Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Loving the SUPPORT from my Husband!!

I had surgery June 6, 2018 and I was extremely miserable the first two days. But my husband took off work and made sure I got up to walk even if only for 2-3 minutes per hour. He bought any and every Fluid that I thought may stay down. He never complained, nor made me feel like I was over exaggerating the pain.
Yesterday we actually went on (two) 20-30 minute walks and I was able to keep all liquids down. He has been encouraging me and very good with our son. I see so many post about partners not being on board. That’s so awful and I wish they would just support the journey. I don’t know how I would’ve made through this without my husband.

Team Work makes the Dream Work 💪🏾

My hubby has been amazing, too. My young adult daughter and bestie have been incredible cheer leaders as well. Even my Mom...who was scared to death about the surgery and tried to talk me out of it....is 100% supportive now and has been expressing that she wishes my other heavy sibling would consider the surgery. (she would like to see the same improvement to his health concerns that I've experienced)

But yeah...wow...getting through this process without support would be brutal. I feel for everyone who is going it alone. So hard!

Wishing everyone the love and support they deserve.

On 06/10/2018 at 09:25, Creekimp13 said:

My hubby has been amazing, too. My young adult daughter and bestie have been incredible cheer leaders as well. Even my Mom...who was scared to death about the surgery and tried to talk me out of it....is 100% supportive now and has been expressing that she wishes my other heavy sibling would consider the surgery. (she would like to see the same improvement to his health concerns that I've experienced)

But yeah...wow...getting through this process without support would be brutal. I feel for everyone who is going it alone. So hard!

Wishing everyone the love and support they deserve.

That’s awesome!!! And I agree I’m wishing everyone has a great support system!!!

My support system, other than all my Bariatric Pals, is my son who I call on here Tomkitten, if you pull up my profile or happened to check after awarding someone's posting to see if you got credit, will see my original Bariatric Pen Name because I started out using my email address.
His father who I call on here the Somewhat Lamented for reasons not easily condensed into a few paragraphs, if you want more of my story pull up "Surgery it's the easy way" and read my story, you are invited.
ButTomkitten even on my blue days, and I've had more than a few in the al.post 3 years of seeking this, He says I can do it, He is proud of me for trying and wants to be there for me through thick and into thinner. And he was my third child,the baby everybody said I didn't need because I already had a daughter and a son. My beautiful first born, a daughter, transmogrifyed into Rotten Daughter, the most conceited person drawing breath. She makes Donald Trump seen "bush league" by comparison, Oh I could quote chapter and verse but do we have the time?
Child #2 who is now an angel, died at 31 from an congenital cardiovascular defect never diagnosed. He walked into our ER in our small small city and 17 hours later was dead. And the stupid attending who was reputed to be an university professor level cardiologist walked into waiting room and announced "He's Dead and I don't know what killed him!" WTF don't you even have an educated guess?
And it gets curiouser and curiouser. The next morning, son had died at 4:25pm Friday afternoon, we received in the AM mail a letter with a local postmark, now 99.99% of our mail goes to Columbus , our state capital 48 miles SW. The only way,you can receive a local postmark is to deliver it inside at the post office, the rest gets bagged and sent on its way. This letter, written on high priced quality stationary,among my ,other jobs while young , I worked on an upper-level stationary store, this was not bulk produced Wal-Mart or Target paper. This was possibly Eat one. It of course had no signature,it was not easy to tell if this had been a male or female writing it, today I also dabbled in graphology. Generic public/private schooling. It spelled out in concise prestigous medical terminology what the autopsy findings would be. Now I do not have a medical degree, I have none the less dabbled in the edges of medicine and can tell the difference between a spade and a shovel if you follow my line of reasoning. When Dr DimBulb announced in front of a room full of people, yes no compassion as well as no tact, that he had no clue why,my son died we, my late husband and I ,insisted on an autopsy. The letter also stated if my son had been,life flighted to one of the 2 Level 1 trauma hospitals up to 15 minutes before his death surgery could have been performed and my previous wonderful son could have been saved. A recommendation was given as to a lawyer in Cleveland who had successfully sued and won against this glorified Band Aid Station that called itself a hospital here.
And we filed suit, fought the battle until very shortly before the statue of limitations expired in my state of Ohio. Because my baby boy had the audacity to die at 17 instead of 18 hours of being entrusted to them, although what they did was very very wrong not doing all that could be done, it was within a golden 18 hour window, we could not hold their feet to the fire until you could hear their flesh sizzling , it went down as" natural cause". like we knew his anatomical problem and didn't care. And now my eldest son, literally my best friend, has been dead for 10 years and Dr DimBulb is blissfully still practicing medicine with great impunity.
Years later my PCP attempted to book me with Dr DimBulb for a cardiac catherization. No, I acreamed, Never! I will lie upon the helicopter padn scream so loudly that not only the Columbus Dispatch(48 miles away) but also the Cleveland Plain Dealer (113 miles away) will both be running my story on both front pages before I would allow Dr DimBulb to lay even one fingernail on me. I don't care if you are good friends, I don't even care if you have eaten dinner at his house. He NEVER WILL TOUCH ME OF MINE AGAIN, he by his inaction killed one of,my family members he will NEVER do it again. I am not a violent person but I could pick up a🔫 and plug him between the 👀with little if any remorse. An aunt, back when I was a baby Frustr8 said "you should never say you hate someone for that means you wish them dead!" Yep Aunt Martha ---I think that about covers it!

Spelling correction Eaton a higher-end stationary firm.Like the Tiffany or Rodeo Drive level of paper.😎

Frustr8,

I can't even begin to imagine losing a child, especially the way it all went down when you lost your angel. You have your Tomkitten and you have a great group of supporters here! I felt like you were in my corner from the start and I'm sticking with you through your journey.

Danke Leibling you're Aces in my book too. Looking forward to success and a BEAUTIFUL future. Like a Phoenix I will rise from the ashes and Fly Baby Fly. IF not Me, Who? If not Now, when? Out of years comes great joy. I would like to have that put on front of my weight loss sleep shirt, on the back I would like my stats--❤ Ohio State University-Wexner Medical Center-JULY 2018-RnY, the worst they can think "She's Weird!" well I have had that assessment from people who instead should have loved me!
And so I keep trying to smile, it takes fewer muscles than a frown and I've cried enough years they call my fears drowned. 💦😜💦

I’m just going to brag a bit. My wife had been an angel. And I’m kind of a pain in the butt as a patient.

As relieved as I was to wake up post op to her I was even more reassured as I waited to be wheeled into Surgery that she’d be there afterwards.

A good partner makes such a difference. Cheers to those that support us!

Aw, so glad he has been there for you! I always feel so bad when folks post about rotten spouses. This is hard enough as it is with someone in your corner.

I was blessed with a supportive spouse too. He has been unbelievable, not only with me but with our two young kids. He is even trying new foods with me which he would have never touched before like zucchini noodles and riced cauliflower. I could have never done this without him. :778_heartbeat::778_heartbeat:

And while we are confessing a little, I get saddened. Why, you might ask? Because when I read your surgery journal, I am sad and envious. I read how kind and supportive your spouses are , I ask prayerfully Why couldn't mine have been like that? As a human, there were facets of him that one can admire, but why did he hate me so badly that he couldn't boost me there. I tried many plans and diets to lose weight and he ridiculed every attempt, told me I was a screw-up, I would not have success in this or any other life bettterment. So it is wonderful that you have received pride in your weight surgery, sustainment of the relationship, assistance with child cares But why could a person who claimed to live me treat me in an opposite manner. Is the flaws in me, the reason why
I didn't receive better at his hands? I will always wonder,and never find an answer to this question.😪