Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey friends -

In less than twelve hours, I undergo my gastric sleeve procedure. This forum has been more helpful than words can explain. Please feel free to read and share my story if you need some motivation: https://medium.com/@MJTessler/the-fat-kid-e9b69cd17e41

34 minutes ago, NewYorkStateofMind said:

Hey friends -

In less than twelve hours, I undergo my gastric sleeve procedure. This forum has been more helpful than words can explain. Please feel free to read and share my story if you need some motivation: https://medium.com/@MJTessler/the-fat-kid-e9b69cd17e41

Good luck!

All the best!

And you have an unknown to you Bariatric Christian God-Aunt in Ohio. One I was blessed with was: Fatty fatty 2by4, no I never made to the 400 someone some on accussed me of being, 355 was enough. You had your baby niece and Uncle moment, I was passing a glass storefront, wearing a skirt I had sewn by hand, oh I thought it was cute, really proud of the cut, the fabric it was made from, dare I say I thought it made me look "cute " and I saw an,aging woman with legs like tree trunks, in a skirt the same color as mine. OMG it's me! In my mind I was just 198 pounds, a big girl but shapely. No I had the shape and size of a very,large Salami. Took myself to my PCP, told him my diet wasn't doing well, could be prescribe me an appetite reducing diet,pill short term. He wrote me script for phenteramine, stopped at the pharmacy. bought myself a notebook so I could record what I was eating, cit my diet back to 1100 calories, cut out carbs,breads, soft drinks, indeed anything sweetened . Journaled everything faithfully,for a month and GAINED 30 pounds. So I started with the Bariatric program he recommended. Went through that program twice(and that also,IS,A STORY) in February,2018 the surgeon decided that,he and his 2 partners, Having raped my insurances to the inth degree, no longer desired to,perform my surgery. So I switched to another program, much nicer people, much better facility where I will receive the RnY surgery I so ernestly desire on September 5th. And you say you were" FatBoy" well I beat you there I was" Fat Baby". I was born back in the day when fat babies were the only healthy babies. And my Mama ,may she rest in peace, faithfully followed her doctors advice. She nursed me, then fed me an 8oz bottle of Carnation milk formula. And I grew and grew, chubby cheeks, pudgy,thighs, I had them all. At the age of 1,I was 35 In tall, 36 pounds, the size of the average 2 1/2 year old. I had fat cells before they even k,ow what to call them. Not a fine legacy, but,i am on my way to disprove to all the naysayers that 72 year,old person can do,this too. And I shall for I am not ready to die, I may have entered life fat but I no longer will be that way and I will be healthier for the remainder of my life. Thank for your inspiration and may you be blessed, now and all of your days.

Best of luck to you today. Hope you have a speedy, pain free recovery.

Great read by the way!!!!!!!!

Edited by J San

Thinking,of you and wishing you only good results today!😷💓😛

Good luck excited for you!! Hope you have a easy and speedy recovery. Remember to sip and sip some Water that really does help.