#FitCouple?


15 posts in this topic

Getting the sleeve I'm hoping by the end of this year. My husband is going to jump on the health train 🤞🏽🤞🏽! Anyone else doing this as a FitCouple?

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband is a type 1 diabetic but wasn't doing all he could to give himself the best care. I didn't ask him to modify his eating when I had surgery, but he did and he lost weight like crazy. He also does all the cooking, so I think that made it easier for him to make the jump. We do super high protein/low carb dishes and Snacks. He chose to come to the gym with me and that was a huge game changer. We now do that and all kinds of activities like bowling, disc golf, etc. together. All of our friends joking refer to us as "the power couple" since we're both healthier, more fit, happier, and super active.

Best of luck to you and your husband on your journey!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My partner has lost 115 pounds in the time I've lost nearly 200. He didn't have the sleeve, but he started at 315 whereas I started at almost 400. He finished his loss around the turn of the year, and is maintaining while I finish up my loss. We weigh about the same thing now. (Actually I may weigh about 5 pounds less than him.)

It certainly made everything about this journey easier with him on a weight loss journey of his own. We have kept each other accountable since Day #1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife has been losing weight right along with me even though she did not have surgery. It has been awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vamping said:

My husband is a type 1 diabetic but wasn't doing all he could to give himself the best care. I didn't ask him to modify his eating when I had surgery, but he did and he lost weight like crazy. He also does all the cooking, so I think that made it easier for him to make the jump. We do super high protein/low carb dishes and Snacks. He chose to come to the gym with me and that was a huge game changer. We now do that and all kinds of activities like bowling, disc golf, etc. together. All of our friends joking refer to us as "the power couple" since we're both healthier, more fit, happier, and super active.

Best of luck to you and your husband on your journey!

That's amazing! It makes it so much easier when everyone is on board lol. Hows your surgery going so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, blizair09 said:

My partner has lost 115 pounds in the time I've lost nearly 200. He didn't have the sleeve, but he started at 315 whereas I started at almost 400. He finished his loss around the turn of the year, and is maintaining while I finish up my loss. We weigh about the same thing now. (Actually I may weigh about 5 pounds less than him.)

It certainly made everything about this journey easier with him on a weight loss journey of his own. We have kept each other accountable since Day #1.

O my that's awesome. I wish I could have lost weight on my own like that. I'm really good with working out. Getting my mind ready next. You guys are doing amazing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, starfishwish said:

My husband is looking forward to eating healthier and exercising together

My husband doesn't eat fruit or veggies lol. He's kind of like a child ;-), but he's willing to try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Navigating the Wilderness said:

My wife has been losing weight right along with me even though she did not have surgery. It has been awesome.

That's amazing! It makes it easier as a team! He's gained wait since we've been together. I can't wait to be healthier together!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting the sleeve I'm hoping by the end of this year. My husband is going to jump on the health train 🤞🏽🤞🏽! Anyone else doing this as a FitCouple?
Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app


Yes! My husband and I are both getting the surgery. Our surgeon even said he would do both of our operations the same day as long as we both get the sleeve, which is what we both want. I don't know if that will work out due to work schedules, but no matter what it will be nice to be a to support each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.