Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know I've read so much on the dreaded 3 weeks stall. I am 3 weeks out today and have stalled on the scale since week two. even reading about it still feel mentally unprepared. I keep thinking the surgery isn't working for me lol I know crazy. .or that maybe I'm eating too much. .

I get about 55oz of Water each day and between 50-65 grams of protien . My goal is 60-70 .. try my best but it's hard some days.

So I guess my question is so I need to change something or do you just let it pass?

Ps. I have also put my scale away so I will not be weighing myself until my month post op apt.

But this is literally driving me crazy. Even though I know it happens... and it's normal. Ugh.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using the BariatricPal App

I know I've read so much on the dreaded 3 weeks stall. I am 3 weeks out today and have stalled on the scale since week two. even reading about it still feel mentally unprepared. I keep thinking the surgery isn't working for me lol I know crazy. .or that maybe I'm eating too much. .

I get about 55oz of Water each day and between 50-65 grams of protien . My goal is 60-70 .. try my best but it's hard some days.

So I guess my question is so I need to change something or do you just let it pass?

Ps. I have also put my scale away so I will not be weighing myself until my month post op apt.

But this is literally driving me crazy. Even though I know it happens... and it's normal. Ugh.

Let it pass. I didn't lose a thing from 7 days post til 22 days. I was enraged b/c I was self pay and thought I'd wasted all this money and put myself through surgery.

Week 3 I lost 9 lbs. I guess my 3 week stall came week early!

Try keeping off the scale for a week. Now that I've broken a stall each one is getting easier to handle because I know that it's just a matter of time. You'll start losing again as long as you stay on plan.

Edited by ella37

Let it pass. I didn't lose a thing from 7 days post til 22 days. I was enraged b/c I was self pay and thought I'd wasted all this money and put myself through surgery.

Try keeping off the scale for a week. Now that I've broken a stall each one is getting easier to handle because I know that it's just a matter of time. You'll start losing again as long as you stay on plan.

Thank you this gives me hope. :) doesn't it just feel like forever? That's the hard part waiting for it to break. I sure hope it gets easier lol scale is away. I never owned a scale before should have kept it that way maybe it wouldn't stress me out as much lol

Thank you this gives me hope. :) doesn't it just feel like forever? That's the hard part waiting for it to break. I sure hope it gets easier lol scale is away. I never owned a scale before should have kept it that way maybe it wouldn't stress me out as much lol

YES, it feels like forever! I was still on liquids and was so pissed, lol. Like wtf, I'm not even eating food and I'm not losing anything. I told my nurse about it at my one month post and she said that our weight loss isn't perfectly linear, we lose weight in steps more than a straight line.

Just stick to your plan, it'll happen!

YES, it feels like forever! I was still on liquids and was so pissed, lol. Like wtf, I'm not even eating food and I'm not losing anything. I told my nurse about it at my one month post and she said that our weight loss isn't perfectly linear, we lose weight in steps more than a straight line.

Just stick to your plan, it'll happen!

That's how I'm feeling is angry lol. Like seriously question wth could I be doing that is causing this . Even though I read and read and see its normal. But still. Don't think any amount of reading about it prepares you for what you feel after!

Your stall Def came early just like mine too. Ah thanks for your words it's great to just feel like I'm not a complete idiot and failure lol.

I have done amazing at sticking to my plan so I think it makes me expect to just keep dropping the lbs lol but no. Not reality.

My 3 week stall lasted 9 excruciating days and when it was over, 5lbs.the next week. As long as you are doing what you should be doing, the weight loss will come. We just have to be patient. ;)

"Embrace the stall", "It's not a sprint, it's a marathon", "slow and steady wins the race", BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!! No mental preparation helps when the stall hits. UGH!

Wow. It's like I wrote this topic!

My surgery was Nov 9th. Since surgery I've only lost 11lbs and that was all the 1st week home. (After I gained it right after surgery)

I was self pay also. I paid a lot and will still be paying this loan back.

So it's frustrating when it's not coming off.

I think of all the stuff I'm NOT eating or drinking and wonder how in the world is it not flying off of me?

I guess we read about the stalls but think " nah it won't happen to me".

But of course it does!

I keep saying. "This too shall pass".

I think when it happens to us, we get nervous that the surgery didn't work or something must be wrong etc...

They should have a forum called "after the stall" lol

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'd recommend both: Let it pass, but, if you can, try to modify your diet. Shoot for 80 grams Protein a day and at least 64 oz. of Water a day. Mixing your Protein powder with Fairlife Ultra fat free milk will help. Each cup contains 13 g of Protein.< /p>

I also experienced a weight loss slowdown at week 3. I think my body is bouncing back, though:

Week 1: -7.2 lb.

Week 2: -7.8 lb.

Week 3: -2.2 lb.

Week 4: -4 lb.

Stalls are something you may as well get used to. They happen periodically for many of us. The weight doesn't just fall off and it doesn't come off in a linear manor. I've let my frustration go and it makes life so much more enjoyable.

If you stick to your plan and do your part your body will do its part in the best way for it. Our bodies are very intricate and complicated. And if pounds aren't coming off, you will likely lose inches.

Ugh so know the feeling. I hit my 3 wk post op on Monday and I've stalled week 2 sleeve 11-14

It is by far the hardest thing I've come across my journey so far but finally after those long 2 weeks I am down 2 more lbs! I had RNY 11-7

We're a week apart!

Hiya

I had my sleeve on Oct 14th and the weight just fell off until 23 Nov and it's not moved since....

The intellectual mind says "it's a stall, no problem" but the impatient mind keeps asking "what the hell is going on??"

Learning to listen to the first one is difficult