Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When people have regrets with all the pain after, I'm afraid I won't be happy in my new skin, I'm afraid of too much saggy skin. I'm just starting to panic again and today was a good day because today I basically just need my surgeons approval on a date when I see him in a week

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

Oh I so understand that. I have been going through the same. Wondering if this is the good idea. Almost in a panic. Then I look at all the pills I have to take now and how unhappy I am with my weight and the limitations I am facing and I know that this is the best decision. The saggy skin, from what I hear, staying hydrated and doing some resistance and weight training will help build muscle to fill in the skin. The new lease on life is worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Oh I so understand that. I have been going through the same. Wondering if this is the good idea. Almost in a panic. Then I look at all the pills I have to take now and how unhappy I am with my weight and the limitations I am facing and I know that this is the best decision. The saggy skin, from what I hear, staying hydrated and doing some resistance and weight training will help build muscle to fill in the skin. The new lease on life is worth it!

Thanks for the reminder. I know in the long term it'll be good. I guess it just got really real for me because I have all of the paperwork etc in and I'm just waiting on a date. I want it to be here so soon. I feel like the more time I have to second guess myself it's bad, and having lost some weight on my own these past few weeks maybe I should just do it in my own, but I can't exercise like I want. And if I do this on my own it's gonna take me several years and a lot of heartache. I know this won't solve everything but I do need help to do this.

I 100% understand about being scared. I am too. I had my pre op appt today and have lost the necessary weight they wanted me to.So we are good to go for my surgery on 1/16 And when my surgeon walked out of the room, I just broke down crying. It scared me so bad. It was like I couldn't believe I didn't somehow sabotage the whole thing. :( But keep your head up and have faith.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

I 100% understand about being scared. I am too. I had my pre op appt today and have lost the necessary weight they wanted me to.So we are good to go for my surgery on 1/16 And when my surgeon walked out of the room, I just broke down crying. It scared me so bad. It was like I couldn't believe I didn't somehow sabotage the whole thing. :( But keep your head up and have faith.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

Congrats! I see mine next Wednesday and I really hope I can have it on the 17th. Thank you for sharing your feelings with me. We are all in this together. It's nice to know others are going through the same thing

How I overcame the fear of wls was realizing that I'm a risk taker, you have to be one if you're going to do this! And also that you are not alone. Hopefully you have your loved ones on board and definitely your medical team behind you as well as all of us on BariatricPal.

Take comfort in knowing you are helping yourself to live better and longer and happier too.

Change is scary, but staying morbidly obese is scarier. Had I done nothing, I am very certain I would be wheelchair bound by 50 and dead by 60.

I do have loose skin. I wear Spanx and cover it up in the summer (I look great clothed! ). Without the weight, I feel amazing. I can chase my kids around, ski, go hiking, anything I want.

What I'm most scared of now is ever regaining.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

It was scary for me too. But I came to the realization that if I didn't go through with it, I wasn't likely to live another ten years, or five for that matter. I went through the same question during the preop diet. "If I can lose weight now, why have the surgery"... well because I've lost a lot of weight over and over and over again. Each time gaining it back and then a few extra pounds to boot. This was the best decision I've ever made. Not everyone has a ton of pain, I was only on pain meds for about a week. My sleep apnea is MUCH better, my blood sugar is fine, blood pressure is fine, and my cholesterol is fine now. I was taking a handful of medications each day, now I take 1. I am able to move around better and am much healthier. The benefits far out weighed the cons for me.

Change is scary, but staying morbidly obese is scarier. Had I done nothing, I am very certain I would be wheelchair bound by 50 and dead by 60.

I do have loose skin. I wear Spanx and cover it up in the summer (I look great clothed! ). Without the weight, I feel amazing. I can chase my kids around, ski, go hiking, anything I want.

You are absolutely right staying morbidly obese for even one extra day is so depressing I have to keep my anxiety in check because I still have until about May to get a date. I postponed the program once and that was two years ago and now it's even more depressing because I could of been done with my surgery a while back and didn't.

Sent from my 0PM92 using the BariatricPal App

You are absolutely right staying morbidly obese for even one extra day is so depressing I have to keep my anxiety in check because I still have until about May to get a date. I postponed the program once and that was two years ago and now it's even more depressing because I could of been done with my surgery a while back and didn't.

Hang in there!

Hang in there!

I surely will I'm determined!

Hang in there!

I surely will I'm determined!

Good. I waited long time before decided to do that and I was sad when my coordinator told me I had to do six months of visits. Buuuuut now that I have finished those visits, it went by quickly and it really allowed me to get my mind right and prepare as much as I can for the surgery. But I understand I also said I should have done this along time ago. Just want to encourage you that time will go by fast and May will be here before you know it!