Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Acceptable Low Carb Snack?

26 minutes ago, Sleeveforme2017 said:

Found this today. Low carb are these ok for just for an occasional snack?

IMG_3956.JPG IMG_3957.JPG

1g Protein but low calorie. I am not the food police. That job belongs to your dietician;)

What stage are you in? What does your plan say about rice? Are you hitting your protein goals at this point?

When I make food choices it's based on if it fits into my food plan and macros for the day (calories protein and carbs) I look for high protein alternatives...(that's just my choice)

When I crave crunch my go to Snacks are veggie tray with ken's light dressing to keep my calories and carbs low.

Quest BBQ protein chips, melted mozzarella and salsa. to help hit my protein goal.

I admit, I have a quest protein chip addiction (made out of whey isolate protein powder) 120 calories 5 carbs and 21 grams protein.

images.jpg

QuestProteinChips-500x500.png

The original snack is literally pure empty calories.

Its not a lot, but it brings no Fiber or Protein to the table.

Those Quest chips are interesting, I gotta check them out. I need to do my homework and figure out if milk protein isolate contains lactose or not, I know most isolates usually dont, but im not famiilar with milk protein isolate.

Edited by Mhy12784

1g Protein but low calorie. I am not the food police. That job belongs to your dietician[emoji6]
What stage are you in? What does your plan say about rice? Are you hitting your protein goals at this point?
When I make food choices it's based on if it fits into my food plan and macros for the day (calories protein and carbs) I look for high protein alternatives...(that's just my choice)
When I crave crunch my go to Snacks are veggie tray with ken's light dressing to keep my calories and carbs low.
Quest BBQ protein chips, melted mozzarella and salsa. to help hit my protein goal.
I admit, I have a quest protein chip addiction (made out of whey isolate protein powder) 120 calories 5 carbs and 21 grams protein.
images.jpg.8d59ba838ce39c816f530c6ebb8ed20c.jpg
QuestProteinChips-500x500.png.d352843b4bce74d1ece5df2befcaa265.png

I have no problem reaching my protein goal. I’m 11 months post op down 92lbs. I’ll have to try the quest chips. Tks

White Rice, Sugar, Corn Syrup. This is kinda like eating candy. A tiny bit once in a while won't kill ya, but it's not doing you any favors. The chips are a much better choice:)

If you see the ingredients there's corn Syrup and sugar i don't recommend you to eat them my doctor told me that corn syrup and sugar was the cause of having low blood sugar so be careful you can eat Protein Bars or you can make your own Snacks watch YouTube you'll find lots of easy recipes

Ive read that corn syrup..isnt recognized by ur liver. So it cant give that "im full" feeling. And it also has sugar. Id stay away from this...it will just make u crave more sugar

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Personally I would not buy this for the sheer fact that ingredients have white rice and sugar.

4 hours ago, enigma_007 said:

Ive read that corn syrup..isnt recognized by ur liver. So it cant give that "im full" feeling. And it also has sugar. Id stay away from this...it will just make u crave more sugar

That doesn't make any sense the liver stores glycogen. And corn Syrup is sugar.

Sugar in general doesn't give you that full feeling

Regular cane sugar (sucrose) is made of two sugar molecules bound tightly together -- glucose and fructose in equal amounts. The enzymes in your digestive tract must break down the sucrose into glucose and fructose, which are then absorbed into the body.

High fructose corn syrup (HFCS) consists of glucose and fructose, not in a 50-50 ratio, but a 55-45 fructose to glucose ratio in an unbound form. Since there is there is no chemical bond between them, no digestion is required so they are more rapidly absorbed into your bloodstream.

Regular cane sugar (sucrose) is made of two sugar molecules bound tightly together -- glucose and fructose in equal amounts. The enzymes in your digestive tract must break down the sucrose into glucose and fructose, which are then absorbed into the body.

High fructose corn Syrup (HFCS) consists of glucose and fructose, not in a 50-50 ratio, but a 55-45 fructose to glucose ratio in an unbound form. Since there is there is no chemical bond between them, no digestion is required so they are more rapidly absorbed into your bloodstream.

Corn syrup is a sweetner ..not sugar. Corn syrup is made from corn. And its one of the worst types of articial sweetners. Many major studies conducted have concluded that corny syrup makes u feel like u cant satisfy the "hunger feeling" and increases in circulating triglycerides (which prevent the hormone leptin from telling the brain you’re full)

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:30 PM, jenn1 said:

1g Protein but low calorie. I am not the food police. That job belongs to your dietician;)

What stage are you in? What does your plan say about rice? Are you hitting your Protein goals at this point?

I admit, I have a Quest protein chip addiction (made out of whey isolate protein powder) 120 calories 5 carbs and 21 grams protein.

images.jpg

QuestProteinChips-500x500.png

I have been wondering about these Quest Protein chips. I wanted to order them from Amazon, but wasn't sure if they have that weird after taste that some Protein Powder does.

Have you tried other flavors?

Glad you like them! I'm going to order them for sure.

Thank you! :778_heartbeat:

Edited by AshAsh1
additional question

2 hours ago, Mhy12784 said:

Any food that is nutrient deficient will make you feel hungry.

60MINS high fructose corn syrup and obesity rates.

I second the Quest Protein Chips! Love all the flavors!

I like the Quest chips as well! Ive tried all the flavors & i like the cheddar ones. My 2nd choice is the bbq.
Not sure if you knew that you can get the variety pk on Amazon!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using BariatricPal mobile app