Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 days post op- major regrets

Every day things will improve. But it doesn't happen overnight. I took me 6 months until I reached my happy state when all the problems seemed to melt away.

I felt the same way a week out from surgery but I promise, it does get better!! I am 6 weeks post op tomorrow and I am so happy with my decision to have this done. It is a new chance at life for me. The first 2 weeks after surgery I struggled drinking anything because it hurt.. people started noticing my weight loss and my change in attitude and that I was just becoming a happier person. I’m not very long into my new life but I am happy thus far. Stay positive.. I promise it does get better every single day! You got this!

I think alot of us have that initial buyers regret. I really had doubts early on. Simple things scared me, like, taking a single drink of Water, or eating a cracker. I couldn't believe the struggle with the simple things and really wondered if living the rest of my life that way was going to be ok. But, over time, a few months, things began to improve and my body healed and I could take in more (enough) liquid, and feel like I could enjoy eating again. Like it was said earlier in this thread, things slowly melted away and the new normal is just fine. No regrets at this point. Patience, grasshopper.. it gets significantly better.

I suggest scrolling through the monthly threads to about the 6+ months mark -- people always so happy at that point!

Edited by Apple203

I was the same way, regretting this surgery. Thought about the minor pains I was in, not being able to help when my kids were sick, not eating what my family was eating, not drinking my Water fast cuz I was so thirsty, etc. However, it's getting better so hang on. I'm up to solids and still have issues eating but it's just a matter of time. Now I'm thinking, am I eating too much, why am I not losing weight, how much more can we restrict ourself? Just hang in there, you'll be better in no time. :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

It's normal, and yes, it will pass. As much as I thought I had prepared myself mentally it was still a challenge. I had complications and was in the hospital for almost a week, everything tasted like crap when I got home, was weak and tired all the time, and by the end of 2 weeks I was just depressed from being stuck at home. I think that you'll find when you can start eating some normal foods again and get your energy back you'll start to come around.

I don't think I ever really regretted having the surgery but I certainly wasn't the happiest person in the world as I waited to heal and get through the first few weeks. Now I'm coming up on my 1 year mark and have done more in the past year than I did the previous three because of all the health issues I was battling. Despite a rocky start I would still go back and do it all over again.

Keep yourself busy with things you enjoy and try to keep your mind off of things. It does get better! :)

My doctor said in a seminar that at least once a week someone bursts into tears at the hospital thinking they made a mistake. He says that by 6 months, those people are nearly universally happy with their decision.

I was sleeved September of 2016. Please trust me when I say that it will get better. I felt the same way...it gets so much better. Good luck to you and keep your head up.

I felt the same way a week out from surgery but I promise, it does get better!! I am 6 weeks post op tomorrow and I am so happy with my decision to have this done. It is a new chance at life for me. The first 2 weeks after surgery I struggled drinking anything because it hurt.. people started noticing my weight loss and my change in attitude and that I was just becoming a happier person. I’m not very long into my new life but I am happy thus far. Stay positive.. I promise it does get better every single day! You got this!

How much have you lost in those 6 weeks?

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

How much have you lost in those 6 weeks?

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

I have lost 31 lbs as of yesterday.

I too am 7 days post op. It's normal to go through the emotional rollercoaster. I go through them as well. Sometimes when I feel it coming on, I really analyze the root of the issue. Whether it be, "missing the fact of eating," "missing the social aspect of food, " "missing eating an unlimited amount of steak and sushi," etc. Then I think of the positives (towards foods) now that I have a smaller stomach. I can finally afford organics, buy those 4oz lobster tails and get full of just 1, fit into all my smaller sized clothing that I had packed away all these years... the list goes on. I guess what it comes down to is the initial reasons why you took the leap.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app