Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks and 3 days post op and have only lost 10 lbs

I'm 4 weeks and 2 days post op and have lost 16 pounds since the surgery.

Everyone’s body is different & heals differently. We are technically still healing at 6 weeks out. Try not to worry too much, some people lose slower than others and that is ok.

Maybe increase distance if your walks and try to drink more Water and make sure you’re reaching your Protein goals

4 hours ago, apositivelife4me said:

Should I have lost more weight by now? What have others lost at this stage post op?

Try your very best not to compare and get yourself down. This is a very personal journey and while we are all going the same direction we are not all on the same path.

Your age - older is just harder

how long you have been overweight - last few years vs. whole adult life

other medical issues and the meds you may take for them - damage to your metabolic system. Long term damage here can take months to fully recover from

since everyone will answer these and other questions a little different each will respond to the Sleeve a little different but all will get there if you follow the plan and learn the new habits that will carry you in the second year and beyond.

I was sleeved on the 8th and haven’t lost any weight in 2 weeks, so I definitely understand your pain. I’m teetering on the edge of absolute panic and just trying to trust that it’s part of the process. Ugh this sucks.

Everyone is different. Are you still feeling a lot of swelling? Right now you are healing and your body is reacting to surgery. Concentrate on your Water and Protein. The loss will continue to come!

I am also exactly 3 weeks and 3 days. Be careful with the scale, it is crazy and not your friend. 😉

I initially lost some, then gained and lost the same 2 pounds for a week then suddenly lost 5 pounds. All of this change is fluids, transitioning to solids, and my body healing.

Don't stress too much. This is different for everyone. If you follow the plan, you will lose.

Call your nutritionist if you are concerned. Maybe they can help you make adjustments if needed.

I'm with you. I just do my most not to take the scale too seriously right now

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

It's been a little over 2 weeks for me and I've only lost about 10 pounds and I was a little worried as well but it's comforting to see other replies that it's sometimes just a slow process. Good luck!!!

I’m trying to stay away from the scale for this reason. I’d lost 14 pounds at my 2 week post op visit, then the next week the scale said I’d either not lost or have gained half a pound! Honestly, the idea that I could be going through all of this not to lose weight is tortuous. So I am only weighing myself at the doctors office.

This is exactly why I advise getting a scale that tracks body fat %. You are missing a MAJOR metric, weight is only 1 number, adding body fat measurements helps track your losses better. I've been stuck at the same weight for over a week now, but my body fat % keeps dropping, so I know I'm doing ok, if I didn't have the body fat %, I'd be losing my mind, in the gym daily, hitting my Water and Protein metrics, but not "losing weight".

Do not worry about how long it takes, if you are doing what you are supposed to be doing, that's all that matters.

We're in the same boat. I feel like I look exactly the same as I did the day of surgery. People look at me and wonder If Ive even had it. So far i've lost only 13 lbs and its not moving at all and its almost 4 weeks post op now. Also, I found out our stomaches are still swollen inside and actually take 4-6 weeks to completely heal, so If im still stalling by the 6th week then Ill chat with my surgeon.

You've lost on average 3.3lbs per week. This is pretty good. If you continue to loose 3 lbs you will have lost 79.2lbs in 6 months. 158.2 lbs in a year. I wouldn't concentrate on how quickly you loose, rather that you follow the program. This is meant to take 12-18 months.

I’m almost two weeks out and have lost 18 pounds as of today. I have stalled the last few days, but I can’t complain!

On 6/2/2018 at 3:15 PM, allwet said:

Try your very best not to compare and get yourself down. This is a very personal journey and while we are all going the same direction we are not all on the same path.

Your age - older is just harder

how long you have been overweight - last few years vs. whole adult life

other medical issues and the meds you may take for them - damage to your metabolic system. Long term damage here can take months to fully recover from

since everyone will answer these and other questions a little different each will respond to the Sleeve a little different but all will get there if you follow the plan and learn the new habits that will carry you in the second year and beyond.

^^ all of this, I am learning. Its not a sprint but a marathon, incluing maintenance. So its not 6 months but 6 years you gotta be looking at.