Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my surgery (sleeve) is on nov 21st and liquid diet started on Monday. There hasn’t been a day that I went with out cheating :( it’s so hard when you still have to cook and prepare food for everyone in the house. I have 8 days to get it together! Boyfriend keeps coming home with take out like his tempting me on purpose :(

So my surgery (sleeve) is on nov 21st and liquid diet started on Monday. There hasn’t been a day that I went with out cheating [emoji20] it’s so hard when you still have to cook and prepare food for everyone in the house. I have 8 days to get it together! Boyfriend keeps coming home with take out like his tempting me on purpose [emoji20]

The only thing that got me through it was sugar free popsicles and sugar free Jello. I made sure to save that one thing for dinner time so I felt like I was "eating" something good.

Sent from my LG-H872 using BariatricPal mobile app

Im on day 2 of pre op liquid diet...my surgeon wants 2 weeks of liquids😖

Tell your boyfriend to eat his fast food at the fast food joint...that YOU are gonna be healthy!!!

I’m hungry as all git out but I’m keeping it at the top of my head....this will be worth it! I’ll be healthier, hopefully my RA will ease up to where I’m not taking a bunch of meds, that I will be able to get rid of my pain meds and that Ill be here for my grandkiddo....THATS my motivations!!!

Indeed tell him to be wary of your diet.. you need to shrink that liver down if you want to get surgery.
I spoke to my husband early enough .. don’t want no excuses he loves pizza and so do I ... so I told him if he wants it.. let me know .. I’ll lock my sled if I have to. Let’s be honest IT IS that important.

I start Tuesday by the way. Good luck with yours!

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

So my surgery (sleeve) is on nov 21st and liquid diet started on Monday. There hasn’t been a day that I went with out cheating [emoji20] it’s so hard when you still have to cook and prepare food for everyone in the house. I have 8 days to get it together! Boyfriend keeps coming home with take out like his tempting me on purpose [emoji20]

My surgery is also on the 21st but my liquid diet starts today. You can do this [emoji1377] it is not going to be easy, this is definitely not the easy way to getting healthier. Just try to look at it from a different perspective, maybe he is getting takeout so that you won’t have to do the cooking. I will still be cooking for my hubby & 4 kids, it is hard fighting the thoughts of wanting to give in and just eat but we have to fight it. Looking around and seeing all of the Snacks I love but can’t have is annoying as heck. But if we can’t do this for a few days then how can we do it after surgery?
It is just food, don’t let it control you. You’ve got this, everyday is a new opportunity to get it right.

Have a great day!
Amanda [emoji16]
HW 248 CW 241 Surgery Date: pending 11/21/2017. Goal weight 150’ish [emoji23]

My surgery is also on the 21st but my liquid diet starts today. You can do this [emoji1377] it is not going to be easy, this is definitely not the easy way to getting healthier. Just try to look at it from a different perspective, maybe he is getting takeout so that you won’t have to do the cooking. I will still be cooking for my hubby & 4 kids, it is hard fighting the thoughts of wanting to give in and just eat but we have to fight it. Looking around and seeing all of the Snacks I love but can’t have is annoying as heck. But if we can’t do this for a few days then how can we do it after surgery?
It is just food, don’t let it control you. You’ve got this, everyday is a new opportunity to get it right.

Have a great day!
Amanda [emoji16]

My surgery date is 11/21/17 too and I have pretty much the same stats... My name is Amanda too [emoji23]

After having said that, my youngest tells me that daddy promised him that I would take him to McD’s 🤯 and said “But I was so good at the dentist and no cavities” [emoji24] when I said no. So I took him and my little bit of revenge was I bought enough for all of the kids and now I don’t have to make dinner. Trying to be good now and not attack the fries 🧘🏻‍♀️

Have a great day!
Amanda [emoji16]

Tell me about it!! Girl, the struggle is REAL. I'm telling you on day 3 I literally cried myself to sleep[emoji23][emoji24]
I'm on day 5, but I wouldn't say its easier but trying by all means to keep myself busy and try not to indulge.
It is not easy but I hope the best for you as I do for myself!
My surgery date is on 24 Nov

Sent from my SM-G935F using BariatricPal mobile app

I agree it is tough. I am on day 10. My surgery is 11/17. I haven’t cheated, but I don’t trust myself driving and am not thinking clearly some of the time. I am working remotely the rest of the week to minimize risk. It gets better when I rest, but my job is quite demanding, so my brain gets tired quickly.

I am not cooking again until I am on the regular bariatric diet. My hubby is eating out or doing Stouffer’s. He is fit. It won’t hurt him for a few weeks.

I am also getting a massage and a mani pedi before surgery. I deserve a treat.

Keep trying. You can do it. Treat yourself to something you enjoy besides food.

My surgery date is 11/21/17 too and I have pretty much the same stats... My name is Amanda too [emoji23]

Yay another surgery buddy [emoji3] That is cool [emoji16]

Have a great day!
Amanda [emoji16]

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 4:19 PM, amandasnow81818 said:

My surgery date is 11/21/17 too and I have pretty much the same stats... My name is Amanda too

My surgery is the 21st and also Amanda!

My surgery is the 21st and also Amanda!

Wow that is a trip! Very cool that we are all having surgery the same day and have the same name. We can all get healthy together [emoji1377]. Have you started you’re pre-op diets?

Have a great day!
Amanda [emoji16]

Wow that is a trip! Very cool that we are all having surgery the same day and have the same name. We can all get healthy together [emoji1377]. Have you started you’re pre-op diets?

Have a great day!
Amanda [emoji16]

Yes. It has been rough. Mine is pretty strict, 4 shake and two bars with either a banana or one cup of fat free milk. I can have sugar free Jello and pops. But I definitely am feeling it in my clothing. How is yours going?!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes. It has been rough. Mine is pretty strict, 4 shake and two bars with either a banana or one cup of fat free milk. I can have sugar free Jello and pops. But I definitely am feeling it in my clothing. How is yours going?!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am only allowed broth, Protein Shakes, liquids I can see through and 1 Greek yogurt per day. It has been rough but mostly with fighting the head hunger. I desperately want a cookie, a grape or Chinese food but I am not hungry I just want them. I haven’t given in because I know that this is what is best for me and that I only want those because I can’t have them. Today starts day 3 and I am down 5 lbs already. I notice that the days I have school (went back to college) I am ok but my days off are torture. Today I’m off so I plan to fill my spare time with homework and either a trip to the gym or a workout video at home. So far so good. That is great that you are feeling a difference clothing wise, congratulations you are doing great [emoji16]. We will all do great and get healthier together [emoji1360]

Have a great day!
Amanda [emoji16]

I feel sorry for you. If your boyfriend is this inconsiderate now. How hard will things be when your on the liquid diet.were cheating will risk a leak or extreme damage to your staple? Hmm. A conversation needs to be had for sure because there might be a reason he is subconsciously.. or not subconsciously.. trying to sabotage you. ( Only you will know which one it is. I'm not in the relationship) fear of change. You turning into something more confident and different while he remains the same..you can imagine what insecurities can breed on the back of that. But either way you need support now. And open communication is important.talk to him. :)