Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Being cold is getting old!

I now understand the draw to a warm climate. I wore a pair of thermal long johns, wool socks, insulated boots, underwear, undershirt, sweater, jacket, beanie and gloves just to go to a parade. It was only 45... I was still slightly chilled including my feet! Does anyone have any suggestions? I feel like I might never wear flip flops again.

I know a lady who takes those HotHands toe warmers (the kind with the sticky side on it) and sticks one to the outside of her undershirt so that it sits against her lower back. She swears by them, but they might get expensive after a while. Cheaper than moving to Texas, though. :)

I've been there. One of the worst travel experiences that my wife and I have ever had was in Texas and we vowed that we would only go back if we had to. I will say that this is my favorite picture of my truck and of course, it is in Texas.

FLtrip021.jpg

If I live through this winter, I might have to move south. I am so cold all the time, and it isn't even cold yet :( Not for real.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

I relate. It's so ridiculous for me to have the heater set to 78 all the time, and yet I'm tired of feeling like I'm freezing all the time... And I'm still cold. Lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

Oregonians don't do well in Texas despite ve of fire arms and beer.

I've haven't lost much weight but I am always cold except when I am having a hot flash. My husband says it's like living with two different women.

And I want to add that I just got a new tablet and if I hadn't proof read this you all would be reading "i haven't lost many children but". I can't figure how to turn the auto correct and swear word "adjuster" off yet....

Oregonians don't do well in Texas despite our mutual love of firearms and beer.

Fellow Oregonian. Went skiing on Mt. Hood today and spent the rest of the evening wrapped up in an electric blanket. I'm freezing!

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

Fellow Oregonian. Went skiing on Mt. Hood today and spent the rest of the evening wrapped up in an electric blanket. I'm freezing!

We can't get up till the weekend after next because we are going to Disneyland. How's the snow?

We can't get up till the weekend after next because we are going to Disneyland. How's the snow?
Aww, it was sweet! We're supposed to have a huge storm tomorrow night, so there should be a ton when you get there.

,I'm from Miami and currently on a Xmas market vacation thru Germany, Austria, Czech rep., and Hungary and it's so cold, freezing, I'm an ice cube. Sure I'm not use to this, nor having fat to insulate me. But even layering up, after 2 hours (mostly we are 4-6 hours walking), my shoulder feel sharp knife stabbing pain. I assume, at 63, it's arthritis I must have as it dissapates once I'm back inside. Guess this will be my last winter vacation.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

I completely understand!!! Before I lost 221lbs with gastric bypass I was HOT and SWEATY all the time. I froze everyone I was around. Now I'm the complete opposite. I'm freezing all the time and I never thought I would ever say that. I just bought my first pair of long johns and I live in the south, North Carolina. I used to love the winter, now I dread it. I'm wearing clothes on top of clothes. Not a down side to losing 221lbs, just an adjustment. When I was heavy I always said I was going to move to Alaska, now I wouldn't dream of it, maybe Florida now lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App