Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any recommendations for activity tracker?

I am trying to decide on what type to purchase. If you have one you love, would you mind posting the brand and the benefits of this band. If it is worth it I don't mind paying a little more.

Thanks guys!

Surgery date of 6/3/16.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have a fitbit and I love it. I have worn one daily since 2011. Since I have had my fitbit for so long, I never had the chance to use the other fitness trackers because most of them appeared later. I wear the fitbit ultra on my bra daily. I like how small it is. I like how it easily syncs to myfitnesspal and i like the information that you can see on your fitbit and the free app that shows and stores all your data. I can see steps and calories burned and my sleep and since it syncs to myfitnesspal it shows the calories I have eaten vs burned for the day. I know that some trackers require you to pay a fee to see your information on the computer. I have weights and activity stored on the fitbit website since 2011. I just think it is easy. They do have ones you can wear on your wrist. I wore the first one they had years ago but I preferred the one I wear on my bra. Now they have several different ones available that also track your heart rate. I haven't tried those.

I have a fitbit and I love it. I have worn one daily since 2011. Since I have had my fitbit for so long, I never had the chance to use the other fitness trackers because most of them appeared later. I wear the fitbit ultra on my bra daily. I like how small it is. I like how it easily syncs to myfitnesspal and i like the information that you can see on your fitbit and the free app that shows and stores all your data. I can see steps and calories burned and my sleep and since it syncs to myfitnesspal it shows the calories I have eaten vs burned for the day. I know that some trackers require you to pay a fee to see your information on the computer. I have weights and activity stored on the fitbit website since 2011. I just think it is easy. They do have ones you can wear on your wrist. I wore the first one they had years ago but I preferred the one I wear on my bra. Now they have several different ones available that also track your heart rate. I haven't tried those.

I've had my Fitbit for about a week now and I love it! I have heard other people mention that it syncs to certain apps, like MFP and Lose It. But, is there a reason to sync? It seems to me that the Fitbit app has all the necessary stuff. I'm just trying to figure out if I'm missing something by not using an app other than Fitbit.

Personally I don't think you missing anything... In the tech age I think people just like to have gadgets connecting with as many things as possible... Personally I like keep it simple, how many steps have a gone and how many more to go to meet my goal on a given day... I have an older version of the wrist fit bit, I found it often picked up movements of the hand as a step... I do talk with my hands, maybe that's burns calories that I had not thought of lok

Edited by nyteacher125

I've had my Fitbit for about a week now and I love it! I have heard other people mention that it syncs to certain apps, like MFP and Lose It. But, is there a reason to sync? It seems to me that the Fitbit app has all the necessary stuff. I'm just trying to figure out if I'm missing something by not using an app other than Fitbit.

Well I use MFP anyway so I like that it syncs to fitbit and shows my calories there. I used to track my food on fitbit but I like MFP better. I can't remember why I like it better because I stopped using it years ago to track my food. I have recipes stored on MFP. I cook a lot and MFP allows me to build recipes and store then there and I can see all my nutritional info. Also in the past before I was thinking of doing this surgery, I used to fitbit and MFP to help me decide how many calories to eat a day. It is more useful when each app can see your activity level and calories to come up with a daily calorie goal. For example, if my calorie goal was 1200 calories then MFP could see that I burned an extra 500 calories with exercise on the fitbit and it would tell me that I was allowed to have extra calories that day based on my activity. Or on fitbit, it would see how much I ate and it would tell me how many more calories I needed to burn to reach my goal of losing 1 to 2 pounds per week.

Edited by rosestara

My sister gave me a Misfit Shine for Christmas and I love it. It is co-branded with speedo and since I swim it is great for tracking laps since I can wear it in the pool.

I have a jawbone UP3 and I love it!

Edited by crazyplantlady

I have a FitBit One and its served me well over the past 2 years.