Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Freezing protein powders

Has anyone had experience with putting unflavored Protein Powder in Soups and freezing them. Does it seem to freeze well, or should I just add it when I'm ready to eat it.

Sent from my LG-M320G using BariatricPal mobile app

I dont freeze mine

But adding Protein powder to sugar free pudding has been a staple of mine. Never had an issue and its always refrigerated

Freezing whey Protein has no effect on it. It can change the original consistency of what you had frozen though. Cooking Whey protein depends on how long and at what temp you cook it. Whey Protein begins to break down the amino acid bioavailability when the temperature hits 167 degrees Fahrenheit. That breakdown makes the protein much harder for the body to digest. As an example: if you cook it at 194 degrees Fahrenheit for over 5 minutes you still have 80% solubility, so you only lost 20% efficacy. What bodybuilders do is mix it in after its heated and eat it right away. Also, don't always cook it. Make shakes, stir into pudding, applesauce, etc. Hope this helps [emoji106]

5' 5"
HW: 259
CW: 234
GOAL: Healthy and hard 140-ish?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Today was rough...
      I've been experiencing a headache all day today that just won't go away. I'm thinking it's now progressing into a migraine. Does anyone else get headaches from taking vitamin B12? I did some research and learned that usually a lack of B12 causes headaches. But I've noticed when I take it, I have reoccurring headaches. 😫
      · 0 replies
    • sammijaee

I can’t figure out how to update my surgery stats but 
      start 259
      sw 245
      cw 237
      gw 175
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products