Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is the highest weight you would be happy at if you could easily maintain it given that you were successful initially but rebounded and regained it becomes a constant struggle to lose again?

I have been thinking about this a lot and this is not to prompt a debate on success or failure but really acceptance of a possible outcome.

I have not honestly given much thought to lowest weight yet so I need to do some soul searching on that end ...

I think my current weight would make me very happy if I could sustain it for life.

Anyone else?

• Like 1

My ultimate goal is to get down to 140, that is still about 80 pounds away. But if I could get down to about 160, I think I would be ok - I'm really not sure though. Honestly, I haven't been this happy in a long time even know. I can run again and exercise without feeling like I want to die. Excercise has become fun again for me, which I love. I keep up with my kids much better!

• Like 5

I am the same height as you and I think given my age I would be content around 175-180. Maybe I'll change my mind as I continue (hopefully) to lose weight. I just don't want my weight to start with a 2 and I don't want my clothing sizes to have an x in them.

• Like 6

Range 140-145lbs (5'4") = Highest acceptable for me, personally.

image.png.f856d9003bb42d6bd88edd29faaa4b7b.png

• Like 3

I was told for my height and age that 165 lbs would be a good weight to stick to. But, honestly, if I gain again, I'd be okay with anywhere between 165-200, so long as I don't go over.

• Like 2

I was told for my height and age that 165 lbs would be a good weight to stick to. But, honestly, if I gain again, I'd be okay with anywhere between 165-200, so long as I don't go over.

I totally agree

I never want to see over 200 again

HW 270 SW 238 CW 176 VSG 11/7

• Like 1

Range 140-145lbs (5'4") = Highest acceptable for me, personally.
image.png.f856d9003bb42d6bd88edd29faaa4b7b.png

GET IT GIRL

My ultimate goal is to get down to 140, that is still about 80 pounds away. But if I could get down to about 160, I think I would be ok - I'm really not sure though. Honestly, I haven't been this happy in a long time even know. I can run again and exercise without feeling like I want to die. Excercise has become fun again for me, which I love. I keep up with my kids much better!

I'm glad you are happy, that is really important. I too have become friends with exercise lol

• Like 1

The lowest I've ever weighed as an adult was around 260. If I could weigh around 200 consistently, I think I'd be happy. Of course, I'd love to get and maintain at my goal weight, but as long as my weight isn't a hindrance, like it is now, I think I'd be happy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tealael said:

I totally agree

I never want to see over 200 again

I don't either! Wishing us all luck on that front, it's a hard journey, that's for sure!

• Like 3

I am 5’5 and my goal weight is 140. I am sure my body has changed since the last time I weighed that amount. It isn’t so much the number as it is my mobility and ability to exercises without hurting myself. Getting in and out of my car is embarrassing now. Also I found out my heavy breathing from not much effort is from the hiatal hernia and they are fixing that when I have my surgery. Looking good in jeans would be nice too though...

• Like 4

I'd be happy at 140. I've gotten pass my goal I'd be happy if stayed the weight I am now and not even gain at all but... Guess I'll see.

Hw-273
Sw-226
CW-124
GW-130
Size- 2, Small in sweats. Small in shirts. depends on how it's cut or made.
Bra Size- 34C

Surgery Date- April 26th, 2017
RNY
"Only those who try will become" FFX

• Like 2

I'm just shy of 5'9" and had once gotten myself down to 205 and was thrilled with that. I weighed about 180 in high school, so I'm shooting for somewhere in between. If I could get down to 180 and stay there, that would be great, but if that isn't in the cards I'd be ok with a few more pounds.

• Like 3

I am 5'5" (okay 5'4" and 3/4th lol), I am longing for 140, but will settle for anything that improves my health long term!

• Like 2

When I was getting prepared for my surgery I wanted to be small just because all my friends were but if I were anywhere between 140-160 I think I’d be content because at my heaviest I was 298 and I feel if I hit that 300 mark I would have a nervous break down. I’m at 210 now and I’m hoping to get through this stall and lose more. Goodluck!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• AshAsh1

Just wanted to give an update. I've been really busy lately with work and my husband had recent surgery. I was off work last week and taking care of him, amongst a nice visit from my mom.
      I'm getting super close to Onderland! I keep teetering around 201-203lbs. Its been this way for the last two weeks.
      I went shopping this past weekend for fall/winter clothes. I am officially no longer a plus size woman. I wear dresses every day, so it's crazy to say, but I hadn't bought any pants since I was a size 20. I only replaced my pants once from a 26ish to a 20 and then I just bought size 12/14 jeans this weekend  And I'm wearing a large in tops (previously a 4X) . It was such a surreal experience going in and being able to shop in this HUGE section of the store. Although, I'm learning, no matter what your size, clothes are still hard to shop for. I thought size would open all these wondrous opportunities, not so much LOL.
      Basically, I'm keeping busy and keeping my mind healthy. A part of that is I'm not hyper focused on the scale. I get more comfort from the NSV anyways.
       I hope to be online more this week  
      · 13 replies
      1. Missouri-Lee's Summit

I've noticed your absence, and you've been missed. You were here for me when I first joined this forum, so I'm a bit attached to you as well as grateful for your kind support early on.

I enjoyed hearing about your shopping experiences. I can relate to the plus-size woes. I'm not anywhere near being out of 3x-4x, but I'm living vicariously through you and your size 12/14 shopping for now! I wear dresses exclusively because I've always enjoyed their comfort, variety of style, and the way they make me feel (like a woman!). I can't remember the last time I wore pants of any kind. It might be nice to wear jeans again someday.:)

2. AshAsh1

@KimTriesRNY Its such a good feeling, congrats to you as well!

@Missouri-Lee's Summit I know, I've been so occupied lately, I like to be active on here, but sometimes time just gets away from me. I very much appreciate your kind words! Dresses are the best :) I will probably still wear a lot of them with tights, going into the winter. But it feels awesome to look good in jeans again. You will be there before you know it! I hit the 3 month mark and my body started changing at a rapid rate. I had lost a lot of weight in the first 3 months, but my body didn't seem to reflect it until then.

3. macadamia

I'm glad everything is going well on your end. Family first, always and of course, but we do miss your presence here. Congrats on your clothes shopping! I recommend to not go overboard, since you are still losing and will probably be much smaller by the time it gets really cold.

Way to go!

4. AshAsh1

@macadamia thank you :) I am being careful not to buy too much, but my weight loss has slowed substantially. I'm not losing 10lbs-15lbs a month like I previously was. I'm lucky to get off 5lbs a month now. Not to say that I wouldn't lose a size after a couple months, but it's not as rapid. Plus I buy all my clothes from Marshalls and TJMaxx (who's return policy is practically forever), so if they don't fit when it gets time to wear them... then I'll return them for store credit to buy new stuff.

5. macadamia

Always thinking ahead - awesome!

6. View All Replies
    • SleeveinIL

Stall is finally broken and I am losing again. Stalls suck but I understand them much better now. I am still feeling great and have kicked my workouts up a notch. I went to an arm/abs class that turned out to be all men and "me".  The dudes walked in with their 30 lb hand weights and I have my little 7.5/10 lbs and I was thinking to myself...what did I get myself into, and am I going to embarrass myself?  Well I decided to stick it out and although I couldn't do everything the dudes were doing, I did a pretty darn good job of keeping up and I am proud of myself for being able to stick with it. I decided I am going back again tomorrow and I am going to kill it again. I belong there too! 
      · 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

Good for you! I'm still on 3lb weights :( But, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. I'm glad you're feeling so well and able to work out so much! I'm sure that's really taking the inches off!

• Kaseyn2boys

The whole time I kept having a nightmare I wouldn't lose weight after all this. How horrifying to have it come true. I had surgery on the 8th. I haven't lost anything since. i drink my water, my protein shakes, I walk, but nothing. How could this be happening. Am I just doomed to be overweight forever? I am beyond devastated. Maybe something changes in the next couple months, but I am no longer hopeful.
      · 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

Calm down. You're still very swollen. Many doctors advise against weighing the first month because it can be very disheartening. Everyone heals at different rates. Just keep with your plan and you'll be ok. I promise, the scale will move soon - and BIG! It can take a full month for all the abdominal swelling to go down.

• Judy17  »  kkinner

I get my sleeve Wednesday and I’m so excited 😆 
      · 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

Good luck! Hope all goes smoothly!

• Judy17  »  kkinner

I’m getting used to this site and how to
      work it!😜
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles