Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling the sleeve when drinking?

I was sleeved on 9/20 and I have been very cautious about not drinking too fast so that wouldn't be uncomfortable. Today I have been taking larger drinks without discomfort, so I was wondering if I am not feeling the full sensation. Right now, I'm still having gas pains and incision pain, and a lot of gas movement/sounds so maybe I can't get a good idea of what it feels like because of everything else going on? Thoughts? Similar experiences? Thanks!

I haven't had any discomfort with liquids yet. I have to force myself to just take a few small sips, because I am so used to chugging my Water.

My uneducated guess is that your swelling has gone down so you can take bigger sips. Post op (8/22) I couldn't sip more than a half tsp without pain. Now I can usually take 2-3 normal sips ok.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Woaaaah I have the exact same issue as you.

I was also sleeved on 9/20 and I have had severe discomforts with liquids. I still have a bit but it is not as bad.

On 9/24/2017 at 0:56 AM, cp_catcher19 said:

I was sleeved on 9/20 and I have been very cautious about not drinking too fast so that wouldn't be uncomfortable. Today I have been taking larger drinks without discomfort, so I was wondering if I am not feeling the full sensation. Right now, I'm still having gas pains and incision pain, and a lot of gas movement/sounds so maybe I can't get a good idea of what it feels like because of everything else going on? Thoughts? Similar experiences? Thanks!

I was sleeved on 9/20 also and I haven't had any discomfort drinking either. Like you I have been very cautious. I have slight indigestion and little soreness but over all feel really good so far.

The only liquid I'm not able to get in at a faster speed is the Premier Protein shakes and I think that's because they're thick. When it comes to any clear Soups or any warm liquids I am able to get those down at a much faster rate and I don't feel any fullness Sensation from them. So I'm guessing the warmth of the Soup helps it go down much smoother I'm not sure.

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

I too was sleeved on 9/20 and am experiencing everything you mentioned. I have managed to get my 16oz Water since 9/24

Mazz