Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my sleeve surgery on 5/5/16...and I have regret it every since. I had to go through 7 months of class to know everything about the surgery.. Since the surgery I haven't been able to keep any food or beverage down... Not even Water.. I lost 25 in 7 days due to my lack of nutrition.. I came back to the hospital because of dehydration.. Then I was re admitted for vomiting and dehydration...Eventually I had to get a P.I.C line in my arm and now I get all my food(in liquid form) in a bag through that I.V... I'm sorry for the long post but I wanted to know if anyone else is/has gone through a similar situation... There are so other factors that I failed to mention for the sake of the length...but please feel free to respond... Any help is appreciated

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

Twenty-five pounds in a week? Hmmm... That's almost physically impossible (unless you are Micheal Phelps) as you would have to burn an average of 12.500 calories a day more than you are consuming. I am sure your surgeon is much more qualified to help you and advise you than anyone here in such an extreme situation.

Best wishes.

I hope you get better!!! sending you hugs

Wow !!! I am

So sorry To Hear this. What do the doctors say ???? What do they recommended ?!! I really

Hope you get better soon !

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Well I'm just taking it easy... Day by day... They want to see how I do with pic line... My doctor was extremely concerned about the drastic weight loss...but I was able to gain 7 with the pic line

I'm 2 weeks tomorrow an with my emotions and all this i feel like I've made a mistake I've cried for days an have no idea why I've never been much of a crying woman but I'm having some kind of crazy hormone issue I wished I hadn't of had this if I knew 2 weeks ago I would be feeling this way I'd never had it done hope u feel better

Sent from my SM-G928V using the BariatricPal App

I had my sleeve surgery on 5/5/16...and I have regret it every since. I had to go through 7 months of class to know everything about the surgery.. Since the surgery I haven't been able to keep any food or beverage down... Not even Water.. I lost 25 in 7 days due to my lack of nutrition.. I came back to the hospital because of dehydration.. Then I was re admitted for vomiting and dehydration...Eventually I had to get a P.I.C line in my arm and now I get all my food(in liquid form) in a bag through that I.V... I'm sorry for the long post but I wanted to know if anyone else is/has gone through a similar situation... There are so other factors that I failed to mention for the sake of the length...but please feel free to respond... Any help is appreciated

So sorry you are having these problems. Hopefully you stomach will begin to heal and the swelling will go down so that you will soon be able to sip fluids.

In 7 months they should have warned you that you need to sip Water eat small amounts of Jello and ice pops for the first few weeks. It sounds like you were trying to eat and drink like you did before surgery. I was having difficulty adapting to this way of life after my surgery on May 25th. I too went back to the emergency for dehydration. It will take time and patience. Don't give up just please sip a 1 ounce cup every 15 minutes. Once your comfortable with that sip a one ounce cup of Orgain Protein drink and sip a one ounce cup for every three ounces of Water that you drink.

I'm 2 weeks tomorrow an with my emotions and all this i feel like I've made a mistake I've cried for days an have no idea why I've never been much of a crying woman but I'm having some kind of crazy hormone issue I wished I hadn't of had this if I knew 2 weeks ago I would be feeling this way I'd never had it done hope u feel better

@lezz39. Hang in there. You will start to feel stronger and better every day. Go back and read any journal entries you may have made that lead you to have this surgery. I am just 4 weeks out and life is beginning to feel much more normal. I am back at work. Taking long walks. Went to a restaurant tonight for the first time since my surgery. Best is in losing 20 lbs so far my knees, ankles, and feet are already feeling better (less pain).

Hope you begin to feel happier about your decision to have the surgery soon.

In 7 months they should have warned you that you need to sip Water eat small amounts of Jello and ice pops for the first few weeks. It sounds like you were trying to eat and drink like you did before surgery. I was having difficulty adapting to this way of life after my surgery on May 25th. I too went back to the emergency for dehydration. It will take time and patience. Don't give up just please sip a 1 ounce cup every 15 minutes. Once your comfortable with that sip a one ounce cup of Orgain Protein drink and sip a one ounce cup for every three ounces of Water that you drink.

I was only doing Jello, Popsicle,chicken broth and water... I couldn't keep any of it down... Trust me in 7 months I learned that I couldn't eat the same way I was

Sorry for what your going through... Be sure that pic line gets flushed frequently...

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them"

Einstein

This is actually normal. Fat stores estrogen so as you loose weight it is released into your blood. Ever since surgery i am a weeping trainwreck that time of the month. Never was like that before

Twenty-five pounds in a week? Hmmm... That's almost physically impossible (unless you are Micheal Phelps) as you would have to burn an average of 12.500 calories a day more than you are consuming. I am sure your surgeon is much more qualified to help you and advise you than anyone here in such an extreme situation.

Best wishes.

You're forgetting to take into account the dehydration. Sure it'd be tough to lose that much fat but you can lose an awful lot just from dehydration. A liter of Water is 2.2 pounds.