Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm just wondering why so many of you weigh yourselves everyday. I'm not asking to be bitchy or judgy...I'm just curious is all.

I just find that weighing myself everyday just depresses me for the most part if I haven't had a loss. I weigh myself once a week, sometimes twice a week if I'm curious.

When I started coming on these boards I was very surprised at the number of people who said they weigh themselves everyday.

If you do, do you find it motivates you?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I weigh everyday because it keeps me on track and honest ...

What I mean by honest is ... if I had something like an extra handful of popcorn ... or 2 more bites of the Protein bar before bed ... or a bite of bread ... I wanna know how that affects me on the scale ...

I do my darndest to NOT have bad carbs ... But if we're truly honest with ourselves ... we do have a bite now and then ...

So by tracking my progress daily ... I keep up with it :)

Just my anal-ness coming out :)

Weighing daily can definitely mess with your head if you can't handle the minor weight fluctuations or if you are expecting to see a loss every time you get on the scale. For people who are immediately post-op, I would STRONGLY advise not weighing daily. I did weigh daily or almost daily while I was losing, but I only documented my weight on Monday morning and on my monthly surgiversaries. I took all the other weigh-ins with a grain of salt and didn't invest my emotions into them.

Now that I am in maintenance, I weigh daily just to make sure my weight doesn't start creeping back up on me without me realizing it!

During weight loss, I weighed rarely (1x per month or so). My program wanted my main focus to be on how well I was complying with their eating plan, not how fast the weight was coming off.

In maintenance, I weigh every day. The easiest way for things to get out of hand and re-gain to start is avoiding the scale.< /p>

I weight myself almost everyday because I want to be able to quickly correct myself if I gain. However, I can see how it may not be best for everyone to weight themselves every day. When you are in your honeymoon period and you weigh yourself every day you can literally see 1-3 lb loss a day, which is really exciting.

All those things totally make sense!

Before I had my sleeve done and would go on diets, I used to weigh myself everyday, and if I gained, I gave myself permission to go eat a bag a chips because "oh well, I screwed up".

It's because of that mentality I don't weigh myself everyday.

I'm very confident now that I wouldn't go eat crap if I saw a gain, but I'm too scared to weigh everyday....it's funny how we psych ourselves out hey?

I weighed nearly daily for months after surgery. I was losing weight so quickly and wanted to see the losses and celebrate! My weight loss has slowed it got the point that daily weigh-ins were messing with my head. I'm staying off the scale and trying to weigh-in just once or twice a week now.

I'm just wondering why so many of you weigh yourselves everyday. I'm not asking to be bitchy or judgy...I'm just curious is all.

I just find that weighing myself everyday just depresses me for the most part if I haven't had a loss. I weigh myself once a week, sometimes twice a week if I'm curious.

When I started coming on these boards I was very surprised at the number of people who said they weigh themselves everyday.

If you do, do you find it motivates you?

I choose not to weigh daily. Early out I only weighed at doctors appointments. Now, I weigh infrequently.

It is better for my soul.

I weigh everyday because it keeps me on track and honest ...

What I mean by honest is ... if I had something like an extra handful of popcorn ... or 2 more bites of the Protein bar before bed ... or a bite of bread ... I wanna know how that affects me on the scale ...

I do my darndest to NOT have bad carbs ... But if we're truly honest with ourselves ... we do have a bite now and then ...

So by tracking my progress daily ... I keep up with it :)

Just my anal-ness coming out :)

You sound exactly like me, that is the very reasons I weigh daily and by doing so I stay on track.

I don't weigh daily, as I know it would screw with my head! I find that the daily fluctuations don't necessarily correlate to what I ate the day before and can be weird and random. I weigh myself Monday mornings and log it in MyFitnessPal. I might step on the scale another morning or two, but I don't record it. I'm in maintenance now, but I did it this way through the weight loss phase as well.

Everyone is different. Weighing daily just pisses me off so I weigh 2-3x per week. So far this is working as I'm seeing the losses, motivates me if I see an increase, but doesn't freak me out when I haven't seen a change since yesterday.

Some people will freak out when they weigh daily and don't see a change every single day. Some people need it as an accountability. You just have to find what works for you to make sure you stay on track in your weight loss journey.

Everyone is different. Weighing daily just pisses me off so I weigh 2-3x per week. So far this is working as I'm seeing the losses, motivates me if I see an increase, but doesn't freak me out when I haven't seen a change since yesterday.

Some people will freak out when they weigh daily and don't see a change every single day. Some people need it as an accountability. You just have to find what works for you to make sure you stay on track in your weight loss journey.

I've weighed daily for years. I have a phone app that calculates my moving average so I look at trends and don't get hung up on my daily weight. I find it very helpful.

I weigh daily and have been fine with it, but I will say now that the losses have slowed, I am not sure I will continue to do it as I can see how it could start to mess with me. Prior to though, I found it quite exciting to weigh every morning and see the new changes! BUT I will say the most encouraging part is the measurements which I do every 3 to 4 weeks only and that is really motivating.

I have always had Monday morning weigh in as my "official" weight which I record. I weigh a few more times a week too but don't track it.

It doesn't s stress me, it is an accountability method.

I get stressed when I detail track my intake. I am guessing that is due to being on diets since I was 8 years old, and mostly used a tracking approach.

I have always weighed daily, now that I'm in maintenance it keeps me honest