Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm currently at gw but actively trying to lose 8 more lbs to reach my stretch goal. I hit gw 6 weeks ago. I am eating between 800-1100 calories a day, 60 G Protein, no more than 40 carbs. I exercise 3x week at a moderate level of exertion, usually running or biking, and walk 2 days a week at a leisurely pace for 25-40 minutes (depends on the weather and how energetic my dogs are).

I have only lost 2 lbs in six weeks.

I am looking for advice on getting over this plateau as I am worried that my body has found what it wants to be its new set point!

I'd cut out all carbs, I'd stick to 850 calories a day and I'd add in running up a flight of stairs 3 times or as much as you can. Calorie restriction and increase in exercise and Water should get you to goal in a few weeks.

Have you tried switching up your exercise and doing 2 days of strength training instead of 2 of your cardio days? Your body may be used to the activities you're doing, so those won't cut it for weight loss anymore? Just guessing; I'm hardly an expert! [emoji2]

I would lower carbs, up Protein, and up your calories. 1200 calories of pure Protein for a week

Carbs are your fuel...40 isn't alot at all. At goal weight and working out 5 days a week 800 calories seem way low too. I'm not an expert just giving an opinion.

I would maybe switch up your exercising. Adding some strength training too as someone mentioned above. Take measurements...muscle weighs more than fat. Maybe try carb cycle. Good luck.

PS. I'm 7 months post op. Have been strength training since 8 weeks post op 2x's a week and walking 2x's a week...I've worked up to 90g carbs(good carbs)...strength training days more. I've lost 110lbs. Carbs are not bad when working out. Just wanted to give you a vision. Lol

Carbs are your fuel...40 isn't alot at all. At goal weight and working out 5 days a week 800 calories seem way low too. I'm not an expert just giving an opinion.

I would maybe switch up your exercising. Adding some strength training too as someone mentioned above. Take measurements...muscle weighs more than fat. Maybe try carb cycle. Good luck.

PS. I'm 7 months post op. Have been strength training since 8 weeks post op 2x's a week and walking 2x's a week...I've worked up to 90g carbs(good carbs)...strength training days more. I've lost 110lbs. Carbs are not bad when working out. Just wanted to give you a vision. Lol

What's your caloric intake? 800 is the low end for me, but I seldom make it to 1200. My body seems really happy here. I do think strength training will help.

I am 11 months out and had 3 weeks of no change. I don't exercise as much as I would like unless shopping counts :) However, a week ago I switched up my diet by doing lots of steamed veggies bowls with seafood or turkey meatballs (that I made) roasted pumpkin seeds and cheese and added more Water, and I'm down 5 lbs in a week! Don't know if it is the change, less carbs, more Water, but keep trying different things until you find what works for you.

I kept my carbs to a strict 35-40, tracked every bite, 72 oz of Water per day (I have to pee all the time!!) and 75 g Protein. Didn't count calories but it averaged to 1100. I'm down 2 lbs! I decided to train for a 5K and my merciless 17 year old son, who plays soccer and runs cross country, has been "training" me (not sure how I raised this seemingly nice kid to be such an exercise sadist!). He has me sprinting/jogging at timed intervals for 2.5 miles, three times a week the other two times/week I've been working on my core. My son and a trainer at the gym did a fitness evaluation on me and legs, chest, and back are strong, arms and abs are definitely not.

I don't honestly know which part of the equation changed things but it feels great to be back on track. I'm so close to my stretch goal. Thank you all for your advice!

What's your caloric intake? 800 is the low end for me, but I seldom make it to 1200. My body seems really happy here. I do think strength training will help.

I usually get 1100-1200 calories a day now.

Muscle does NOT weigh more then fat!... it's denser then fat but doesn't weigh more

Muscle does NOT weigh more then fat!... it's denser then fat but doesn't weigh more

Correct. What most people mean when they use the phrase 'muscle weights more than fat'(in terms of losing weight and the scale not dropping but your size is)is that muscle is denser or more compact than fat, so by volume it weighs more. One cubic inch of muscle weighs more than one cubic inch of fat. ... A woman who weighs 150 pounds and has 25% body fat will look much leaner (take up less space) than a woman who weighs 150 pounds and has 35% body fat. This is why taking your measurements is so important not just the # on the scale. :)

Correct. What most people mean when they use the phrase 'muscle weights more than fat'(in terms of losing weight and the scale not dropping but your size is)is that muscle is denser or more compact than fat, so by volume it weighs more. One cubic inch of muscle weighs more than one cubic inch of fat. ... A woman who weighs 150 pounds and has 25% body fat will look much leaner (take up less space) than a woman who weighs 150 pounds and has 35% body fat. This is why taking your measurements is so important not just the # on the scale. [emoji4]

Yep that's right ..