Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost a year out and only lost 64lbs

I'm feeling discouraged as I've only lost 64lbs I've been stuck at 174.

I eat right and exercise daily.

This is is frustrating. :( any tips?

Hw. 240 Sw. 225 Cw 174

Yeah this is very discouraging as I'm only four months out and have stalled over a month but I'm not exercising daily and spent the last week consuming to much wine but I was stalling prior.

If you aren't going low carb give it a try. Be sure to log everything as we can think we are doing anything right but actually eating or drinking more calories that we think. I would try eliminating cows milk, Protein bars etc - lots of carbs and calorie dense.

I'm feeling discouraged as I've only lost 64lbs I've been stuck at 174.

I eat right and exercise daily.

This is is frustrating. :( any tips?

Hw. 240 Sw. 225 Cw 174

CowgirlJane nailed it......or at least what I'm sticking with.

Sure there are stalls, but if you are living in a calorie deficit and doing things to increase your metabolism then weight loss will happen.

What is eating right and daily exercise for you ?

A food log would help, include quantities and even timeof day. fruit is very sugary, berries less so. Fruits are healthy in many ways but not your friend if you are carb sensitive. Sometimes people say they don't eat starches but the carbs hide alot of p l aces so logging really helps.

I switched to high intensity interval training and strength training and low carb to get rid of the last 30-40# ..

If you're not tracking your calories, carbs, and Protein, start. It's hard to see what changes need to be done if you're not sure where you're even at.

Thee are several great tracking apps out there. I personally like My Fitness Pal.

If I keep my carbs under 30, I lose about a 1lb a day.

The kind of fruit you eat really matters. Bananas are full of carbs, while berries have fewer carbs.

Here is a list of low carb items, if you eat fruit, try to pick from the fruits on this list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kg5tJVTEqlHJTFiQ64ORQ0P6s3qEnjALPVFI_rIuW7I/edit#gid=0

Also tracking everything is really important.

If your nutrition isn't right, your cardio won't matter. You can't out train a bad diet.

discouraged, only lost 64lbs- started using My Fitness PaI don't drink enough Water

@@branlee90

allllll the advice given above is perfect (I taught "them" everything thing they know :D

i do understand how stalls are a bitchhhh :(

they happen to most of us

you ONLY lost 64 lbs pre-postop

the word ONLY referring to weight loss

needs to be thrown out the window!!!

some people might say they ONLY lost 1/2 lb - or 1,2, 3 lbs etc

every lb is a victory!!!

you lost 64 lbs!!

glass is have full, not empty

glad you are tracking now with MFP

very important drinking lots of Water, and all the other water rules

try not get discouraged (this is another bad word!!!

Do or Do Not - There is No Try!! Yoda

have you sent out new address cards???

you used to live in twoderville, USA

now you have moved DOWN to onderland

better neighborhood - nice people

keep up the good work

i know you will!!

good luck

kathy

You also haven't mentioned how many grams of Protein you are getting daily.

PS: It took me exactly a year to lose the 71 pounds I needed to go from my surgery weight of 236 to my goal of 165, so I don't think you lost any more slowly than I did. But you know what? Even losing slowly will get you to your goal eventually!

Okay I just started using my fitness pal a couple days ago. I definitely noticed I don't drink enough Water so I'll start that asap.

Ok great that you've started tracking! What else have you noticed besides the Water?

What are your macros--fat/protein/carb percentages?

What is your calorie total?

How many grams of sugar?

You have received some great advice above.

Why not make an appointment with your NUT to talk about your goals and strategies for reaching them?

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

This is what I've got so far. It's hard to log in everything

Well for my program when I was in the losing phase (I'm in maintenance now) I would have had to have a much lower carb count and a higher Protein count. I needed at least 90g of Protein (90-120) and fewer than 50g of carbs.

Your overall calorie count here is about 1026. During my loss phase I averaged around 700-800 calories per day unless I ran 5 or more miles and then I added in 200-300 calories (or more if I was really running far).

Lots of people on here say they can't lose on that many calories a day. I can, but tried to maximize that first year so I didn't. Plus it was just hard to get more than that in for the first year.

You might try to lower your carb count. Play around with things