Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have officially started my vsg journey! Anyone else at this stage? And a couple other questions how is your support system? How is your significant other handling it? I ask because mine says he's supportive but has concerns about after surgery...like if I lose a bunch of weight I will leave him if I start getting attention from other people.

Snapchat-514401153.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi BrandiJo,

I received my referral to the surgeon yesterday. My first appointment with the surgeon is 8/9. Because of insurance requirements, my doctor supervised weight loss program has to be in effect for six months before surgery can be scheduled.

My husband is a great support since he just had the surgery in April. He is doing well so far and has no regrets. He is totally onboard with my decision to get sleeved too. I can relate to your SO's concerns tho. We have had several discussions about how we will handle any increased attention from others as our weight drops. Keeping communication open, honest, with a good sense of humor has worked wonders! 😀

Wishing you the best of luck! Hope to follow your journey as it goes along.

I have officially started my vsg journey! Anyone else at this stage? And a couple other questions how is your support system? How is your significant other handling it? I ask because mine says he's supportive but has concerns about after surgery...like if I lose a bunch of weight I will leave him if I start getting attention from other people.
Snapchat-514401153.thumb.jpg.843711270b2cd011d45bc89a07fee065.jpg

All men lol. Married 17 years with kids and he says you're not planning on leaving me are you. Really.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi BrandiJo,
I received my referral to the surgeon yesterday. My first appointment with the surgeon is 8/9. Because of insurance requirements, my doctor supervised weight loss program has to be in effect for six months before surgery can be scheduled.
My husband is a great support since he just had the surgery in April. He is doing well so far and has no regrets. He is totally onboard with my decision to get sleeved too. I can relate to your SO's concerns tho. We have had several discussions about how we will handle any increased attention from others as our weight drops. Keeping communication open, honest, with a good sense of humor has worked wonders! [emoji3]

Yay!! Can't wait to see updates from you!! And thank you for the advice!

Hi BrandiJo,
My husband is a great support since he just had the surgery in April. He is doing well so far and has no regrets. He is totally onboard with my decision to get sleeved too. I can relate to your SO's concerns tho. We have had several discussions about how we will handle any increased attention from others as our weight drops. Keeping communication open, honest, with a good sense of humor has worked wonders! [emoji3]

Hi BrandiJo,

Hi BrandiJo,

Hi BrandiJo,

In the weight management phase of this process; can't wait!

My husband is very supportive of my decision but doesn't seem too worried right now. I think he's just taking it a day at a time and will handle issues as they come. I do keep feeding him information as learn it so as to prepare him more than he is now.

He's not a jealous kind of guy so I don't think he's thought about the attention issue in the future. We're very open with each other so if something were to arise, we'd definitely talk about it.

The key is open communication and trust; its worked for me so far. We'll see if that changes lol .

Good Luck!

Hi Brandi! I'm just starting too [emoji3] I have my surgeon and Nurse coordinator appts on 6/30 and that's when I get to officially start my insurance required 3 month supervised weight loss. Expecting to have surgery some time in October. My husband is very supportive. He says he needs to keep in shape to keep up with me after I have surgery. Lol

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I've had the same question from my man! I thought it was very odd and unusual, did not realize that many men would also ask that. It seems silly to me, they are generally the person who supports you the most, and helps you most. Its been 3 1/2 years and we literally have invitations out for our wedding in January. Even have a house together, a dog, and want kids in 2-3 years. Why on earth would I leave him for someone else who decides to pay attention to me? I don't think anybody pays more attention or is sweeter and more thoughtful to me than he is. I'd have to be an idiot to leave him :780_sparkling_heart: Part of the surgery reason is so I can look good on his arm lol

I'm just starting out too! I've been thinking about VSG surgery for a few years but after yet another failed attempt at losing on my own I decided on Monday that I was done with that. So I called and made an appointment and have my first consultation tomorrow morning! I'm nervous and excited all at the same time!

My husband is super supportive as he always has been, he's never said that he's worried about me leaving him afterwards [emoji848] maybe I should ask? [emoji23]

I'm not sure on what my insurance requires before surgery so I'm nervous as to how long I will have to wait. But either way I will be better off a year from now than I am now! I'm so happy to have found a place to share all these feelings and have people going through it too. As of now I am only telling my husband and sister because I don't need to hear anyone else's opinions on what they think I should or shouldn't do. Lol

4 hours ago, kcvasquez said:

I'm just starting out too! I've been thinking about VSG surgery for a few years but after yet another failed attempt at losing on my own I decided on Monday that I was done with that. So I called and made an appointment and have my first consultation tomorrow morning! I'm nervous and excited all at the same time!

My husband is super supportive as he always has been, he's never said that he's worried about me leaving him afterwards maybe I should ask?

I'm not sure on what my insurance requires before surgery so I'm nervous as to how long I will have to wait. But either way I will be better off a year from now than I am now! I'm so happy to have found a place to share all these feelings and have people going through it too. As of now I am only telling my husband and sister because I don't need to hear anyone else's opinions on what they think I should or shouldn't do. Lol

Congratulations on taking this step! Love your attitude as well. We are taking the next right step so we can be healthier versions of ourselves. I can't wait for my appointment with my surgeon.

Wishing us all the best as we start this be chapter!

My husband asked the same question will i leave after🤔15 years 2 kids of our own plus hee raises my other 3[emoji23]. So i talked him into doing the sleeve also. We can get healthy together and stay together with no doubts. I love this man and i want us both to be healthy and look great [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G925T using BariatricPal mobile app