Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Jewelry and Clothes

I am new to this forum. I enjoy reading the posts. My question is, how everyone handled their rings once they lost weight? Did you have your rings re-sized, or wear spacers?

Also a friend of mine has been using "arm spanks" has anyone else tried them. She says they are wonderful!!!

I just bought smaller rings since nothing I owned was very expensive. I'm getting divorced so I haven't had to worry about resizing my engagement/wedding rings LOL

I didn't know arm spanks were a thing.

Hi There!

The ring thing for me was a big deal. My hubby was very good to me in that department and I was terrified I would lose my wedding and anniversary rings.

So, when they became too loose, I started with spacers because I still had quite a bit of weight to lose. I wore the spacers until they actually broke. I was still about 30lbs from goal but decided to get them sized anyway.

They are a tiny bit loose now but totally fine. I noticed if I drop down another 3 to 5 lbs then they really get loose and that is below my goal anyway.

It is funny you mention arm spanks. LOL. I had very large bat wings and had a Brachioplasty 7 weeks ago today. So now I am wearing compression sleeves and I have thought a few times, why didn't I wear these to help compress my arms when they were huge. Now, my arms are awesome! Like brand new, I think they look 20 years younger than the rest of me. LOL.

I am new to this forum. I enjoy reading the posts. My question is, how everyone handled their rings once they lost weight? Did you have your rings re-sized, or wear spacers?

Also a friend of mine has been using "arm spanks" has anyone else tried them. She says they are wonderful!!!

Yes mine is sliding off my finger

Sent from my VS987 using the BariatricPal App

I only wish this question came up earlier. I'm not sure I ever noticed my rings were getting loose. But the worst thing happened: my grandmother's wedding ring (24k, wide band) fell off, and I never saw it again. A heart breaking loss. :(

My advice is get whatever you need to make them fit NOW. Some things you cannot replace and will break your heart if you lose.

What are arm spanks?

As for my rings i was supposed to get them resized at some point but never did. I am glad now because they fit again ????

Hi There!

The ring thing for me was a big deal. My hubby was very good to me in that department and I was terrified I would lose my wedding and anniversary rings.

So, when they became too loose, I started with spacers because I still had quite a bit of weight to lose. I wore the spacers until they actually broke. I was still about 30lbs from goal but decided to get them sized anyway.

They are a tiny bit loose now but totally fine. I noticed if I drop down another 3 to 5 lbs then they really get loose and that is below my goal anyway.

It is funny you mention arm spanks. LOL. I had very large bat wings and had a Brachioplasty 7 weeks ago today. So now I am wearing compression sleeves and I have thought a few times, why didn't I wear these to help compress my arms when they were huge. Now, my arms are awesome! Like brand new, I think they look 20 years younger than the rest of me. LOL.

Im wondering how much that surgery costs approximately? Did you get it in US or MX? Just trying to figure what this is going to end up costing in long run after tucks n lifts

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

@@Brenda Sherwood

I had my surgery in Delafield Wi, very close to my home. I had it done in the morning, it took about 5 hours and I went home around 4pm that day.

My plastic surgeon is a perfectionist and ensures a fully contoured result so that is why it took longer, she had to work hard on my left arm and she wanted them perfectly the same. I am glad that I had only the Brachioplasty done at first by itself. Just looking on real self, I think I got a much better result and had I had it done with another procedure, I would be afraid it would have been more rushed to get through surgery in 6 hours.

My Brachioplasty cost 5950.00 and that included my original compression garments which I was given 3 and the BioCorneum silicone creme I have to put on twice per day for 12 weeks.

My husband and I thought that was very reasonable compared to others but we loved the surgeon and that is why we moved forward with her.

I personally would not look for a deal but make sure you are very comfortable with your surgeon. I was lucky enough to find someone who had a 5 out of 5 star rating with her patients and she was reasonable.

Next I am having a Abdominalplasty and breast lift with augmentation and that will cost 17,500 which includes one night in the hospital.

Probably 8 weeks from now.

@@Dee755

They are actually compression garments for your upper arms. You can get them at most medical supply stores. They will even measure you so you get the perfect size.

They are not cheap but had I not had Brachioplasty I would have purchased a pair to deal with my very flabby arms.

Now I don't have to, in fact I am wearing a sleeveless top today outside for the 2nd time in probably 30 years.

@@Brenda Sherwood

I had my surgery in Delafield Wi, very close to my home. I had it done in the morning, it took about 5 hours and I went home around 4pm that day.

My plastic surgeon is a perfectionist and ensures a fully contoured result so that is why it took longer, she had to work hard on my left arm and she wanted them perfectly the same. I am glad that I had only the Brachioplasty done at first by itself. Just looking on real self, I think I got a much better result and had I had it done with another procedure, I would be afraid it would have been more rushed to get through surgery in 6 hours.

My Brachioplasty cost 5950.00 and that included my original compression garments which I was given 3 and the BioCorneum silicone creme I have to put on twice per day for 12 weeks.

My husband and I thought that was very reasonable compared to others but we loved the surgeon and that is why we moved forward with her.

I personally would not look for a deal but make sure you are very comfortable with your surgeon. I was lucky enough to find someone who had a 5 out of 5 star rating with her patients and she was reasonable.

Next I am having a Abdominalplasty and breast lift with augmentation and that will cost 17,500 which includes one night in the hospital.

Probably 8 weeks from now.

We need to make time to meet! I'm in the NW suburbs of Chicago, and have friends up in the Oconomowoc area!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I live near Occonomowoc in Pewaukee. Had my plastics at the hospital in Occonomowoc.

Oh, and I was just in Chicago today.....it was my layover coming from Austin Texas. LOL

Small world hey!

I definitely plan to use the compression garments. I also plan to just take off my rings before I get the spacer. My BFF lost her mother's ring. Sigh

Sent from cyberdiva's iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My rings have gotten loose. But I have rheumatoid arthritis, so there are days (like today) where they're swollen, and my rings fit right this second. Before the surgery, I couldn't wear my rings on most days.

Eventually, I'll have to get a new wedding band, because we got tungsten carbide rings and they can't be resized. But hubby says he'll be happy to buy me a new ring at that point. :) Some of my other rings I'll get resized.

I'm just super careful when washing my hands, as that's the time I tend to lose rings. :)