Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if any of you have lost weight post surgery but doesn't see it or feel a difference in your clothes? I had Gastric Bypass on June 26th. The day of surgery I was 242 pounds. Yesterday I went to my post op appointment and is now 223 pounds. I am down 19 pounds but I don't see it or feel a difference with my clothes. Is there anyone experiencing this????

For me, when I hit 30 lbs. it was noticeable. I also wear a lot of clothes with give, so they fit me for quite awhile. Now that I am about to hit a 60 lb. loss, I can absolutely tell, and half of my clothes look funny on me (bag ladyish ;))

Edited by Ldyvenus

1 minute ago, Ldyvenus said:

For me, when I hit 30 lbs. it was noticeable. I also wear a lot of clothes with give, so they fit me for quite awhile. Now that I am about to hit a 60 lb. loss, I can absolutely tell, and half of my clothes look funny on me (bag ladyish ;))

Hi. Thank you for sharing. Im glad to know that its not just me. People keep telling me that after 10 pounds I should have noticed a difference but I don't. Only difference i see is my face slimming down. I guess I had 19 pounds of fat in my face lol !

That is totally a normal thingy. For sure. Most of us have been heavy for so long that we still see the fat one when we look at ourselves. I'm 4 years out and as long as I don't look in the mirror (full Length mirror) I am ok. This is the time to measure yourself That is a mus. I didn't and am so sorry I didn't. Also take pictures, take them in a door because with seeing yourself like that you can really tell. I am also very guilty of not taking pictures. You know some of us are photogenic and some of us are not. I am the are nots. Good Luck in your journey and keep us posted on your success!!!

2 minutes ago, Sherrie Scharbrough said:

That is totally a normal thingy. For sure. Most of us have been heavy for so long that we still see the fat one when we look at ourselves. I'm 4 years out and as long as I don't look in the mirror (full Length mirror) I am ok. This is the time to measure yourself That is a mus. I didn't and am so sorry I didn't. Also take pictures, take them in a door because with seeing yourself like that you can really tell. I am also very guilty of not taking pictures. You know some of us are photogenic and some of us are not. I am the are nots. Good Luck in your journey and keep us posted on your success!!!

Hi Sherrie

Thank you for sharing. Taking a pic in a door is definitely a good idea. All I have so far is just face pics but not a full body to compare. Im so ready to be able to see it and feel good about it. You ate so right..all I see if the 242 pounds me before surgery.

This is me in the red. Started at 300 lbs and last checked, 269 lbs at time of picture on July 4th.

If my husband hasn't taken picture, I wouldn't have noticed. I look like a "Bobble Head." Hubby was like, "Babe, look at your neck," Lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Few months back

5 minutes ago, Black911 said:

This is me in the red. Started at 300 lbs and last checked, 269 lbs at time of picture on July 4th.

If my husband hasn't taken picture, I wouldn't have noticed. I look like a "Bobble Head." Hubby was like, "Babe, look at your neck," Lol.

CONGRATULATIONS and tell him to stop that!!! You don't look like a Booble Head. I'm ready to be where you are so I can see it. This journey has been a hard 1 thus far but it's only 4 weeks old so I guess I have to develop some patience. This is me now

IMG_20170709_194149.jpg

You look beautiful. My husband is
very supportive. I said, Bobble Hea; not him.

My surgery was on May 30th. Time is flying!

1 minute ago, Black911 said:

You look beautiful. My husband is
very supportive. I said, Bobble Hea; not him.

My surgery was on May 30th. Time is flying!

Thank you. I'm still seeing my pre surgery self. Hopefully soon when I can start working out too I will see it. I'm fatigued all the time so it's a no go at the moment to work out

I totally understand. I have a torn meniscus and arthritis in right knee, and it's been very pain to walk. Already had 8 physical therapy sessions. I'm praying my knee will feel better as the weight comes off.

Then, BFF of 40+ years had a brain aneurysm Saturday, spice been back/forth to hospital. Praise God she's making progress. So, I'm walking more than ever through the pain. Both ankles were swollen when I got home last night. GOD IS STILL AWESOME THROUGH IT ALL.

Just listen to doc and you will be fine. Praying for your success. Hang in there.

Same for me. I'm still wearing my size 16 clothes but they aren't as snug as before. I've lost 24 pounds but didn't really notice it except for under my breasts, like where my liver is. Other people have noticed. I think another 10-20 pounds and I'll really feel it....I hope! The weight isn't flying off like I thought it would but I think that's good. Healthier on the body and since I didn't tell many people about the surgery it will seem more natural. It also says a lot for how overweight I was... don't notice 24 pounds ... on a normal weight person that would be very drastic. What I have noticed is the increased energy! I'll take that!

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 199 GW 135

16 minutes ago, Missy161 said:

Same for me. I'm still wearing my size 16 clothes but they aren't as snug as before. I've lost 24 pounds but didn't really notice it except for under my breasts, like where my liver is. Other people have noticed. I think another 10-20 pounds and I'll really feel it....I hope! The weight isn't flying off like I thought it would but I think that's good. Healthier on the body and since I didn't tell many people about the surgery it will seem more natural. It also says a lot for how overweight I was... don't notice 24 pounds ... on a normal weight person that would be very drastic. What I have noticed is the increased energy! I'll take that!

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 199 GW 135

Yesssss that is definitely me. Still wearing size 16. I was so worried about rapid weight loss but that's not the case even though I am happy that within 4 weeks I am down 19 pounds. I guess for me I am ready to be happy about the surgery because thus far I am not. I am struggling so hard emotionally and mentally about the surgery now. Seems everything is hard for me. I don't have energy however. That's a big issue for me. I'm always tired and have no energy or motivation to do anything but hopefully all this turn around.