Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone!

I'm new here and have a few questions...I had my surgery on April 24th and was immediately down 5 kilos. I was happy, but now that number seems low compared to what I'm seeing here. I had my surgery in Thailand and was given chicken 3 days out. I was (am) healing really well, got up and moving the day after surgery, and started back to work on the 2nd of May (on my feet all day, but no heavy lifting). This is all background info. to better understand my questions...my surgeon was fabulous, but the medical staff here recommended a PURE Protein diet, and I just don't see that working for me long term. Is it the best way to lose weight after the operation (once solid foods have been introduced)? I haven't seen much weight loss since that initial 5 kilos and I'm kinda heart broken, especially since I swim almost every day 1-2 hours (very slowly). Do you all eat only 3 meals a day, or do you do numerous little meals? Also, for any older women out there...my metabolism slowed a lot after menopause, is the operation helping? Thanks for your time.

Your diet has to prioritize Protein to ensure you do not break down muscle mass.

Carbs will raise blood sugar and that will raise insulin and as long as you have elevated insulin you will not burn stored body fat.

so hydrate

eat protein - fats - complex carbs

no added sugars - no simple carbs

calorie counts at this early stage will not matter if you are following the above.

What Allwet said .

I’m eating 4-5 small meals.... Protein centered. Meals are about 4 ounces- 3 ounces of protein with another ounce of veggies Snacks are sugar free , yogurt or cheese

Have you talked to your dietician/ nutritionist?

43 minutes ago, BostonWLKC said:

Dlturn do you live in Thailand or was your surgery Medical Tourism? If medical tourism are you able to link up with a WLS dietician or nutritionist in your home country?

Edited by 2shea
incorrect quote selection :)

I actually live in Thailand.