Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Picked up post op meds

Picked up Vitamins

Put in leave of absence

Put in short term disability

Boyfriend got 2 days off

Son has a place to stay

I think i did everything but still feels like im missing something trying to go into this being prepared for the normal day to day stuff 5 days left and most of them will be spent with me working gotta make the most of the 2 days i have off before surgery. Did anyone else have a hard time putting things in order???

5 days untill WLS

@@ThinJenne I am sure I'm missing something to just because I am soo excited. I'm sure it'll come to me right before surgery LOL!!! Best of luck girl! You got this...

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Edited by QueenBx

Take a BIG breath!! Things have a way of working out!! You don't want your body to get stressed out before your surgery. I'm so excited about your upcoming Journey. I really look forward to following your weight loss!!

Plan what you will drink/eat the first week post surgery. Do you need to pick up some Protein shakes, creamed Soups, etc?

Had lapband surgery 10/12/16

Edited by Treadmillwalker

Definately dont stress about it. The biggest thing is making sure you have plenty of Water, homemade broth, and maybe even some sf popsicles or sf pudding. For the first week you won't eat much more than that.

Also, have a heating pad available. It helps with the gas pain.

Honestly for me this surgery was a piece of cake. It was getting used to the life changes after that are more difficult but it just takes a few weeks and you will be well on your way.

Hope all goes well! See you on the other side.

Plan what you will drink/eat the first week post surgery. Do you need to pick up some Protein shakes, creamed Soups, etc?

Had lapband surgery 10/12/16

Thank you i will get on that bc my caretaker is not only going back to work but he is starting his second job as well soo that would be a BIG help thank you

5 days untill WLS

If your boyfriend can only be home with you for 2 days, it wouldn't be a bad idea to line up a friend or relative that you can call on if you need help during the day such as picking up prescription or taking you to follow-up appointment. You won't be able to drive for a few weeks (takes a while for general anesthesia to get out of your system) so expect to be housebound or get a ride with Uber or a friend.

I also did a test run with ordering groceries delivered.

I'm sure you'll do great and recover quickly -- best of luck to you!

Oh hey, I found a sticky topic in the general weight loss forum that links to a surgery checklist. You might find it helpful!

The Official What You Will Need For Your Upcoming Weightloss Surgery Thread!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/181994-The-Official-What-You-Will-Need-For-Your-Upcoming-Weightloss-Surgery-Thread%21

Definately dont stress about it. The biggest thing is making sure you have plenty of Water, homemade broth, and maybe even some sf popsicles or sf pudding. For the first week you won't eat much more than that.

Also, have a heating pad available. It helps with the gas pain.

Honestly for me this surgery was a piece of cake. It was getting used to the life changes after that are more difficult but it just takes a few weeks and you will be well on your way.

Hope all goes well! See you on the other side.

Everything she said....plus get all your laundry done before - bending and lifting will be hard for a week or so.

good luck! you must be so excited. :)

I am very excited but you guys are big help and that clams my nerves im trying to svae my break down and what ifs the day of surgery after they prep me when its too late to chicken out lol

4 days untill WLS

I am doing okay! Just got over an stomach infection other than that I'm good. Thanks for asking. Do you take Zofran for the nausea it's a prescription but it's really good?