. maybe a myth but. Just be careful! [emoji6][emoji173]

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

way to go! feel proud

On 09/13/2018 at 20:09, J San said:

Congrats on your weight loss. Congrats on hitting goal so quickly. Congrats on working the hell out of that waist trainer. Can dudes use them or is it a lady thing? I've never heard of them but after I post this I will be referring to Google. You look great and should be very proud. Love the ink as well. Post a closer pic if you can.

You could totally use a waist binder! You can find them on Amazon.

I heard waist trainers arent that healthy because they squeeze you so much your organs, after a long amount of time wearing them, start to shift.. maybe a myth but. Just be careful!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah I heard the same & actually asked my surgeon. Off the record of course they said it was fine to use

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• WeGettingThere

Hey all! So I went in for my weight management class. I thought that would be my last one but I actually have to wait until the nutritionist clears me. She has to decide if I'm ready. I''m not mad at it. It looks like my surgery will be happening in the summertime. So instead of focusing on the surgery date, I'm putting my energy into losing weight and making sure all these appointments are taken care of. It feels like doing mini quests on a video game before trying to fight the BIG BOSS. I'm not ready for the BIG BOSS yet. haha. Feeling pretty good! 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Goody222  »  Dana me

Me too! I am following the plan. How about you?
      · 0 replies
    • Jobber

Finished my 6th and final NUT appointment yesterday.  Everything is done except the psych eval and submittal to insurance.  I did everything required of me including the 100 pages plus of food tracking, I lost 5% of my total weight, and I went to every NUT appointment.  
      Hoping for the best, things seem to be lining up well for me and in the end, I think I will be able to fully have my wife on board with this whole thing.  She says she is, but I know she doesn't think I should do it.  Just like I replied to another post earlier, i'm doing this either way, it's my decision at this point and I know I can get her to come around at some point and maybe even convince her to look into it as well.
      Also, I just started with an APAP machine a couple weeks ago and "holy sh*t" has my quality of life improved greatly so far.  I wish I had looked into this years ago.  I didn't think I had apnea until I had the study done and i stopped breathing an average of 12 times an hour.  That's nuts...
      · 0 replies
    • AshMarie794

1 year anniversary from the start of my journey. My very first apt with my surgeon. At my highest weight. And then now, post op 5 1/2 months. Life feels amazing and everything has changed. couldn't feel better! Down 100 lbs!!!! Seems crazy.....

· 3 replies
      1. Chrisb428

You look amazing, congrats!

2. AshMarie794

Thank you!

3. GradyCat

Way to go!

• Aeasterling

I'm 13 years out from having weight loss surgery. I would have to say it was the best choice I have ever made. I have been successful BUT now I'm feeling like I'm sliding back and getting comfortable with old eating habits. I absolutely do not want to ever go back to where I came from. I'm just needing support and some pointers to get me focused again. Any one have any thoughts or suggestions. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. 
      · 1 reply
      1. deneen

I’m new but I wish you luck in getting back on track. Maybe see a nutritionalist first.

• Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

1. Carbs After Bariatric Surgery?

Posted in: Food & Nutrition
      Lisa Kaouk, RD & Monica Bashaw, RD
    2. New Year’s Resolutions

Posted in: Support
      Alex Brecher
    3. Go With Your Gut!

Posted in: Mental Health
      Louisa Latela, LCSW, LCADC
  • Together, we have lost...