Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUST GOT MY SURGERY DATE 1/30/18 looking for surgery buddies

Finally!!!! I’m excited and nervous... not new to surgeries as I’m in late 50’s but now my new chapter! Been working towards this day since last July, paid the first 4 months out of pocket as I had an insurance at that time that I would no way have the surgery with (Kaiser) and feel extremely confident in the dr I do have.. his bariatric team is awesome! They now feel like family at this point. Hard part is I don’t have any family near me (I live in Hawai‘i) so a bit sad in that.... but the team is awesome and I know I can contact them anytime. It would be great to have a surgery buddy here.... I’m having the bypass... 😊 🎉🎉

I'm getting bypass a day after you, except I am having it done with Kaiser in Northern California!

Congratulations!!! I guess in all fairness I should explain why I didn’t want to go through with kaiser here in Hawai‘i.... they had lost their license and just recently got it back... this is scary enough with out that worry on my mind.. I know you will do great! We will have to keep in touch!

My surgery day is 31

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah!!!!! What kind and how long have you been waiting?

Got the call just a couple of days ago. January 30. Seems like it's taken forever, then blam! Right around the corner!

48 minutes ago, Tess530 said:

Got the call just a couple of days ago. January 30. Seems like it's taken forever, then blam! Right around the corner!

I completely agree with you. Been forever it seems to get to this point but got the call Friday for the 30th... now making my list of things to get done before the surgery (ya, I’m a note person lol). I’m excited, a little nervous, wishing it was already 6 months behind me... lol .

how are you feeling?

Would love to be buddies. My surgery was originally 12/18 and then I got pretty sick with a kidney infection. So I am better now an rescheduled for 2/9.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi Krista,

that would be awesome! I’m pretty new on the site, still trying to figure it out. I “tweaked” my back last Saturday and been on ice and pain med to get it better so they won’t have to reschedule my surgery. Where are you and which surgery are you having?

Hi Krista,
that would be awesome! I’m pretty new on the site, still trying to figure it out. I “tweaked” my back last Saturday and been on ice and pain med to get it better so they won’t have to reschedule my surgery. Where are you and which surgery are you having?

I am having the vsg a.k.a. the sleeve.i hope your back is getting better my spouse did the same thing weds. Laying her with them on muscle relaxer and snoring like crazy lo

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you, yes getting better but felt so much better Friday I over did it at work lol. I had a physical therapist injure my back last March. I was hoping to start doing some exercises to strengthen it but now just hoping it gets better before next week. I don’t do the relaxers well.. I also have 7 herniated disks in my lower back (lifting too heavy of things over the years) but the feel fine.

Where are you located?

HI my name is Brittany I'm so excited for you and getting your surgery date I'm currently working on all my per recs in order to receive my surgery date, I should have a date within the next month. I'm sending you all the most positive vibes in the world. see you on the other side and keep posting your progress.

I have the same date. 3rd day of the liquid diet...counting down

Sent from my LG-H918 using BariatricPal mobile app