Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Weak on Pre-Op Diet

On day 10 of 14, and I've felt weak the last couple days. Part of this is probably due to overexerting myself this weekend as I helped my father with logsplitting. Lots of bending up and down and heavy lifting Saturday. (I do notice feeling a bit lightheaded on the diet while getting up quickly.)

Anyone else experience similar syndromes? My stools have often been loose the last few days too.

My pre-op diet allows lean Proteins and veggies, with limited fruit and nonfat Greek yogurt. Targeting 800-1000 calories daily. On most days I hit at least 100 grams of Protein.

Edited by Ignatius

Are you drinking enough? are you taking blood pressure medication? Do you have access to a blood pressure reader? You might want to discuss with PCP or surgeon... Good luck on your journey

@@defibvt Over the last few days I've gotten at least 80 oz. of Water, but maybe I should push for at least 100. That might be it. Thanks.

I know I felt that way too, especially in the last few days and i was on a 14 day liquid only diet.

It is probably not a good idea to overexert the next fews days though.

Best of luck to you and congratulations on your upcoming surgery!

You think you are weak now, just wait until post-op! I swear a kitten could have mauled me do death I was so weak. But endure it knowing that it is only temporary.

@@BigViffer That's no good. My cat already thinks I'm a pushover.

On day 10 of 14, and I've felt weak the last couple days. Part of this is probably due to overexerting myself this weekend as I helped my father with logsplitting. Lots of bending up and down and heavy lifting Saturday. (I do notice feeling a bit lightheaded on the diet while getting up quickly.)

Anyone else experience similar syndromes? My stools have often been loose the last few days too.

My pre-op diet allows lean Proteins and veggies, with limited fruit and nonfat Greek yogurt. Targeting 800-1000 calories daily. On most days I hit at least 100 grams of Protein.

I felt like I had the flu for about 5 days when on the pre op diet. Hopefully you were already off caffeine or you may be getting those withdrawals too. Surgeon told me that I would probably feel that way on the pre op diet.

aggietop

That's funny! Good luck with surgery!! I am in the two week wait... waiting for my insurance approval or denial. Ugh.

i started my Multivitamin patch during my pre-surgery diet. I found that really made a difference.

It may just be due to over doing but...I would make sure to get plenty of fluids in. It also could be not as many calories as your used to. I had to do 2 weeks of Protein drinks preop and 4 weeks of them postop. I do remember feeling woozy when I stood up fast or bending over did it too.

The calorie restriction is sudden and STEEP on the pre-op diet, so it's no wonder. Especially because you're going sugar-free, and there's a certain amount of "sugar detox" that you go through with it. Eventually, your energy will come back. Your body has to adjust.

I had a 4-week pre-op diet and felt weak during the second week into it, but my body adjusted once into ketosis. I also had diarrhea sometime between the first and second week. Again, this is due to the transition from a carbohydrate heavy diet to a low carb diet. Once in ketosis, this subsides... You'll get through it and do great!