Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Odd Items to Bring With You

I am in the hospital right now as I type this. (Tuesday, Oct 24, 2017) and wanted to share with you guys a couple of items to bring that I had and was sooo glad I did.

1. Sunglasses / eye cover sleep mask

Why? My room was directly across from the nurses station and the light poured into my room. Luckily for me I had my old sunglasses in my back pack from when I used to commute on the train. They blocked the train car light on the 4am train. Need my beauty sleep! emoji41.png

1508900977903.jpeg

2. Noise canceling headphones

Why? These come in handy for all the machines that go "ping". And, like I said, I was directly across.from the nurses station so I didnt have to hear them.

1508901186967.thumb.jpeg.1699911a3cc71537ea41ca6c7fe4d521.jpeg

3. Gas-x STRIPS

Why? They freakin' work. I had some gas pains and took these. 10 min later pain was gone.

4. Loose fitting shorts / sweatpants

Why? I wore silky basketball type shorts. So when I would be walking around the ward, no one can see my precious hiney. Plus, they are comfortable.

5. Phone / I pad

Why? Alot of downtime.

Dont forget toiletries!

Edited by Killian

Oh! One more thing: a small fan.

Oa side effect of the anti nasuea medicine causes you to heat up and sweat. And boy, was heating up and sweating. So the awesome nurses brought me a fan. So glad they did. And more glad they did not take it away..the breeze felt great and moving the air around in the room helped alot too.

150890251329259732665.jpg

Edited by Killian

I am in the hospital right now as I type this. (Tuesday, Oct 24, 2017) and wanted to share with you guys a couple of items to bring that I had and was sooo glad I did.
1. Sunglasses / eye cover sleep mask
Why? My room was directly across from the nurses station and the light poured into my room. Luckily for me I had my old sunglasses in my back pack from when I used to commute on the train. They blocked the train car light on the 4am train. Need my beauty sleep! [emoji41]
1508900977903.thumb.jpeg.127058a79b1bba2302930de8a547773e.jpeg
2. Noise canceling headphones
Why? These come in handy for all the machines that go "ping". And, like I said, I was directly across.from the nurses station so I didnt have to hear them.
1508901186967.thumb.jpeg.1699911a3cc71537ea41ca6c7fe4d521.jpeg
3. Gas-x STRIPS
Why? They freakin' work. I had some gas pains and took these. 10 min later pain was gone.
4. Loose fitting shorts / sweatpants
Why? I wore silky basketball type shorts. So when I would be walking around the ward, no one can see my precious hiney. Plus, they are comfortable.
5. Phone / I pad
Why? Alot of downtime.
Dont forget toiletries!

Thank you! This was helpful as I almost didn’t pack headphones! I’m packing my bag now, I am 9 hours away from having surgery ahh!!.

I hope you’re doing well and have a speedy recovery!

Thank you! This was helpful as I almost didn’t pack headphones! I’m packing my bag now, I am 9 hours away from having surgery ahh!!.

I hope you’re doing well and have a speedy recovery!

Glad I can help!!

How are you feeling? Thank you for the suggestions, I will make sure I bring those things. Praying you heal fast and feel better very soon [emoji177]

Have a great day!
Amanda [emoji16]
HW 248 CW 241 Surgery Date: pending 11/21/2017. Goal weight 150’ish [emoji23]

Just now, confusedturtle3 said:

How are you feeling? Thank you for the suggestions, I will make sure I bring those things. Praying you heal fast and feel better very soon

Have a great day!
Amanda
HW 248 CW 241 Surgery Date: pending 11/21/2017. Goal weight 150’ish

Feeling good! Kinda feels like just overdid the sit ups at the gym...so not bad at all.

I’m so glad you’re cruising through this. Congratulations [emoji106]

I’m so glad you’re cruising through this. Congratulations [emoji106]

Hey NJGal, where ya from? I’m up in Sussex County

Glad I can help!!

How are you doing post-op, Killian?

Hey NJGal, where ya from? I’m up in Sussex County

Nutley, NJ here :)

Thank you a Killian for those recommendations, I'll surely will take note. Glad to see that you're feeling good after your sugery. Btw how is your throat? Some people said they had a lot of pain and could barely swallow

Sent from my SM-N910T using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you a Killian for those recommendations, I'll surely will take note. Glad to see that you're feeling good after your sugery. Btw how is your throat? Some people said they had a lot of pain and could barely swallow

Sent from my SM-N910T using BariatricPal mobile app

My throat was a little dry, no problems swallowing whatsoever.

How are you doing post-op, Killian?

Pretty good. Doc has me on 3 Protein Shakes a day for next two weeks...so that might be tough...but otherwise...no pain or dizzyness, NOT hungry, and enjoying the weight coming off.

I have a thread dedicated to my Journey that started about a year ago..I will be posting updates there.. please come join me! KILLIAN'S GASTRIC SLEEVE JOURNEY

Edited by Killian