Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery went well not to much pain just gas. I just can't seem to tell when I'm full. My stomach growls all the time and makes other noises. Im hungry all the time. I'm tempted to call my surgeon and ask him how much of my stomach did he take and can he please take some more. No seriously though my stomach growls while I'm eating. Anybody else experiencing this.

Sent from my SM-G530T using the BariatricPal App

Different people react very differently to the surgery. Talk to your doc of course but I don't think growling is all that bad. Better then pain, gas or upset stomach. As far as not knowing when you are full, don't worry you will get the hang of it as time goes on. Once you are on a varied, normal diet you will know when you are comfortable, full or sickly full. Of course pay close attention to what your body is telling you and don't ever let yourself get to that sickly full feeling. EAT SLOWLY! Best advice I could give. Your eyes are lot more hungry then you actually are.

My surgery went well not to much pain just gas. I just can't seem to tell when I'm full. My stomach growls all the time and makes other noises. Im hungry all the time. I'm tempted to call my surgeon and ask him how much of my stomach did he take and can he please take some more. No seriously though my stomach growls while I'm eating. Anybody else experiencing this.

Sent from my SM-G530T using the BariatricPal App

It is probably stomach acid that you think is hunger. Try taking a PPI and if you weren't prescribed one - ask for one. The noises are normal - it's not hunger noises. You will not feel full - your stomach has a lot of healing to do. Keep drinking! Once you are cleared for purees - stick with the amount in your guidelines from your surgeon. You don't want to be full. Hang in there.

Thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate it. I wasn't sure what was going on in there. No I'm not eating food yet full liquids.

I am also 3 days post op and had the same noises, but I think it was all the gas that was left over. Now on my third day the noise has gone but I can also eat more than what others have posted pics of, only I haven't and have deliberately stopped myself as I am too scared to have to deal with that can happen if I get over full. I have had my 5 "meals" including Snacks for the day but find it hard to drink the amount of Water I need to . So tomm I think I will eat only 4 times and uk my Water . Haven't lost any weight yet but I think maybe cause of the Iv it's too soon. I really hope this works!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am also 3 days post op and had the same noises, but I think it was all the gas that was left over. Now on my third day the noise has gone but I can also eat more than what others have posted pics of, only I haven't and have deliberately stopped myself as I am too scared to have to deal with that can happen if I get over full. I have had my 5 "meals" including Snacks for the day but find it hard to drink the amount of Water I need to . So tomm I think I will eat only 4 times and uk my Water . Haven't lost any weight yet but I think maybe cause of the Iv it's too soon. I really hope this works!!

What are you eating at 3 days Post-op?

Glad your surgery went well. That noise is from your intestines. I was given a chart and you probably were as well of how much food to eat or drink depending on your personal timeline. I would stick to that and drink Water thirty minutes later if you're still feeling hungry. Be careful not to confuse real hunger with head hunger, that can happen too. Best wishes.

Thanks so much. I wasn't given any chart , just told to eat till I was satisfied!! Right now as I am on my liquid phase I am just having tea and Water and Soup and yoghurt. Which I am guessing and is classed by by nut as is all liquid. But don't want to overdo it. But I think I am still under my 64oz so should be ok

I have had 3 tablespoons of Greek yoghurt for Breakfast. Then lentil Soup for lunch and dinner. My snack was a pudding cup but could only eat 1/2 of it

Oh yes and I had a cup of tea too which helped to real ease the gas!

Are you drinking Protein shakes? liquids or foods like you are eating go through your sleeve quickly. You should definitely stick to portion size(1-2ozs) because your stomach is still swollen and healing and the nerves aren't able to tell you you're full. You don't want to get full and possibly sick. Many plans are full liquids for at least the 1st week because it's so important to get your fluids. I would concentrate on Protein Shakes and liquids for now.

I see! At my office we were given strict instructions on what to and not to consume and how much depending on how far out we are. It sounds like you are doing the best thing. I know it has to be kind of scary. I'm still pre op so I can only go by what has been drilled into my head... Lol

BTW along with many classes we were given a giant binder and all those rules are in that binder. I was mistaken by writing a "chart" hahahahahahaha

Ok, great! Thanks for your help. Tomm Protein shakes it is. !!! Thanks so much!! Also quick question. Did you change your dressings or wait for them to fall off??

Ok, great! Thanks for your help. Tomm Protein Shakes it is. !!! Thanks so much!! Also quick question. Did you wait for your dressings to fall off or did you take them and change them?