Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are you doing with your revision?

Just want to get some feedback on how things are going for those that had revision from band to bypass (this is what I am going to be getting). What kind of progress are you making, how much weight have you lost since surgery? Loving it or hating it? Missing the band ;)? (I doubt I will ever miss mine)

I keep hearing that weight loss is slower after revision vs those that had bypass first time around. When I talked to my psych about it when I had psych eval he said he does not believe this to be the case, which was pretty encouraging. I am not looking for fast weight loss but my weight loss has been always extremely slow to none, so I am nervous.

Thank you for sharing

I hand my band to RNY on December 28 as you know...the first 3 weeks was tough because my revision was all in one and the band had done more damage...erosion.etc...I now feel great...no acid reflux ,no pain and no port site issues,no dumping.I feel great.I am losing slowly but steadily.I am ok with all foods.No problems.I actually feel really good.I need to get in the exercise and I struggle with getting my Water intake but I just feel great.Overall....all the hoops and steps to finally get this revision is proving to be definitely worth it....get it done...you will feel so much better!!!!!!

So happy!

So happy!

Pink girl

So glad to hear from you and glad you are happy with your decision.

I cannot wait! I am going for my last follow up on the 17th for my diet then the office will submit to insurance. Sure hope they won't come back with more hoops.

What kind of pre surgery tests did you have to do?

Just the week before I had pre admission testing I had a Chest X-ray,blood work,an overview of pre admission procedures to the hospital....and they weighed me.Make sure your surgeons office get all paperwork with test results sent to hospital.Start getting prepared!:-)

A secret.I started taking my laxative (Miralax and citrate of magnesia 2 days before)I drank lots of tea and really cleansed my bowels....As a result I have had no bad gas pains post surgery.Other patients complained about gas and shoulder pains.I have had none!Also get an electric heating pad.My only thing that I am struggling with are these little scars that are visible...and raised...might need to see a dermatologist in down the road....I am so happy for you...Sandy

Just the week before I had pre admission testing I had a Chest X-ray,blood work,an overview of pre admission procedures to the hospital....and they weighed me.Make sure your surgeons office get all paperwork with test results sent to hospital.Start getting prepared!:-)

That's not too bad, I don't know yet what kind of stuff I will need to do. i am nervous already lol

Not bad....general stuff..weight,blood work,blood pressure and chest X-ray...simple

Oh and they took my temperature!LOL!

A secret.I started taking my laxative (Miralax and citrate of magnesia 2 days before)I drank lots of tea and really cleansed my bowels....As a result I have had no bad gas pains post surgery.Other patients complained about gas and shoulder pains.I have had none!Also get an electric heating pad.My only thing that I am struggling with are these little scars that are visible...and raised...might need to see a dermatologist in down the road....I am so happy for you...Sandy[/quote

Good idea, thank you!

How long were you on liquid diet pre op?

My surgeon requires 2 weeks. I am constantly hungry so it will be torture.

Yeah scars are not fun, but right now I just want to lose weight I can live with scars:)

How is your hunger now?

Now that I am losing...I really see how fat I have gotten....it is slowly but surely coming off..you will go through phases for food ...liquids,purée,soft and then solids post op but all ok...I have to remind myself to eat.I have no sugar cravings.Not one piece of chocolate...

I get my fix from Premier Protein shake and sugar free Chocolate Calcium chews I got from costco.

My surgeon was a bit different .I was on soft foods 2 to 3 shakes, cream of wheat,ice pops,for dinner I was allowed steamed spinach in broth and a small piece of white fish or red snapper steamed in broth.2 days before surgery all liquids ...those sugar free pops saved my life.....

I had only lost about 3 pounds...at that point...I am a slow loser so it didn't bother me and I also had given up caffeine....now that was hard...I had headaches and body aches for the first week but then by the second I was good.

My hunger is no longer uncontrollable....I am now on solid foods and I am eating high protein...very Atkins like...I feel great.Sugar cravings is gone...I actually crave my Protein shake....I now drink teas...

Now that I am losing...I really see how fat I have gotten....it is slowly but surely coming off..,,but I am really fat.I see it clearly now.

@@UsernameTaken, I am over a year post-op from revision surgery and overall it has been a good experience. I have not experienced slow weight loss but I think that's a relative term. I have lost about 135 pounds since having surgery the end of 2014 and just stopped losing earlier in February hopefully to maintain where I am. (I wanted to stop losing). I don't regret the decision even though some days have been difficult. I'm not missing the band at all and RNY is much better. I hope the best for you.