Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did I become this person?

So 3 weeks ago, I threw my back out. I don't even have a fun story. I pulled my chair in to a table and my back said "nah, I'm going to stay here." Cue agonizing pain. The worst part was that I was on a 3rd story rooftop bar with my friend, 9 hours from home. I learned the bar didn't have a service elevator, so I had to take a few shots to get downstairs. I could barely stand up, I needed something to dull the pain! The 9 hour drive home wasn't much better either. Fun times! :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

ANYWAYS.

I've been going to the gym 2-3 times a week like clockwork. I'll do Zumba, yoga and/or step class usually. I have now been unable to go for the past 3 weeks. Once upon a time, I would have been thrilled for an excuse not to go. Now though? I'm getting antsy. I want to go get my heart rate up. I want to go relax while doing yoga.

Relax? Exercise? What madness is this?

I never thought I'd be that person that MISSES working out. Hell, I still barely am. But it became part of my routine and I am getting stir crazy being unable to unwind in a nice childs pose.

Seriously though, who am I?

I hope you have a chiropractor. It's awful nice to be able to get an adjustment when such things happen.

I once got rolled over on by a horse. Bent my neck sideways. Within an hour I was getting adjusted (had a neck vertebra out of alignment). Only had to go the once and was fixed up since we caught it so quickly. Can't imagine how bad that would have been if I couldn't have been seen...

No chiropractor, but I did go to my regular doctor. He checked me out and agreed that I was fine, just an awful muscle pull. He gave me drugs to help me get through it and said to keep doing what I was doing.

Your injury made me cringe. OW. I'm glad it was resolved quickly and you are okay. Still, OW OW OW OW OW.

5 hours ago, jessgnc said:

So 3 weeks ago, I threw my back out. I don't even have a fun story. I pulled my chair in to a table and my back said "nah, I'm going to stay here." Cue agonizing pain. The worst part was that I was on a 3rd story rooftop bar with my friend, 9 hours from home. I learned the bar didn't have a service elevator, so I had to take a few shots to get downstairs. I could barely stand up, I needed something to dull the pain! The 9 hour drive home wasn't much better either. Fun times! :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

ANYWAYS.

I've been going to the gym 2-3 times a week like clockwork. I'll do Zumba, yoga and/or step class usually. I have now been unable to go for the past 3 weeks. Once upon a time, I would have been thrilled for an excuse not to go. Now though? I'm getting antsy. I want to go get my heart rate up. I want to go relax while doing yoga.

Relax? Exercise? What madness is this?

I never thought I'd be that person that MISSES working out. Hell, I still barely am. But it became part of my routine and I am getting stir crazy being unable to unwind in a nice childs pose.

Seriously though, who am I?

Love that you are missing the gym. It's a strange thing to realize you are officially a health and fitness nut.

This same thing happened to me. I started my walking as soon as I got released from the Hospital. We had to stay at a Motel for the 1st week because we lived 100 miles away. So I started walking at the Motel. I continued to keep at it for all of my 4 years. With very few days missed, if something came up and I couldn't go for my walk it literally made me depressed and upset. I have just noticed that I am ok if I have something come up and can't go for my "ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT"!! Let me say this...my whole life I have lived with the state of mind be it diets or exercise just about anything I have done, I have been an over-doer. I call it (please don't be offended) BALLS TO THE WALL OR NOTHING!!! But...just a few days ago while we were chatting here, I realized I'M OK!!! I don't have to become OCD about this. I can miss a walk. This was an huge eye opener for me. I am 61 YO and just have come to realize I don't have to walk 7 days a week. It is very liberating if I do say so myself. I just wanted to share a little bit about my balance.

My fear of gaining is controlled by exercise. Better than many other things but is maladaptive. G

I've been on the verge of getting a cold the last week or so and I was home sick from work yesterday and today. I've been going stir crazy because I want to go for a run so badly! It's weird how much we all change after surgery!

I wanted to pop in and share my frustration here! My back finally was good enough to work out again in the beginning of December. About a week later, I broke my foot. I SWEAR TO GOD I JUST WANT TO DO YOGA GIVE ME A BREAK! <muppet flail>