Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't sleep anymore..

I am about to be one month post op and just started sleeping on my sides, stomach, etc.. but now I cannot sleep anymore. Before when I was sleeping on my back, I hated it but I would stay asleep. Now I am tossing and turning all night...anyone recommend anything?

As the weight fell off after surgery, the fat that normally provided a cushion between my legs began to disappear. Therefore I had knee bone rubbing against knee bone and this was uncomfortable. I found that slipping a pillow between my legs at night helped.

sleeping was something I had to get used to because of becoming boney. You'll eventually find what works. Like above I sleep with lots of pillows that I can use between legs

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

i bought a body pillow, it helped tremendously!

Thank you all :)

I have trouble sleeping because I have sooooo much energy now and I guess I don't have all the carbs dragging me down.

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

Yeah I think this is my case. I'm 2 weeks post op and I lady there with my eyes open like, what now? Lol

Dawnie_doo

Me too can't sleep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using the BariatricPal App

Hello everyone, I got sleeved on 8/5. Exactly 3 weeks ago. I have recovered so quickly, it is almost ridiculous. I have been able to eat everything. I switched to regular solid  food (which I chew really well) within 4 days after surgery. I love the sensation of getting full and leaving food on my plate. This had never happened before in my entire life! It is so empowering and liberating...

But I can't sleep at night despite keeping active during the day--I go for long walks or cycle in the afternoons. I go to bed around 9:30 PM or 10:00 PM but I am up until 3-4 AM, tossing and turning. My insomnia also leads to late night eating. I have eaten nuts and yogurt, feeling very guilty. As a result my weight loss has slowed down. I have only lost 10 lb in the 3 weeks since my surgery (I'm 5.8" and weighed 258.5 on day of surgery. BMI 38).

I'd love to know if any of you have been able to successfully tackle insomnia?

Much thanks!

Getting up earlier has helped me. I used to get up around 6:00 and now it is aground 5:00. By the time I get home and do my evening routine, I am exhausted. sleep around 9:30/10:00 sleep pulls me to the pillow.