Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m two days post op

I have a lot of incision pain. Some gas. Have been walking indoors because i Love 3 floor walk up. I feel very tired. How long did it take everyone to feel Normal? Help! Panicking a little!

I'm 8 days and felt "normal" at around Day 4. But I'm not going up and down stairs and I also stop and rest when I feel I need to. I drink liquids, take vits and meds, sip Protein Drinks, walk 10 minutes every 2 hours, work 2 hours a day. and nap plenty!! And I feel really great with no need for pain pills.

Took me almost two weeks to feel completely normal. The incision pain is totally normal at this stage. Have they talked to you about “splinting” your belly when you get up or have to move? Holding a pillow firmly across your belly helps to support the muscles and incisions when having to get out of bed or get up (which is painful). Beyond that - utilize the pain meds they gave you and let your body REST! Walking is great and you should do it but also make sure to sleep! Best way to heal, IMHO. You’re doing great!

Yeah start waling as much as possible. I was doing 2-3 miles within 4 days of surgery and it really helped get me back on my feet. I felt like an overinflated baloon before i started walking a lot.

Thanks for all the feedback! Today is day 3. I am starting Protein and Vitamins. I am walking and up and about more today. It’s my first day home alone, my husband went back to work today. Hoping it goes well

day 4 and I felt good. one week out and I felt wonderful- if I did not have incisions I'd never know I had procedure. for the last few days I've felt sluggish one day then full of energy the next. Congrats! Sounds like you are doing great!

I got sleeved 2/26, I too have right midsection pain, and I haven’t pooped in since Monday, sounds like your coming along as mostly expected. Definitely walk when you get a chance, it helps. Have you had any problems pooping?

Yeah I haven’t pooped. Starting milk of magnesium today. Yesterday I was able to do two shakes. What I learned is that you have to take tiny sips and walk and kind of drink it throughout the day. Don’t forget Water I serve 12oz cup of water and make that my goal for the day

I am on day 4 .. how does everyone drink? Is everyone doing one ounce at a time and how about the broth I feel I can get a lot of spoons in but scared to do so

I am on day 4 .. how does everyone drink? Is everyone doing one ounce at a time and how about the broth I feel I can get a lot of spoons in but scared to do so

I was actually concerned about this as well! I could (and can) drink a fair amount more than they say you’ll be able to. I talked to the doc about this thinking that I had stretched my pouch or something and they told me some people will always have to sip, and others will be able to take larger, normal sized drinks or even gulp. The thing with doing that in the beginning is you wanna go a little slower with the intake because you don’t wanna overdo it at first, until you know exactly what your stomach can handle. So I’d recommend spending some time being careful and getting to know what is comfortable for you in terms of drinking, but once that is established - drink freely! I DEF cannot drink normal sized drinks when I’ve eaten. (Plus we aren’t supposed to - but I’ve made the mindless mistake a few tones. Def paid for it in belching and an uncomfortable feeling though.) You’re doing great!

Hi all, I had the surgery 2/26, and finally pooped on Saturday, what a relief ... bloating and gas has decreased. A little swelling around the midsection and mild pain is lesser. I’m still on my clear:full diet, I sip all day long, although today was a bit challenging to do so.. I did try unconsciously to sip on broth and beverage at the same sit down.. immediately I felt a pain.. at the stages of knowing right now, good luck and congratulations on the decision 👍🏽

i haven’t pooped yet! Did you take anything? I took milk of magnesium but hadn’t helped. I’m going to call doctor today. I can drink fine. Even broth I can drink a good amount maybe 4 oz in a sitting. I really can’t get comfortable at night!!! Anyone else?

I can’t get comfortable at night at all.. I had my surgery on the 27 of February am still in clear liquids.. I pooped yesterday for the first time n I took a Stool softener.. and it helped

I was sleeved on 2/28 and today is the first day I’m not in much pain. Slow going with Water intake. Takes me all day. And Protein isn’t tolerable yet. I’m trying. Sounds like everyone handles it differently and we each just need to listen to our bodies and our doctors. Good luck all!!