Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My vsg surgery is scheduled for Jan. 30, 2017.

Honesty I've been eating like total crap for the last couple weeks and I feel bad about it but for some reason I have this need to want to eat everything. I've been eating a lot of ice cream and bread eating this way is the reason I got as big as I am now and I know I have to change but I feel like I wanna eat what I can now before the surgery cuz then I'll be eating a lot healthier and won't be eating the junk. So I kinda wanted to get it out of my system now...I know that it's bad thinking and I'm trying to eat healthier but I still have moments where I'm like nahhhhh I need some ice cream.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

The mental game is the biggest part of this journey. While I understand the feelings you are having, I would strongly recommend doing as much as you can to get your mind in the right place before you have the surgery. The surgery itself isn't going to get you where you want to be; it is the grit, perseverance, and mental toughness that will do that.

Good luck!

I see my surgeon Jan 5 to schedule my VSG. Been thru the 6mo medical weight loss per insurance requirement. I say that to say, I'm doing exactly the same thing. No good explanation and I have no advice. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Getting it of your system by putting it in your system????.

... been there....start thinking different...this journey is between the ears not around the waist...I am not judging just totally get it

thunder32

Getting it of your system by putting it in your system????.

... been there....start thinking different...this journey is between the ears not around the waist...I am not judging just totally get it

thunder32

Ughhh I know, it makes no sense right. But you're right, I know I need to start thinking different. Easier said then done but I can do it. Thanks!

I see my surgeon Jan 5 to schedule my VSG. Been thru the 6mo medical weight loss per insurance requirement. I say that to say, I'm doing exactly the same thing. No good explanation and I have no advice. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

I'm glad I'm not alone. It's hard but we'll get there

The mental game is the biggest part of this journey. While I understand the feelings you are having, I would strongly recommend doing as much as you can to get your mind in the right place before you have the surgery. The surgery itself isn't going to get you where you want to be; it is the grit, perseverance, and mental toughness that will do that.

Good luck!

Thank You, you're right, I know this and I know I can do it!

I am going thru the same thing, I'll have my surgery in March 2017. Best thing we can do is keep it to a minimum and try to stop. Good luck ????

I had a few "last meals" myself so I get what you are saying. However, it isn't necessary because now that I am sleeved, I can eat whatever i want, but I don't want to eat what I used to eat anymore. It is amazing to me that a bite of this or that satisfies me. Eating Protein first is key.

This is a mental challenge as well as physical. When you want to eat that ice cream again, have a glass of Water first and then see if you still want it. The more you eat now just adds to the anoint you have to lose. Is it really worth it? Only you can decide.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Hahaha! Sorry, shouldnt laugh! Your having what is called a "food funeral " Many ppl go through this but please stop 2 weeks before surgery. Remember you need to shrink your liver to make it safe for the surgeon and for yourself. Im no doctor though I have been sleeved.

Anyway you wont be eating like this after surgery - trust me! Hahahhaha!

Just go back over your thoughts why your having the surgery - most of us have been there. All the very best darlz, go for it!

Sent from my SM-G925I using the BariatricPal App

Nope your not alone I have completed all my classes (the only time I get weighed) the only requirement from my insurance was that I don't gain weight.... I actually lost weight : ) I have a thousand parties to attend and its the holiday season... I would be lying through my teeth if I sat here and said that I don't eat what I want. I feel the same as you I know that after this procedure I will not indulge in the things I've normally would enjoy. But I must also say that I pick a cheat day, if I'm going out with friends Saturday then that's the day I'll be bad : ) lol nope it's still not good but this is it for me. Once January hit I will tighten up my act seriously but for now.... I'm going out 2016 with a bang! lol Sorry but not sorry. Oh and yes I drink plenty of Water and exercise No soda not even on my cheat day.

Anyway IJS your not alone : )

Hahaha! Sorry, shouldnt laugh! Your having what is called a "food funeral " Many ppl go through this but please stop 2 weeks before surgery. Remember you need to shrink your liver to make it safe for the surgeon and for yourself. Im no doctor though I have been sleeved.

Anyway you wont be eating like this after surgery - trust me! Hahahhaha!

Just go back over your thoughts why your having the surgery - most of us have been there. All the very best darlz, go for it!

Sent from my SM-G925I using the BariatricPal App

Lol it's ok. Yea I guess a food funeral is what it is. Yes I will stop. I start my liquid pre surgery diet on the 9th and I'll be on that for 3 weeks!

Edited by abrandnew.tee

Nope your not alone I have completed all my classes (the only time I get weighed) the only requirement from my insurance was that I don't gain weight.... I actually lost weight : ) I have a thousand parties to attend and its the holiday season... I would be lying through my teeth if I sat here and said that I don't eat what I want. I feel the same as you I know that after this procedure I will not indulge in the things I've normally would enjoy. But I must also say that I pick a cheat day, if I'm going out with friends Saturday then that's the day I'll be bad : ) lol nope it's still not good but this is it for me. Once January hit I will tighten up my act seriously but for now.... I'm going out 2016 with a bang! lol Sorry but not sorry. Oh and yes I drink plenty of Water and exercise No soda not even on my cheat day.

Anyway IJS your not alone : )

Yes even though I'm probably not eating as well as I should, I still try and get all my Water intake in. I don't drink pop anymore which is good.

I feel the same, once January hits I'm done with the junk!