Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone with a high BMI?

Hey guys! I'm getting sleeved July 1st. I have a BMI of 68. I'm in several groups, and I haven't seen anyone similar to me. I'm 26, 5'2, and 368 lbs. Anyone with similar stats??? I would love to make some friends :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using the BariatricPal App

Hi there! I don't have the stats you're looking for - but I will be looking to see your progress. this is a wild ride!

I am quite a bit older than you, taller, and started at a considerably higher BMI and weight than you. But, I am fairly close to your weight now (I am down over 200 pounds from my highest weight).

I was sleeved April 20, 2015.

Best of luck with your surgery!

I am 1 month post op from bypass surgery. On date of surgery I was 389 and 5'3"

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

We're pretty close! How are you doing?

Hi there! I don't have the stats you're looking for - but I will be looking to see your progress. this is a wild ride!

Thanks! :) :)

Thanks! :) :)

I am quite a bit older than you, taller, and started at a considerably higher BMI and weight than you. But, I am fairly close to your weight now (I am down over 200 pounds from my highest weight).

Oh my gosh! You're doing amazing! What kind of exercise do you do? And how did you feel right after the surgery?

I am 5'5" and at my heaviest I was 376. I lost some before pursuing WLS and i was 319 at surgery. I had the sleeve done on 9/28/15 and I am down to 196.8 today. Top is at my heaviest then purple shirt is week of surgery and then last one is about a week ago.

post-256922-14654005182611_thumb.jpg

post-256922-14654005382797_thumb.jpg

Edited to add in - sorry I just realized this was in the twenties forum, I am in my 30s but still had the high bmi etc to start with. Good luck to all!

Edited by reree6898

I'm doing great. I only am going to weigh in at my monthly check ups. I did a 10lb loss in 10 days post op at my first check in. My clothes are not tight anymore, so I go back the 23rd and I feel like I lost 20ish pounds from last check up already. So by the 23rd I would expect a 25lb loss from the last weigh in.

You'll do great! Only regret was not doing this sooner.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

I am 5'5" and at my heaviest I was 376. I lost some before pursuing WLS and i was 319 at surgery. I had the sleeve done on 9/28/15 and I am down to 196.8 today. Top is at my heaviest then purple shirt is week of surgery and then last one is about a week ago.

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1465400515.942816.jpg

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1465400537.144843.jpg

Edited to add in - sorry I just realized this was in the twenties forum, I am in my 30s but still had the high bmi etc to start with. Good luck to all!

You look amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Oh my gosh! You're doing amazing! What kind of exercise do you do? And how did you feel right after the surgery?

Thank you. I feel great and am regaining my mobility.

My exercise of choice is swimming.

I started with deep Water aerobics and weights and now I do a mix of swimming laps, deep Water aerobics, and water weights: almost all of my exercise is in the pool.

I had a great experience with my surgery, recovery, and progress. It was my first surgery ever so the worst part of the whole process was some delays due to financing issues and the pre-op uncertainty.

Post-op, I had a sore shoulder from gas and a little bit of Constipation.< /p>

The hardest thing was drinking water.

It has already changed my life and it is only going to get better.

Swimming has always been (and remains) the only exercise that I actually enjoy. There is a Water Zumba in my area that I really want to try.

And thank you guys so much for posting! I feel a lot better now that I've heard from you guys :)

Hey guys! I'm getting sleeved July 1st. I have a BMI of 68. I'm in several groups, and I haven't seen anyone similar to me. I'm 26, 5'2, and 368 lbs. Anyone with similar stats??? I would love to make some friends :)

Yes i also have a high bmi im 25 weight 469 bmi 71.3

Sent from my LG-K373 using the BariatricPal App

I have got very similar states to you. I am 5'4 360 pounds with a bmi of 62. I am also have surgery on the 5th of July!

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

Hi Tiffany. My names Rhonda, I'm 5'3", 32 years old and am 331 lbs. My BMI is 61. I am going to the doctor for psych eval, labs, nut on August 9th do hopefully I won't be that far behind ya. Good luck and howdy friend!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using the BariatricPal App