Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had gastric sleeve by Dr Umbach in Las Vegas. He runs Blossom Barriatric like a mill. He goes too fast because it's a money making factory there. Consequently, his speed nearly killed me. They tried to take me out of anesthesia too quickly using narcan. The paralytic was still in effect. I went into Respiratory Arrest and when I opened my eyes was in a hospital in ICU on a ventilator. Scariest thing that ever happened to me in my life. He also set a hot instrument on me and I had a 3rd degree burn on my stomach. In any case, I lost 20 pounds during the first 6 weeks and have not lost anymore weight. It's been 4 months. Has this happened to anyone else? I feel hungry every three hours. Pretty depressed especially after I spent 12,500.00 ..almost died and was burned during the procedure.

Sent from my SM-N930V using the BariatricPal App

My God! I can't believe what you went through?! That's inexcusable! Have you looked into medical malpractice?

That being said, without more specifics it's hard to give you some guidance. And hell, for all we know he may have totally botched your sleeve surgery also. Have you looked into have an endoscopy just to see if the sleeve is as it should be?

How much Protein are you getting a day? Calories? Carbs? Are you tracking, drinking lots of fluids and keeping simple carbs down? Are you able to move more? If your sleeve is working properly, you have to help it along by taking all those things into consideration.

How awful. I am so sorry you had to experience such awful care.

As to why you are no longer losing weight it would be very helpful to know what you are doing. You may be hungry every three hours because you need more Protein? Or, if you are eating carbs and sugar you may be craving more. You may not be eating enough or you may be eating too much. Without more information or is hard to know.

Are you tracking your food?

What is your Protein target?

Are you reaching your protein target every day?

Are you drinking at least 64 oz of Fluid every day?

Are you avoiding added sugars (especially high fructose corn syrup), starches and fried foods?

Are you practicing mindful eating?

Are you taking your Vitamins and supplements as directed?

Are you exercising?

Do you have a NUT?

Man, what an awful experience. My surgeon also runs a high-volume practice, but he was totally professional and everything was done as it should have been, no real complications.

Too much we don't know right now though, not even sure what procedure you had done. How much you're able to eat, what kinds of things you're eating, etc... If you had gastric bypass or sleeve, you should not be feeling hungry right now (a lot of people mistake the rumbling stomach for hunger, which it's not...it's a byproduct of the surgery). You probably have mental hunger, which is a byproduct of not having gone through the mental process of letting go of the old way of eating and the old habits fully. But we'd need to know more about the procedure you had and what you're eating, to suggest where your stall might be coming from.

But also remember that the body loses how it loses. Everyone is different and it doesn't happen on your schedule. If you're in a significant calorie deficit every day, you WILL lose the weight. It just doesn't necessarily happen the way you expect it should.

I had a gastric sleeve. I suppose I have given up and am not eating the way I should. I don't eat too much because if I do, I will vomit. But I've noticed that doesn't happen as often as it used to happen.

As to why you are no longer losing weight it would be very helpful to know what you are doing. You may be hungry every three hours because you need more Protein? Or, if you are eating carbs and sugar you may be craving more. You may not be eating enough or you may be eating too much. Without more information or is hard to know.

Are you avoiding added sugars (especially high fructose corn syrup), starches and fried foods?

Are you exercising?

Do you have a NUT?

Your questions are excellent. I am eating pretty much the same foods I ate before but much lesser quantity. I don't drink Protein shakes anymore. Today for example, I ate a half of English muffin, a half macaroni and cheese smallfrozrn dinner and a pickle. I'm not doing very good but I think it's because when I was doing good, I stopped losing weight. I am not on any exercise program as I have a knee that is needing surgery. I have diabetes on insulin and am taking prednisone for PMR. I weigh about 170..at 5ft 3inches. I know insulin and prednisone is bad.

"Cheryl1517, I thought I had it bad... that is awful to hear. Have you gone to another Dr to see if they can do an ultrasound to see how much he cut away? Just seems odd. And you paid out of pocket?

Your following the diet?

Michelle Rose

Spring TX 77373

Your eating garbage and not moving and you wonder why your not losing? Were you not given any guidance / direction ? Or do ignore them because your special?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

"Cheryl1517, I thought I had it bad... that is awful to hear. Have you gone to another Dr to see if they can do an ultrasound to see how much he cut away? Just seems odd. And you paid out of pocket?

Your following the diet?

Michelle Rose

Spring TX 77373

I should go to another surgeon to see how much he cut away. After finding the 3rd degree burn on my abdomen, he probably wasn't paying much attention. Thank you for your caring.

Are you exercising?

Do you have a NUT?

Your questions are excellent. I am eating pretty much the same foods I ate before but much lesser quantity. I don't drink Protein shakes anymore. Today for example, I ate a half of English muffin, a half macaroni and cheese smallfrozrn dinner and a pickle. I'm not doing very good but I think it's because when I was doing good, I stopped losing weight. I am not on any exercise program as I have a knee that is needing surgery. I have diabetes on insulin and am taking prednisone for PMR. I weigh about 170..at 5ft 3inches. I know insulin and prednisone is bad.

No wonder you aren't losing weight: you are restricting calories while not eating nutritious food. You need PROTEIN.

It's not too late, what you went through sounds awful! So sorry.

Hope you can get back on track xx

I'm very very sorry about what you went through, and agree with @@Babbs on the malpractice. When it comes to your weight, I highly advise low carb and high high Protein. I'm not sure how far out you are, but I cannot eat Pasta or bread. Those are empty carbs and not giving you any nutrients.

I hope things go better - I understand how you can slip up after that kind of trauma, but get your mind back in the game so you stop eating the wrong foods.

Have you looked into a therapist? I see one every week and it's very valuable. Best wishes!