Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am 10 weeks post-op and feel like I’m not losing like I should! I know everyone’s journey is different, but I feel like I’ve hit a wall and stopped losing.

Month one was great! Month two...not bad. So far this month I keep losing and gaining the same 2 pounds! I do have PCOS, could the be contributing to the slower weight loss? I know if I don’t get all my Protein in that could cause me to lose lean muscle, but can it cause the scale not to move?

Am I eating all the wrong things? Am I eating too much? It seems as though once I was able to eat solids and started to go to the gym my weight loss has slowed. Has that happened to anyone?

I know I shouldn’t be focusing on the scale but it’s very frustrating when it doesn’t move. I do take my measurements so I can see if there is a loss there. I just thought I should be farther a long. Should I just toss my scale?

Im worried the surgery isn’t working right!! HELP!

Thanks for letting me vent!!

You've already lost 66 lbs so even if you never lose another pound that's a huge victory. That said its hard for people to answer questions without specifics. What are you eating? How much are you eating? Are you exercising?

Are you tracking your food, Protein, and liquids? If you have not, you might want to start that again. This will help you answer your questions.

1 hour ago, aNYCdb said:

You've already lost 66 lbs so even if you never lose another pound that's a huge victory. That said its hard for people to answer questions without specifics. What are you eating? How much are you eating? Are you exercising?

I eat around 600 calories a day. I do exercise, I go to the gym twice a week and also walk. I try to keep my carbs below 50g a day. I do eat reduced fat potato chips, not every day and when I do my carbs are still under the 50g. That is honestly the only thing I can think of that I eat that is “bad” for you. I stay away from sweets and sugary drinks. Maybe I just need to make an appointment with the nurse...idk.

1 hour ago, Mattymatt said:

Are you tracking your food, Protein, and liquids? If you have not, you might want to start that again. This will help you answer your questions.

I do track everything. I use an app on my phone.

30 minutes ago, NervouslyExcited said:

I eat around 600 calories a day. I do exercise, I go to the gym twice a week and also walk. I try to keep my carbs below 50g a day. I do eat reduced fat potato chips, not every day and when I do my carbs are still under the 50g. That is honestly the only thing I can think of that I eat that is “bad” for you. I stay away from sweets and sugary drinks. Maybe I just need to make an appointment with the nurse...idk.

You sound like you are doing the right things so I wouldn't worry if the scale doesn't reward you all the time give it some time and I'm sure you will break through your plateau.

Are you still excited by what you are doing, if not mix things up. Try new recipes, add some more Fiber to your diet.

I would suggest mixing things up a bit if you've settled into a rut at the gym. I don't know what you do now, but I would think if you are just casually doing cardio perhaps work in some more strength training or do some other physical activity that you haven't tried before.

Edited by aNYCdb

I hit many stalls during the first year. Just keep pushing through it and you will be fine. Keep following the rules, don’t drink Water with your food, etc..

congrats on your weghtloss so far!

I came to ask this very same question. So far I’ve been losing weekly - but i’m still ALWAYS hungry. If I eat and get full quickly, it’s only to be followed by hunger 1 hour later. And my surgery was 1/22. Not too long ago. I feel like it’s not working. I’m getting very frustrated only 7 weeks in.

I'm 1 year post post-op. I had always had a huge appetite. It is more like a normal persons now, post-op, except for chicken BREASTS! They stuff me beyond reason.[emoji215] Hope that helps.

Be patient. Don't despair. Stay on your program. Be consistent. Do your food journal. Be patient. All is well.

On 3/14/2018 at 9:40 PM, CharmedPam said:

I came to ask this very same question. So far I’ve been losing weekly - but i’m still ALWAYS hungry. If I eat and get full quickly, it’s only to be followed by hunger 1 hour later. And my surgery was 1/22. Not too long ago. I feel like it’s not working. I’m getting very frustrated only 7 weeks in.

I am the same way!! I’m thinking maybe I’m eating too fast and not chewing my food well enough??